“Wonderful food for my Husbands Birthday in Baja Wine Country” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: KM 29 Costa Azul
Description: DECKMAN'S San Jose offers a daily changing menu, progressive 100% Mexican wine list, live jazz and great bar! Award winning Chef-Owner Drew Deckman greets you nightly with a culinary celebration of local and Baja California Ingredients. Live Music on a regular basis! Mexican Craft Beers and ample outdoor seating.
Saratoga, California
“Wonderful food for my Husbands Birthday in Baja Wine Country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I know this is a review for Deckman's in Baja. My husband I are went down for his Birthday and we just happened to find this gem!!! There was a sign on the side of the road we drove down a dirt road into a winery and there were these sweet little tables set up over looking the winery. The food was outstanding!! They are open at this location in the summer only and the food is all organic and changes daily depending on what is avail at the market.. We were very pleased and so enjoyed our time at Deckman's. A must go to place!!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

La Jolla, California
“Very expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tiny bits of food for a lot of money. Had good reviews but 14 of us did not like it. It also took forever to be served. Not sure if this was normal or not. Everyone was peeved.

Visited January 2013
Long Beach, CA
“The best meal in Cabo!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here our first night in Cabo in July and thank go because they were closing down for the summer!! We would have gone back again for sure if they had stayed open. It was the best meal we had our 6 day trip and we ate at alot of good places.
The service was perfect and everything was explained in detail and in English. We opted for almost the entire meu since eveything looked so good! We did 4 courses (8 items) and then 2 desserts. It was really cool because every item on the menu comes in small, medium or large so you are able to taste more things. We told the server what we wanted and he coursed it out and gave us the perfect size for each.
Go to this place!! Check out my pictures. They say it all, no need for words!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Deckman's was amazing. My boyfriend and I came here and had their 5-course tasting menu and were very impressed. The food was perfectly cooked, my favorite was the fish dish, and the 5-courses definitely filled us up. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Los Cabos.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Francisco
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We came here by chance; we showed up to another restaurant we had reservations at though they unfortunately ignored us for 30 minutes so decided to head elsewhere. We called Deckman's and they said come on over. It was quiet for a Saturday night which initially was a bit disconcerting. However, once our server came over, we had nothing but splendid food and service. I have eaten at numerous michelin starred restaurants and often travel for the sole intent of food (and eating it!). I had read the good reviews for this place, but I left with expectations thoroughly surpassed. Each dish was nicely presented, fresh, innovative, and delicious! Most great restaurants serve a number of dishes I love, and then a couple that are good but not great. This is the first restaurant in some time where every dish amazed me. Fish was perfectly cooked. Flavors melded together nicely yet all stayed distinct in their own right. Just an amazing place. I went to a few restaurants in Cabo with better locations on the water with amazing views; however, if you are looking for the best food, Deckman's blew every other place out of the water. Just go and check it out...you won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere