“Los Cabos Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

You added Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Transpeninsular Km. 19.5, San Jose del Cabo 23447, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Tucson Arizona
“Los Cabos Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I have to admit that I was skeptical of the great reviews of this hotel before we stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. I have stayed in many beach front resorts and it is tough to keep them clean and bright looking after the first year of operation. Hilton Los Cabos could be the best exception to this I have ever experienced. Beautiful, clean rooms, lovely helpful staff. The food at all of the resort restaurants was fresh, flavorful and beautifully prepared. The spa experience for both my husband and I was above the normal hotel spa, both in size of the facility and professional level of staff. My husband went deep sea fishing and brought the fish back to the hotel, the chef prepared them exactly as my husband requested and with delicious side dished. Truly a memorable lunch. We are not big Mexico travelers but would consider a return trip this fabulous destination resort.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you. It’s always a special thrill to hear when experienced travelers find reason to give our resort a special shout out. I’m glad you found resort both beautiful and clean. The cleanliness and maintenance of our property and hugely important to us, because it all comes back to providing a wonderful experience for every guest. Congratulations on your husband’s catch. I’m glad you enjoyed lunch. We hope to see you again. Thanks.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

This Hilton was excellent in all respects. The service, pool, beach and room were perfect. The only drawback is the early morning wakeup time to reserve deck chairs by the pool (you should get up at 7 AM to place personal items on the chairs to reserve them). There were wonderful extra touches like sweet frozen grapes distributed poolside in the afternoon; Five dollar poolside chair massages, etc.

Room Tip: Poolside patio room or oceanfront are nice!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay, including all the “extra touches.” A little something special to enjoy every day makes each stay so much more memorable. Thank you again.
Berkeley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos for four nights, and we loved it. The staff is very attentive and friendly, the grounds are impressive, especially the large and open lobby/entrance which leads to a lovely bar with a stunning view of the property's infinity pool and the ocean. We were greeted with a delicious margarita upon arrival, and our room was clean and spacious. Also, the Hilton has its own kind of cove on the beach, where we swam in the ocean everyday. Be careful, the waves and current can be powerful. The food at all three restaurants at the Hilton was delicious. The gym was also great, and while you work out the staff bring you cold bottled water. This was a lovely getaway for us at a more resonable price than some of the other luxury resports in Cabo. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your review of our resort. It sounds like a terrific getaway. I’m glad you took the opportunity to swim in the ocean, which is a unique feature of the resort that many don’t even realize is available. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed all of the food during your stay as well. We hope to be a part of your next Mexico getaway. Thanks again.
guadalajara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

The Hilton is a great place to stay in Cabo, we go on business fairly often and always stay here. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms are big, the restaurants have consistently good food and the location is very convenient. The buffet breakfast is an excellent value.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your lovely comments. With over 100 reviews, I know that you’re a very experienced traveler, so it’s an honor to have you stay with us. I’m so happy you enjoyed everything. Come back and see us again. Thank you.
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We've been to the Hilton Los Cabos twice; two years ago for a friend's wedding, and this past weekend for a joint 40th birthday party. Both times, our stay has been fantastic. The staff are so accommodating, friendly, and helpful. I've never heard "no" there; for example, if you want to order something not on the menu? No problem. The rooms are large, comfortable, and have great views. The food is tasty, the pool great for kids and partying adults (somehow, even at the same time...and they all get along!) The rooms of both people celebrating their birthdays were decorated on arrival with balloons, candy, and streamers - a thoughtful surprise from the staff. I worked with the events staff to plan a beachside dinner for about 25 people, and both in planning and execution everyone was professional, friendly, and helpful. With absolutely everything. Oh, and I also had the best massage of my life there. I have nothing but the highest recommendations for this resort and only hesitate to post this review because I want to keep the Hilton Los Cabos to myself!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
We appreciate you choosing not to keep all the excitement to yourself! Why keep it a secret if you had such a great time on vacation. Our resort is quite large so we will be able to accommodate you whenever you return, and a number of friends as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We are happy to have been a part of these special occasions in your lives. Our family-friendly resort offers something for all ages, and what better way to commemorate your vacation than with an amazing massage. Come back soon!
Reading, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Fabulous Resort, can't wait to return! My husband and I were married here in May and stayed for our honeymoon too. We were at the resort for two weeks and everything was spectacular! The food, the staff, the room and the wedding. The grounds and resort are impeccably maintained. The staff was all very friendly and attentive, and in the most genuine way. The rooms are airy, bright and clean. The food was delicious, lots of options too! This place exceeded all my expectations. We had 30 other friends and family members along for the trip, and they had the same wonderful experience as we did... everyone is looking forward to a return trip!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write about your memorable experience at our hotel. Thank you also for making Hilton the destination for your wedding. We are honored to have you and your loved ones celebrate your union with us and hope you will be back for anniversary trips also!
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

First off, I am a Diamond member and have stayed at my fair share of hotels and this is my first review because it was that good. My wife and I stayed at this resort for our honeymoon and we were treated like royalty. We loved everything about the resort! I can’t get over how pleasant every one of the hotel staff members was. They truly enjoy what they do and you can tell by all the smiles, greetings, and exceptional service.

We were welcomed with margaritas at check in and upon arrival to the room we were surprised to find balloons and a “Happy Honeymoon” greeting on the bed, along with some assorted chocolates and fruits. The rooms have beautiful views overlooking the resort and ocean. The room was very clean and the bathroom was large. The food was excellent and we didn’t think the price was that unreasonable for a resort. My wife and I enjoyed the swim up bars for lunch and for refilling our margaritas. The drink prices seemed a little pricey but after traveling to downtown cabo I found the prices to be about the same.

The staff truly makes this place exceptional. I will recommend this Hotel to everyone and anyone traveling to Cabo. My wife and I enjoy traveling to new places but this resort was so nice we are already thinking about going back for our 1 year anniversary.

Tips:
Room service was fast and delicious. We had a couple dinners on our balcony overlooking the ocean.

The popular pool side chairs do get claimed early. There are plenty of chairs available but if you’re picky about pool side chair selection get up early tand reserve a spot.

Utilize the concierge to book excursions and dinner reservations. They are very helpful and recommended some great places for us.

Taxi's traveling into downtown Cabo cost around $20-$30 each way. We found that taking the city buses was much more cost efficient. It was $2/pp each way. Yes the buses are older and not in the best shape but we used them over a dozen times and didn’t feel unsafe at all.

Dine at the Fenicia restaurant and try to get a table next to the infinity pool.

Happy Hour from 5-6 every evening at LaVista bar for half off drinks and free appetizers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Firstly congratulations on this milestone! We would also like to thank you for your excellent review. It is truly our pleasure to celebrate these moments in our guests’ lives, and we strive to be an integral part of helping you to create amazing life-long memories. We could not be more pleased that you both enjoyed your honeymoon with us and we hope to have you back for your anniversary.

Been to Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!