“Could not have been better!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Altadena, California, United States
“Could not have been better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I completely relied on the reviews and was not disappointed. This was our first trip down to Los Cabos and we were stunned by the beauty of the hotel, grounds, pool and beach. This was also a big birthday celebration for me and the hotel went above and beyond by decorating our room with balloons, streamers, cake and champagne! The staff was extremely friendly and courteous and the food was delicious. While I am not a fan of buffets, the breakfast buffet was extremely impressive. There were many wonderful delights to choose from and the outdoor patio was the perfect place to enjoy them. I was also very impressed with spa. It's very attractive, the staff is wonderful and the services were better than we've experienced in the many other spas we've visited. I highly, highly recommend you book a room with an oceanfront view as the view is spectacular. Listening to the waves put us to sleep every night. We took a taxi into Cabo San Lucas one day and came back within 30 minutes. I can't see any reason to leave the hotel unless you've book a tour of some sort. We will definitely be back and a special thank you to Marco for making my birthday and our getaway so very special!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. We were on the 4th floor. Other travelers have recommended the 5th and 6th fl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the time you spent at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort. Birthdays should always be a big celebration, and we are so happy you chose to share yours with us. We focus on providing the unexpected extras – little surprises and excellent customer service – to ensure that your vacation is everything you hoped for. We look forward to having you back during your next trip to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Located on "the corridor" between San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, the Hitlon is nicely situated to take advantage of all that southern Baja has to offer. The property itself is very nice and well kept. The staff is courteous and professional. I think most all the rooms have nice views to include the sea. The are a couple of large main pools with swim up bars. Right on the beach. Transportation to either San Jose del Cabo or Cabo San Lucas is easy and cheap. Bus service is a short walk from the hotel lobby. The property seems safe and secure. Other than simply wanting to explore you wouldn't even have to leave the resort. The fitness center is better than average. Breakfast buffet is good. This is a Hitlon property so you do have to be careful with the rate structure when selecting a room rate. The location makes it easy to get to and from Cabo San Lucas without being too far from the airport.

Room Tip: The best view rooms are at the front of the hotel on the beach side, not the street side. A room on...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your review summed up the pride of our resort very succinctly. We are proud to offer safe, secure, beautiful accommodations for all of our guests. We invite you back during your next stay in the Los Cabos area.
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Yes, all the previous reviews are correct. It is rare to see a hotel with consistently positive reviews. Beautiful facilities and impeccable service. Instead of repeating what others say, here is additional info

-Try to go during low season, restaurants were empty, and lounge chairs were plenty, at all times of day.
-I planned it around full moon, and night time views were great.
-The turtle hatchery and release program was a highlight, something different; my daughter can’t stop talking about it. We released around 200 turtles.
-Wifi is $10/day, but business center internet is complimentary.
-Valet parking is free
-There is a free kids club, 9-5pm, daily. If they are above 4 years old, you can drop them off and forget about them. Younger kids need to be supervised.
-There is a deli, $15 for a sandwich combo.
-Free neck massages at pool side.
-Free grapes passed along pool.
- If you want a nice romantic beach dinner lit with tiki torch, you can arrange it for an extra $100 plus food costs.
-There was a wedding and the hotel decorated in a very beautiful way, they even had fireworks.

What wowed me:

-Employees are proactive, intuitive and go beyond expectations. The valet parking attendant is also the bell hop. He was friendly, asked my name, had my check in paperwork ready, and we went directly to my room, we skipped reception, he is my check in agent and check in directly in my room. He offered a welcome drink, margarita or lemonade. We could have taken it immediately, decided to stop by later at bar and relax and enjoy at bar with view.
- If you call operator for whatever reason, they move fast, I called to order corkscrew, plates, etc. They are fast. They also call back to make sure request has been met.
- I emailed the hotel in advance, I told them I was celebrating my anniversary. I received a welcome amenity of a chocolate sculpture, balloons and swans and a happy anniversary sign on bed with a welcome letter.
-breakfast buffet is delicious. So many choices, you can order continental that includes a variety of fresh squeezed juices, or get the full buffet that includes egg station and chicken dishes such as mole, fajitas, etc that left me satisfied all afternoon. The service here was among the best I have seen.

One odd thing:
Coffee: There is NO coffee machine in room. It is not advertised, but there is free coffee in the morning in lobby. The coffee is very weak. I like my coffee strong and for years always take my starbucks instant coffee on every trip. You can order room service coffee pot for about $9.

Food:
It is more than what I am used to, to get an idea burger at pool $20, Restaurant start at $25. One day we went to San Lucas, similar prices, other day went to San José, a little bit less expensive, but not by that much. So my point is that in the area food is expensive, at the hotel you are guaranteed prompt service, and guaranteed satisfaction. I did rent a car and went to Megastore to get some food, which helped ease the damage on the wallet. Kids eat free. And renting a car was affordable and driving was no problem.

Overall had a fantastic relaxing vacation, this hotel is best to enjoy it and relax, stay on premises, enjoy the beach and pool. Did not have one single inconvenience

Room Tip: For best views, ask to be on 4th and 5th floor. I think all rooms have balconies and face ocean, but...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your glowing review of our resort. We are very happy that you left without experiencing a single inconvenience. We take pride in providing prompt, outstanding service. Suggesting that a trip be planned around the full moon is a wonderful tip to future guests. The illumination of the full moon makes an already beautiful setting even better. We hope you will choose us next time you travel to the area.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Hotel was very comfortable and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The Concierge was helpful in recommending restaurants and booking activities. Breakfast in the hotel was amazing and enjoyed the spa as well. Not very close to town though so you'll want a car if you plan on visiting restaurants in the area. They do have a National Car Rental on the property to take care of that detail however.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your expedient review. We are so glad you enjoyed the food and spa of the resort, and we pride ourselves on thoroughly excellent customer service. You are absolutely right that a rental car is a convenient option for exploring the cities. For guests who don’t wish to rent a car, though, taxis and the public bus are good options as well. We invite you back for your next trip to Los Cabos.
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Spent three weeks here in September and another week in November! All the staff are marvellous! I was on business for both trips so didn't want to venture afield by the time I got in each night. Food was excellent and all the staff you run into even walking down the hallway always have a ready smile and acknowledge you! I plan on going back on vacation with my wife and will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: The first trip I was on the 5th floor to the left side as you look out to the sea but on the second...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to review both of your business trips spent with us. We are pleased to hear that you were more than satisfied at the level of customer service you received from the staff. We look forward to having you return with your wife for your next vacation.
Corte Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Returning to Mexico after a 25 year hiatus, we chose the Hilton Los Cabos resort, not only over all other spots in Mexico, but all other destinations in the world. Retiring after a long career and my wife’s birthday were our reasons for celebrating and this Hilton--management and staff--rose to the occasion and beyond to make my wife and I welcomed and much more.

ARRIVAL
As our shuttle bus entered the property through the locked gates, the driver must have given our name to hotel security; because a moment later, pulling up to the front of the hotel, they greeted us personally. They whisked us off, eliminating the check in at the desk, right to our rooms accompanied by tropical fruit margaritas in beautiful Mexican glasses.

THE ROOM
What a room! Our room was a top floor 1 bedroom suite with a commanding view of the beach, the Sea of Cortez, the coastline, the infinity pool and the beautiful grounds. Two spacious rooms, two complete beautifully accented bathrooms, the bedroom bath with a Jacuzzi soaking tub and huge walk-in shower, a living room and dining area would be our home for the next week.

The suite was well appointed with 3 double-door, lighted closets with built in shelves and cubicles, one with full length mirrors and many hangers, an antique armoire, bureau, a large dining room table with 4 chairs, two TVs--on a flat panel HD, a sectional couch and chairs. Sliding doors opened off the bedroom and the living onto a long balcony with couch, chairs and tables to enjoy the view. Two sets of curtains either filtered the light or completely blocked the morning sun, if you wanted. The bedroom had a comfortable king-sized bed with attractive duvet and pillows. The bathrooms had large beautiful hand painted sinks, daily replenished bottles of water and the usual array of Hilton toiletries. It was a green room with compact fluorescent bulbs and towels and linens changed at your discretion. There was even a hamper to place laundry instead of leaving them on the floor.

THE HOTEL AND DINING
Countless reviews have attested to the beauty and design of the hotel. They are all correct, the property is beautifully maintained, nothing out of place, people seeming to take great pride in this hotel. It is a tribute to the Mexican people who work there and to the quality of the management on all levels. My wife loved the Mexican design. It was not schlocky and had many beautiful details like the designer ceramic items in the bathrooms, and in the accessorizing of the rooms. Housekeeping and the staff kept the hotel spotless. I could not find a speck of dust in the corner of anywhere, not even a dead moth lying around.

We never left the hotel except to stroll up the beach to the Westin. We never felt we needed to. Everything we wanted was right there. It is a quiet place, no music piped out to the pool or even in the restaurants and lounges, as I recall. We ate in all the eating venues, at both poolside restaurants--La Barca & Madero, the Italian Restaurant, Fenicia, the Mexican restaurant, El Meson, in the cocktail lounge, La Vista, and even in the Deli. We loved all of them. Some comments have indicated that the food and drinks are pricey. They are, but certainly not inconsistent with other similar hotels around the United States and the world. We never felt we were exploited on the pricing. We found the same attention to detail in the food preparation and it’s presentation as in all other facets of the hotel--perfect. We sampled nearly every type of food offered and with two exceptions, it was quite good. (The tuna sashimi from La Barca was good but not up to the quality I would expect. The slices of tuna were cut too thinly, not of sashimi quality and was inundated and soaking in a soy based sauce. I would not recommend that. Same for the Oriental Ceviche, also from La Barca. Good fresh fish but this was lost in a hodgepodge of other ‘stuff‘ in a soy based sauce that both overpowered the fish and the palate.) All the other items we had from El Meson, La Barca, Madero and La Vista were quite good and well prepared. We sampled the ceviche, hamburgers, tacos, salsas and my favorite: the smoked Marlin tostadas.

Breakfast is served to a very respectable 11:30 every morning. We loved that, even though we ate early most mornings. If we did arrive late, nothing appeared picked over. They replenished everything so that it looked as ample and wonderful at the end of the breakfast as at the beginning. Continental breakfast was included in our rate. For a little more, we could have availed ourselves of the lavish full breakfast buffet. We did not find it necessary. The continental breakfast was wonderful. There was an assortment of fresh fruits, juices, yogurt, and fresh baked breads, rolls and pastries and juices. I recommend the jugo Verde, a green concoction of cactus, celery, banana and orange. Besides that, there was also pineapple, grapefruit, cantaloupe, papaya and watermelon. All fresh and delicious. The array of fresh baked breads and pastries will put anyone into carbo overload or heaven, depending on your take. My wife’s weakness were the cakes, sweet breads and pastries, which changed daily and were all delicious. In the dining room the staff serves with great aplomb. We were greeted personally by Luis, Angelica and Mario each morning. They made us feel special.

Fenicia was very good. Not only for Mexico but for anywhere. I thought they were better than most of the Italian restaurants that we ate in during a recent trip to Rome. Service was completely attentive without intruding on the dining experience. We did not avail ourselves of the oceanside dining but did eat by the pool, where only hours before we were relaxing in the sun. We shared salad, soup and pastas. The salad was beautifully presented on the plate with wonderful fresh and very flavorful vegetables, just the right amount of dressing to enhance the flavor with a lovely burrata mozzarella. The soup of the day was a perfectly prepared seafood soup that invited dunking the wonderful homemade breads into it. My wife enjoyed the crab ravioli which was perfect in presentation and taste--light and flavorful. I had the lobster and shrimp risotto with perfectly cooked lobster in a flavorful sauce. When it is 80 degrees out, I am reluctant to order a glass of red wine; room temperature is too warm for a nice red. Fenicia served the Malbec at cellar temperature, an indication of the detail that use to make a great dining experience.

THE STAFf

Every person we met at this hotel was routinely pleasant and helpful. We especially wanted to praise Mario Flores who served us at the pool daily and to Jorges, (Jorge of the Jungle), the pool concierge. They were engaging, polite and sincere in their desire to help us and make sure we had a wonderful experience. At the beautiful infinity pool, they seemed to anticipate your every need, without being intruding: cold towels, adjusting the umbrellas for shade, refreshing fruit popsicles, ice water refills…all complimentary. (My wife loved the four poster king size canopy "beds", where you could adjust the curtains for shade and privacy.) The staff was successful. We will be back again and again.

Room Tip: all the room seemed nice, and had an ocean view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your articulate and thorough review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort. Congratulations on your retirement. We are pleased to hear you chose us above all other locations to celebrate your accomplishment and your wife’s birthday. From the meticulously maintained accommodations and grounds to the attentive service, we are so glad you enjoyed each moment of your vacation. We look forward to welcoming you each time you return to stay with us.
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We just returned from our second week long vacation at the Hilton Los Cabos. We wondered if it would be as fabulous as our first visit two years ago and we weren't disappointed in any way. As Mary S said it's the best hotel we've stayed in. We were happy to see many of the same friendly faces (Hi Alex and Carlos!) still working there indicating they truly enjoy working and helping people to have the best time while they are there. Everyone is friendly, courteous, kind and go out of their way to be helpful.We relaxed on the clean beach (I love the various sizes of sand particles), watched the gentlemen dig up the baby turtles as they hatched in the preservation area. Three times we appreciated our experiences in the wonderful spa where Sandra and Aricely provided us soothing massages. The food is fabulous in all of the restaurants. We don't eat large breakfasts so we skipped the great breakfast buffet this time but I remember how I enjoyed the local dishes and great variety of local fruit juices that were available first thing in the morning.

The resort and beach are very clean and constantly being maintained. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are so comfortable. The large fish tanks at the entrance to the restarurant are huge (they feed the fish in the mornings around 8 or 9).

We traveled by city bus for daily excursions to Cabo San Lucas to shop, para sail, ride a glass bottom boat (we saw whales on this ride two years ago but it was too early for them this year)and of course we ate the wonderful and horchata that is available in the many restaurants. We felt quite safe on the $2 to $2.50 US ride. Sunday's in Cabo San Lucas have family time when the main street is blocked so families can ride bikes, walk, skateboard...safely together. We enjoyed the Outdoor Zipline Adventure and the staff so much that we did it twice this trip. If we are ever fortunate enough to return we will probably rent a car so we can explore other parts of the area.

A great big thank you to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort for making two vacations absolutely unforgetable!

Room Tip: We stayed in a quiet first floor room two years ago and appreciated being so close to the pool and b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the detailed review of your second stay with us. We are delighted to know that you were just as happy this time around. We take great pride in ensuring that the friendly staff provides comfortable accommodations and well-maintained grounds. The daily excursions definitely add an exciting dimension to any vacation. We eagerly anticipate your next stay with us here at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort.

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!