“Supurb View, Unbelievable Food, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Organic, Contemporary, Tapas, Eclectic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: KM 29 Costa Azul
Description: DECKMAN'S San Jose offers a daily changing menu, progressive 100% Mexican wine list, live jazz and great bar! Award winning Chef-Owner Drew Deckman greets you nightly with a culinary celebration of local and Baja California Ingredients. Live Music on a regular basis! Mexican Craft Beers and ample outdoor seating.
White Rock BC
“Supurb View, Unbelievable Food, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Deckman's Restaurant is not the usual run of the mill place to dine. You are welcomed immediately upon entering the establishment. There are multiple decks over looking the Sea or Cortez.from which to chose. The menu presents a choice of small, medium, and large portions. There is no restaurant in the area that equals this restaurant for quality, unusual selections and presentation. These folks are in a class of their own. Don't miss a chance to experience what Deckman's has to offer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Los Angeles, California, United States
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My wiife and I were in Cabo for the week. We looked up and tried manny local highly rated restaurants one with a similar concept. Not nearly as outstanding as Deckman,s. We arrived a little before they were open and were told we could wait at the bar. Fantastic move, while we were waiting the owner/chef started to write the daily menu on the boards. He introduced himself and discussed the menu. We had won a gift certificate for a three course meal at a fundraiser on a earlier trip. We discussed what things we liked and what we didn't, then as if on Que, the most wonderful dishes started to arrive and continued to do so. Each unique, with ingredient,s that we enjoy and each one better than the last (more than three). All in all the food, service, and entire experience was excellent.I would recommend Deckman,s to all

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Jose, CA
“Fine dining in San Jose at its best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I am a "Foodie" and I have eaten at so many outstanding restaurants in my life and I have to say, Deckman's is WAY up there at the top of that list. The last visit I had there, I did their tasting menu and from the amuse bouche (which that tiny little bite, rocked my world) to the dessert it was one taste bud party after another. Chef Deckman is so creative and I promise you, you will not be disappointed in dining there!

Visited November 2012
Vacaville, CA
“Extremely wonderful evening of food and wine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I don't even have enough words in my vocabulary to explain how impressed I am with Deckmans! My dad stumbled upon this place, and learning of the refined menu, told me he had just the place to bring me on our next trip to Cabo. We sat down, with Gustavo as our waiter, and just told him that we wanted the 7 course meal with wine pairing. I saw on the menu board that they had fresh foie gras, so I asked him to please make that one of the courses since it is now banned in CA. We started with an amuse-bouche of veal tongue, followed by oysters, tuna tartar, squash blossom, quail, foie gras, flank steak, a palete cleanser and then a deconstructed apple pie. Even if I tried, I would not be able to find a single complaint with any part of the meal. We also were able to try five different wines, a microbrew and some Mezcal with oranges rolled in ground worm and sea salt. Gustavo presented each course with a description, and often explained where the ingredients were from. My dad drives Baja, so he gave directions to the winery of the wine we were drinking and they had a great time talking about the smaller cities along Baja CA. The Chef came out to greet us and talk with us. The atmosphere was very nice. It was just an all around great evening!!!

The only thing I could see being a problem is the noise from the highway if you sat on the front patio, but we sat inside. It is a little pricey, but less money than we would spend on a similar meal in CA. The staff was excellent, the food was mouth-watering and I already have plans to go back on my birthday!

Great job, Drew!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cold Spring Harbor, New York
“Not What We Hoped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

First of all, the setting is a bit off putting right on the highway with the traffic noise. We elected to sit outside and it was distracting. The food was really nothing to rave about. My duck was severely undercooked. Chef Drew Deckman did come out and talk to us and the service was attentive. However, for our priciest meal all week, I expected much more and had much better at Cocina Y Cantina