“The best meal in Cabo!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: KM 29 Costa Azul
Description: DECKMAN'S San Jose offers a daily changing menu, progressive 100% Mexican wine list, live jazz and great bar! Award winning Chef-Owner Drew Deckman greets you nightly with a culinary celebration of local and Baja California Ingredients. Live Music on a regular basis! Mexican Craft Beers and ample outdoor seating.
Long Beach, CA
“The best meal in Cabo!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I ate here our first night in Cabo in July and thank go because they were closing down for the summer!! We would have gone back again for sure if they had stayed open. It was the best meal we had our 6 day trip and we ate at alot of good places.
The service was perfect and everything was explained in detail and in English. We opted for almost the entire meu since eveything looked so good! We did 4 courses (8 items) and then 2 desserts. It was really cool because every item on the menu comes in small, medium or large so you are able to taste more things. We told the server what we wanted and he coursed it out and gave us the perfect size for each.
Go to this place!! Check out my pictures. They say it all, no need for words!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Deckman's was amazing. My boyfriend and I came here and had their 5-course tasting menu and were very impressed. The food was perfectly cooked, my favorite was the fish dish, and the 5-courses definitely filled us up. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting Los Cabos.

San Francisco
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We came here by chance; we showed up to another restaurant we had reservations at though they unfortunately ignored us for 30 minutes so decided to head elsewhere. We called Deckman's and they said come on over. It was quiet for a Saturday night which initially was a bit disconcerting. However, once our server came over, we had nothing but splendid food and service. I have eaten at numerous michelin starred restaurants and often travel for the sole intent of food (and eating it!). I had read the good reviews for this place, but I left with expectations thoroughly surpassed. Each dish was nicely presented, fresh, innovative, and delicious! Most great restaurants serve a number of dishes I love, and then a couple that are good but not great. This is the first restaurant in some time where every dish amazed me. Fish was perfectly cooked. Flavors melded together nicely yet all stayed distinct in their own right. Just an amazing place. I went to a few restaurants in Cabo with better locations on the water with amazing views; however, if you are looking for the best food, Deckman's blew every other place out of the water. Just go and check it out...you won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Service even more incredible than the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I won't spend too much time discussing the food because there are already about a million reviews covering how incredibly delicious it is. I will say that we had the oysters, halibut carpaccio, heirloom tomatoes, pork chop, and chicken with white beans. They were all perfection. The best meal I've had in a long time.

Now, let me tell you about the service. Gustavo was so friendly and knowledgable. He steered us in the right direction on everything from cocktails to wine to our meals to an incredible mezcal (new territory for me). He taught me about "worm salt" and what to look for when purchasing mezcal in the future. He was funny, friendly, and attentive. He overheard me wishing my husband a happy anniversary and made sure to make it a special night. All of this was enough to leave my husband and I very impressed, but he took service to another level the next day. That's right, the NEXT day! I had left my sweater in the restaurant and he tracked us down at our hotel (thankfully the concierge had made the reservation, so he knew where we were staying). The restaurant was closed for the season (we made it on their final night), so he offered to drop it off to us. Seriously! How awesome is that? I can't say I've ever had service like that in the past and doubt I will in the future. Until our next trip to Deckman's.

Thank you, Gustavo! You are the best!

Mexico City, Mexico
“Fresh, organic and innovative... but just missing the final touch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This little known restaurant, near San Jose, is a great option to try a fresh, organic and imaginative menu. The menu changes all the time depending on the local ingredients, this is the one thing I love the most about little organic restaurants.
We tried the five course meal. A fresh watermelon with goat cheese to start, followed by an extraordinary plate of oysters. The oysters had some yuzu and cucumber which made them fresh but missing some acidity, in my personal opinion. Next course a white fish capaccio with hot avocado and vinegar sauce. Then a very well cooked quail with baby beets and cous cous. Then a rib eye with an ox tail sauce and a vanilla hint. Finally, an apple and fennel with a cheese gelato and almond crumble.
The place is nice and music is well selected. A little bit hot in the terrace.
Ask for the specific date as the restaurant closes some time during summer.

• 4 of 5 stars Food