The room rates are expensive but we decided to try the Hilton based on its reviews. Now that we’ve returned from our Spring Break trip, I wanted to provide some honest feedback to balance out all the comments on this website.
Although I agree it’s a beautiful facility, room rates are not cheap. On top of this, Hilton charges an additional 10% resort fee on the total room cost.
The first few nights of our stay was in a partial oceanview room. The rate included a "free" breakfast. The coupons we were given for these “free meals” read that 25 pesos per person per meal would be charged to the room. For our family of four, that's roughly $10 per morning meal. We took this service charge to represent tips for the waiters. Considering it's a buffet breakfast and we are up and about getting our own plates of food, this is a fair amount. However, our waiter confronted my husband and asked why we didn't leave him a tip. We explained about the total $10 service charge being charged by Hilton and asked if that's not the tip. He nodded to agree but it was obvious he did not leave happy. After this incident, we were left to wonder if the food service charge is yet another revenue grab for the hotel, and none of it is passed onto the waiters? For a meal which is supposed to be complimentary, it is absurd to charge this service fee and then also expect the customer to tip the waiters on top.
That was not the end of our issue. For the last two nights of our stay, we splurged for a full oceanview room. Again, the rate included a "free" breakfast. However, this time, the meal coupons specified 40 pesos per person per meal. For our family, the service charge has now gone from $10 to $14 per sitting. This boggled my mind as to how the same meal would cost $10 service charge one day, but $14 the next. When I asked front desk about it, the clerk tried to explain that the 25 pesos rate applies for Continental breakfast only and the 40 pesos rate is for Full Buffet. This is absolutely not true. We were at the restaurant every morning and offered the same buffet breakfast - full range of items without limitation. My guess is that the service charge is set based on the cost of our room; so when we upgraded to the full oceanview accommodation, the service charge increased accordingly. This was yet another disappointment to what was otherwise a relaxing family vacation.
Aside from the above, we enjoyed our stay in Los Cabos. We really appreciated Pablos' help with meal and tour advice, and all the workers at poolside were fantastic as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo