“Best American/Canadian Breakfast & Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Ice Cream, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: CJ'S is the only restaurant of it's kind in San Jose Del Cabo. We serve Great Deli and Hot Sandwiches like Reubens, Philly Cheese and French Dips. We have 12 Flavors of HOMEMADE Ice Cream, and all of our Salad Dressings, Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Pickles, Soups and Sauces are homemade. Everything on the Menu is under 12 Bucks and our Beer is Super Cold and Super Cheap. We also have FREE WiFi and calls to the US and Canada for customers
Edmonton, Canada
“Best American/Canadian Breakfast & Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I shared the 3 by 4 breakfast (3 eggs, 3 pancakes, 4 sausages and hashbrowns) the first morning we arrived in San Jose and we kept coming back for more! Their deli sandwiches for lunch were awesome too. Great, fresh food, and good service.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cjscourtyarddeli, Owner at CJ's New York Deli, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for the review. I am glad that you liked the food enough to keep coming back. I guess that is all we hope for as a restaurant owner. We look forward to serving you again on your next trip

92% Recommend
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Nice place for breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Breakfast in the courtyard was quiet and very pleasant. I had the Mexican omelet with home fries and although they were listed as hash browns, it was filling and delicious. The waiter was very attentive and kept my coffee cup filled, although the coffee could have been fresher.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am grateful for your comment about the potatoes because I guess I never thought about the difference between homefries and hashbrowns. I immediately changed the menu to reflect country potatoes and not hasbrowns. I honestly don't know what to say about the coffee, because our coffee pot only holds 4 servings (we have big mugs) it doesn't usually last very long. I will however make sure if the coffee sits for any lenght of time they are to toss it and make a new batch. Thank you for the constructive critisisim, it is actually very helpful.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Birthday Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I had heard about CJ's from one of my customers. The food was delicious. The service was great. Ashley was our server and she was outstanding. We will definately be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for trusting us with your Birthday Breakfast. Great to hear that you will be back. We look forward to seeing you again.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“one of the best finds so far for food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

yummy! that is how I feel I ordered a mushroom spinach and feta omelet and it was the freshest I have ever had! my daughter had onion rings and clam chowder and she shared NONE of it because it was so good, my husband had French toast that he says is the best he has had in Cabo. to finish the meal they both had coconut ice cream I ate a bite and if I had room I would of gotten it too. Amazingly fresh and large portions. Service was friendly and its nice to know the owners daughter has been there 7 years but is from NEW YORK for real!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for the great review. We do our best to make sure everything is fresh. I do however need to clear something up. I am not sure where the information came from, but I do not have a daughter (2 sons). I do have a waitress that could be mistaken for my daughter (blonde hair, blue eyes) but is not, and she is not from NY. (CA) Sorry if you were somehow misled. I am sure it was not intentional. I just wanted to clear that up in case my son's read the review and wanted to know why I never told them they had a sister. :)

Saskatchewan
“Great for breakfast and deli lunches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

This deli was recommended to us by frineds who had been there the previous year for the home made ice cream. It is a little hard to find but if you walk down from Mega to the beach (or vise versa) you will find this deli in the outdoor lobby of the Marisol Boutique Hotel.
Seating is outdoor only but is a very pleasnat space.

The first time we went, my husband had the dagwood sandwich which he raved about. Warning, if you are not real hungry, you should share this sandwich! I had a variation on a BLT which also included avocado. Real good. They have a license so we also had really cold beer! The second time we went, my husband had the Dagwood again and I had the Reuben sandiwch which was great!

We also went for breakfast one day. I must comment. A previous review panned the corned beef hash. Well my husband loves corned beef hash and has had it all over the US and Canada. He said it was really good so we must respectfully disagree with the previous reviewer. I had the two three combo which included eggs, hash browns, bacon and pancakes which was also very good.

On each visit, we also had some home made ice cream (yes, even after our breakfast!). It was awesome. We always had the dark chocolate but my friends tell me the coconut is also to die for.

Overall, we really liked this place. Nice atmosphere, casual, great music but not too loud, great food and good value for money. We would highly recommend this for a great breakfast or a change from Mexican. They are open from 7:30AM to 5:30 PM.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. I was very nice of you to make a point of talking about the corned beef hash. I know it's impossible to please everyone, but it is gratifiying to hear that the corned beef hash really was good. I guess not everyone likes corned beef hash made from "real" corned beef instead of "canned" corned beef.

PS - Just a quick note about our hours. We are 9am to 3pm for low season (May - Oct)