After debating where to stay in Cabo, my husband and I were very happy that we chose the Hilton. It's a beautiful property with great public spaces - pools, restaurants, bars, beachfront. The infinity pool is gorgeous and lots of loungers and umbrellas. Perfect if you want to just chill and relax. Good central location along the hotel corridor with a bus stop right outside.
The rooms are nice - separate shower and large tub. Comfy beds. Balcony/patio space. Cable TV. Complementary water. Mini bar refrigerator - great for storing a few snacks or drinks if you buy it from a local grocery store like Mega.
We did a few trips into San Jose and Cabo using the buses. Stops are just outside the main entrance and only costs 18-19 pesos (< $2) one way per person. You can pay with USD if you don't have pesos on hand, but have dollar bills available. We liked the fact that we could take the bus either way (10-15 min ride) and get into the city to try some local restaurants (Los Claro's in Cabo and Guacamaya's in San Jose).
Concierge arranged for tennis courts reservations and deep sea fishing with a local provider. We had an excellent time deep sea fishing and wouldn't have selected this provider (Pepe's) without the concierge. The tennis courts are artificial with sand, but nice. We didn't use the athletic center but it was large and well airconditioned. You can rent a car there for about $40 USD for a compact car if you need it.
The food at the resort is good, but pricey like other people have mentioned. If money isn't a concern for you, then it's a great place with a nice range of high quality food - japanese, american, mexican, and italian. Contintental breakfast buffet is $25 per person - hot breakfast buffet is $30. It's a nice spread with great service and live music, but ouch...we didn't do this everyday. We ended up getting a box of cheerios, milk, and some yogurts to save $$$. The food is very good despite the price. Lunch at the poolside bars is great. We did get food at the lobby bar - food is a great deal there and the drinks are great. The lobby bar is a great place to watch a sports game. We did eat one night at the Italian restaurant - the quality is good - pasta is a little greasy/overcooked, but flavors are good. Room service is a treat - they bring the table to you and set it up for you to enjoy - I'd recommend doing room service on your patio or balcony.
The service is great. People are friendly, courteous and helpful. Maid service was great - morning reset and nice turndown service in the evening. I needed a few bandages after getting cut during a snorkeling trip and they graciously provided some. You can exchange USD for Pesos at the front desk for a good rate better than at the airports - but you're limited to $100 USD per day. But the good thing is that USD is widely accepted at the hotel and in the neighboring towns.
We didn't use the spa facilities, but they were offering free 5 minute massages poolside each day. The pool concierge has an amazon kindle that you can borrow and the towel desk has pool floaties and paperback books if you need them.
There are business conventions and weddings - but we weren't bothered by it at all. I thought that it was cute to see the couples and see the wedding parties have fun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo