“Good food! ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Cash Only, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We offer exquisite dishes of the Arab-Mediterranean cuisine, our concept also includes local food. In Al Falafel we prepare multicultural, nutritious and delicious food based in high quality ingredients, under the Fast food concept but fresh and healthy.
Los Angeles, California
“Good food! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Small restaurant, clean, nice decor. Food was good and tasty although not authentic Arabic food. Falafel tasted like they were from a box, but were well prepared. Hummus and grape leaves lacked seasoning. Service was good

San Francisco, California
“Al Falafel ROCKS! Don't miss this Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am a vegetarian eater and very picky about the food I eat. I search for fresh ingredients, portion size, value and cleanliness from the establishment I want to eat at. Al Falafel exceeds all my requirements from a restaurant. Everything is made fresh from ingredients and not pre made sitting in containers waiting for a customer. Don't be fooled by the simple atmosphere of this restaurant or its misleading menu board. We almost passed it by and I'm glad we didn't. We each ordered the combination plate and at the end of the meal we were telling each other we were stuffed before we had finished eating.

During our meal the owner's two children (boy and girl) came in and were playing a board game with each other and were so cute and pleasant. The young girl was learning how to play jingle bells on her guitar and we found that entertaining.

I wish I could give this restaurant more then 5 stars.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nancy g, Propietario at Al Falafel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you so much for this comments. You could give us more than five stars! wow It's a huge compliment. We are so glad you enjoyed our service and the spontaneus entertainment ha ha! We expect to see you again in our restaurant very soon.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Delicious, freshly prepared falafel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Delicious, freshly prepared, well served falafel and very nice staff that will serve you with a smile, specially Nancy. Prices are very reasonable (at $6 usd per falafel sandwich) and they have a great variety of meals, fresh water and desserts to offer, all complemented with a great atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Santa Monica, California
“Delicious, relaxing and off the beaten path”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This review is somewhat biased because the only business I would ever think of starting in San Jose del Cabo is a Greek restaurant, and she did it and does it wonderfully. This is her dream business, and I can see that, because I share her dream.
I went on a Friday afternoon around 2PM for a falafel sandwich. There was no one eating except me, which is usually a bad sign, but the retreat of this place made it worth the risk of so-so food.

The sandwich was better than most falafel I've had. It's five thick falafel patties per sandwich on a a fresh pita bread. You have the choice of a series of vegetables, and from a dietitian's point of view, a VERY healthy selection: julienned carrots, jicama, radish, romaine lettuce, tomato, onions, the list goes on and on. She carefully pointed out the medium, hot and so-called-mexican-hot salsas to me along with her line-up of taziki, garlic sauce or hot sauce.

I made the mistake of asking if the owner is Greek, to which she nicely replied that she is the owner, from Chihuahua originally. The shop sells a variety of cute, unique find souvenirs in her shop as well.

In all fairness to fellow tourists, she encouraged me to write a review on Trip Advisor. I would only write this if I felt she runs an honest business, though.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Really good falafel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

All in all , the food was pretty awesome. I am from the middle east and they've done a pretty decent job making it feel and taste authentic. The hummus was decent and the salads tasted fresh and healthy. I was not a big fan of the baba ghanoush, but it was not bad enough to sour the experience. The owner is friendly and the place is clean and welcoming. The atmosphere makes you feel like your eating at family eatery... we moved it.

• Visited May 2013