Recently returned from our 5th or 6th stay. You can tell by all the great reviews and especially by all the return guests they are doing something right!. Sure, there are bigger, fancier resorts on the planet but this resort ranks up there as one of the best we have found. Hilton Los Cabos has just the right mix: superb views, nicely decorated rooms, incredibly comfortable beds, good food, two fantastic pools, great beach, plenty of services (spa, car rental, deli, kids program etc.) plenty of places to relax and is kept immaculately clean! From the bell staff, to the front desk, the pool staff, the restaurants, housekeeping, room service, special events staff, everyone is helpful, friendly and we have been treated like royalty. We even have our favorites that welcome us back!
The resort is luxurious yet comfortable at the same time. It is also well staffed, you cannot look around without seeing a staff member on the horizon. The grounds staff is particularily amazing to watch. There is constant but low key and non-intrusive activity, whether landscaping, or cleaning, or setting up/tearing down an event. It is like a fine tuned orchestra. Every day everything is reset to perfection. (Unlike a popular non-Hilton resort we stayed at in Hawaii where the scattered lounge chairs sat untouched in disarray every day for all 6 days we were there. I kept thinking they need a visit to Hilton Los Cabos so they can see how it should be done!)
We have found it to be a very safe resort, not thinking one nght I left all my valuables (pc, wallet, etc) out in the open in my room while visiting friends in the next room over. I also left my sliding door wide open, after all I was just next door. The housekeeper doing the turn down service was concerned and closed and locked the door leaving my valuables untouched! On another visit, I left money on the desk for the housekeeper, she left it behind not realizing it was for her, we had to chase her down the hallway to give it to her. The housekeeping staff by the way does a great job keeping the rooms very clean.
If you have a special occasion to celebrate, big or small this is the place! I highly recommend working with the staff to make it even more special. They have great ideas and will work with you to ensure every detail is taken care of. Private dinner on the beach is wonderful! We also recently saw a small intimate wedding take place in a heart made of rose petals in the sand on the beach! We have also seen large weddings and corporate events and they seem to do a great job.
We usually take a taxi into town once of twice during our visits, but recently tried the public bus. The bus stop is right outside the resort, the bus driver saw us running and waited for us. It was about $2 and he accepted US Dollars for payment. He dropped us right near the Puerto Paraiso Mall. A short walk thru the mall and you are at the beginning of the marina which wraps around and is lined with restaurants and bars. Or you can walk easily to the main downtown to find the Giggling Marlin, Cabo Wabo, plenty of restaurants, shops or bars. On the way back, we easily found the return bus stop on the street outside the main Mall entrance. The bus runs about every 15-20 mins. It could not have been easier, and it seemed clean and safe.
There is so much more to love as well, the pools are amazing. The main infinity pool is the prettiest pool we have seen. The other smaller pool is beautiful and a little quieter and there is a large hut tub under a roof. Both pools have swim up features, but the pool staff is always nearby to deliver drinks and food as well. Same goes for the beach, where we found the staff to be fast and attentive. Sometimes just a quick wave to a staff member with a point to an empty drink results in another being delivered shortly :-) We also enjoy the ocean here as the Hilton has one of the few swimable beaches, some days the water is rougher than others but if you hit it right it can be fantastic. Some folks seem to stay closer to the left of the rocks where the water seems calmest. Also on the beach is a turtle pen where the protected turtle eggs are allowed to hatch, if you are lucky and catch it right you can release turtles. See the concierge to get on the list, or hang by the pen when the turtle man is there in late afternoon checking on the hatchlings. They are way cute and it is an amazing program they have.
If there is anything I could suggest to improve, I would say it would be nice to have coffee in the room, and also a wine list attached to the room service menu. We enjoy sitting on the balcony having a hot cup of coffee watching the sunrise or a nice glass of wine watching the night set in while listening to the ocean. ahhhhh......
Needless to say, we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo