“A Wonderful place to Experience Dolphins” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos

Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos
Paseo de los Pescadores, Puerto los Cabos, Colonia la Playita, San Jose del Cabo 23403 , Mexico
52 (998) 193-3360
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Aquariums
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Dolphin Discovery Los Cabos invites you to live the dream of swimming with dolphins in paradise! With a range of programs for all ages, we offer family-friendly adventures with dolphins that you will never forget.
Albuquerque
20 attraction reviews
“A Wonderful place to Experience Dolphins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I were very moved by our experience at Dolphin Disovery.
From the time they picked us up at our hotel to the time they brought us back, the whole day was amazing. The dolphins are in the natural see water and not a tank. They seem to be very well treated. The staff is extremely professional. We will do it again!!

Visited November 2012

Toronto, Ontario
5 attraction reviews
“Natural Environment and good selection of activities with the animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had done the dolphin swim in downtown Cabo San Lucas, and we decided to try a different one this year. Dolphin discovery is much different in that the animals are in pens, fed by the natural ocean (unlike a large pool like seaworld). The trainers are very knowledgable and while the premesis is sparse (conservation is a big part of the deal here), you'll find everything you need, wetsuits (I recommmend them as the water can be cold, and you'll be standing stomach deep in it for quite a while), lifejackets, showers etc.

As for the swim itself, you get your standard 'dance' and 'kiss' - but a few newer activities - one where you hold the dolphin in the water, and the crowd favourite - the boogie push. Basically, you lie on a boogie board, at the far end of the pool, and the dolphin will push you from behind on one of your feet. Everyone in our group loved this!!! It was by far the highlight of the trip.

One downside is they do cahrge $25 per picture, or $140 for the whole set of your family. They are pretty good shots, and if you haggle a bit you can get them down under $100 usually.

If you can get this thrown in with a timeshare meeting, or have anyone in your party who likes animals, I'd highly recommend this.

As an aside, the San Lucas location just had a baby dolphin born 11 days ago - and you can watch it and it's mom in thier own pool before your event.

Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
30 attraction reviews
“great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My 7 year old is crazy about dolphins and whales so it was a foregone conclusion for us to visit this place during our Cabo vacation. We did the "dolphin encounter" - the trainer was very friendly and made made sure that everyone had a good time. Everyone got a chance to interact with the dolphin and get lots of pictures taken by the professional photographer.

The only reason I took away one star is that the set-up of standing in the water could have been made a more comfortable. Everyone had to stand on an underwater platform that was quite slippery and young ones found it particularly difficult to stabilize themselves. What we had seen in another dolphin interaction (in Bahamas) was lot more comfortable with a gentle slope in shallow water where kids could easily stand and the dolphin came up to them.

Yes, the pictures were awfully expensive but the store gave a handsome discount over the published price so it turned out to be a good deal. We bought the picture CD and all the pictures were fantastic.

Visited May 2013
Oregon
“Fantastic Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The day with the dolphins was the highlight of our trip. The trainer was great and even though the class size was a bit large (15) we all still got our time with the dolphins and the experience was amazing. My only reason not to give it a 5 was the pictures. They turned out great but I really felt that 60 pics for $175usd was astonishing! However since you cannot take your own camera (even if it is a water camera) you have no choice if you want the memories. They have you over a barrel and they know it!

However, since it was our first family vacation in years I paid it and went on my way, however I just want others to be prepared because I sure was not!

Visited April 2013
Seattle
“Wonderful facility and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went back and forth about doing this while in Cabo, but it was the one thing that my 12-year old son really wanted to do. We were staying closer to San Jose, so I was happy to discover this facility. The staff was so friendly, so professional and truly helpful. I thought the choices of what you could experience with the dolphins was better than those offered down in Cabo (right in the middle of the busy town). The setting was beautiful, with a lovely view over the Marina and the facility has nice showers, check-in area, waiting area (all outside) and a great little cantina attached. The actual dolphin experience gave everyone a chance to have several close encounters with the dolphins. So great - my son loved it. Everyone there was raving. If you are interested in swimming with the dolphins, I would recommend this facility over the one in downtown Cabo.

Visited April 2013