This hotel was not bad especially for the low price but I would never stay here again for many reasons.
1)The first Room they gave us had a view of a chain-link fence and smelled very much like mold we requested to move and got a slightly better room. There are no elevators and staff does not take your bags to your room or from your room which can make for a heavy trip up and down stairs. The beds were hard. I called for a matress pad 3 times and no one could understand what I was asking for so nothing came. The fridge keeps things lukewarm and has no beer.
2). The food was the most disappointing thing. only two restaurants are open and only one was open each night besides the buffet. the buffet was cafeteria style,soggy and cold. Breakfast was the only passable meal because someone was making fresh eggs. the snack bar only offered hot dogs hamburgers and really watered-down nacho cheese from a pump. I didn't go to Mexico to eat hot dogs. Gross. I was always hungry and never felt satisfied with anything I ate. The restarants were ok but the waiters were rude and actually asked for a tip. I'm sorry but at an all inclusive resort I should not be asked or expected to tip. The last ai I staid at wouldn't even accept tips. Service should not depend on tips and it clearly does here. I asked someone at the Lobby bar for a quesadilla (they dont serve food until 11pm)and he actually rolled his eyes at me and walked away. The Mexican buffe night was not bad. But there shouldn't only be Mexican food one night a week.
3) drinks. They use the cheapest alcohol. Want a jack and coke? Too bad. Also they made them very weak I always had to get an extra shot added.
4) activites. The hotel website boasts about free non motorized water sports...no. There is nothing. Nightly entertainment was a joke. First they gave us an old calendar. The shows were like awkward middle school talent shows.
5) the front desk never knew anything about anything. Very unhelpful.
So many things were just outdated and off. The pool table was missing a ball and you could only use one stick the other had cracks and splinters all over it. The fooseball table had no ball and no one could be bothered to find one. They used to have elevators but I guess they broke and never got fixed. The charge $18 for wifi. The workers were not friendly or helpful.overall this was a good value. But you get what you pay for and need time we will shell out an extra couple hundred to stay somewhere better.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach And Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo Real
- Melia Cabo
- Cabo San Lucas Melia
- Melia Cabo Real Beach Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All Inclusive Beach Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Melia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.