We recently visited the Hilton Los Cabos for a five night stay. This was a return visit; we had also stayed at this hotel in 2007.
The hotel consistently met or exceeded our high expectations. The property is very well maintained and the staff are well trained. The pool and beach areas are well managed. As is I suspect the case with all rooms, we had a great view and nice balcony. We used various hotel services -- room service, internet, the fitness facility -- and were more than satisfied with each. The internet did slow down in the evening when demand was high, but that's a small quibble. We ate at two of the hotel restaurants and were pleased with each. Staff were friendly, helpful, and attentive.
The pool gets more business than the beach. We visited in August and the good recliners by the pool were taken (in the sense of being reserved with towels) by about 10 am. Less desirable recliners (those without umbrellas or a short distance from the pool) were always available in our experience. Seating at the beach, on the other hand, could be had at will. Recliners were stored toward the back of the beach, but there was s hotel staff member nearby to move recliners and umbrellas near to the water. I was particularly impressed by the fact that hotel staff were certainly available to bring drinks and food to pool or beach guests, but that they didn't feel the need to check in every half hour or so to see if you wanted to order anything. In this, the Hilton Los Cabos is different from other Mexican beach resorts where we have stayed. The ocean was largely calm and very comfortable for swimming, neither too cold nor too hot.
We had rented a car and this allowed for easy visits to Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Each is worth a visit if you have the time and both offer a variety of dining options. The hotel is slightly closer to San Jose del Cabo, but each is accessible in less than 20 minutes. The nearest large grocery is the Mega in San Jose del Cabo. If you have a car, it's definitely worth a stop to pick up groceries and drinks.
All in all, we had a great trip and the Hilton added to this experience. I anticipate that we will return someday and hope that that return will not take the six years between between our last visit and this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo