You added Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Transpeninsular Km 19.5 | Sector 5, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Richmond, Canada
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I will never stay here again! The front desk is problem #1. We booked this resort with another couple our husband were go to golf and us girls were going to relax. I have a brain injury. When we checked in I was in another building from our friends. My girl friend and I explained to the lady on front desk about my problem that I get confessed. She say she could give us the same building but different floors but in 2 days the convention would be over and she could move us because the resort would be 30% full. We agree to what they had and said we would live out of our suit case for the 2 nights.. The room they gave us was on the first floor we had problem with that. The problem was that the Safe, Fridge, Toilet did not work. We kept going to the front desk to complain to send someone to the toilet problem they would send someone to fix it. We gave up on using it and went to the public toilet.. We knew we were being moved so we were hoping to be moved to a room that everything was working. On the Sunday my girlfriend and I went to the front desk to get the change of rooms. The lady who checked us in was there Ardleena (not sure of spell) she told us we would have to talk to the hotel manager Arturo. That was fine this man was so rude I really don't know were to start. He said my brain injury was not his problem and we where trying to use that excess to get something more than we paid for. All we were asking for were 2 rooms beside each other. In the beginning of all this we said we where willing to pay for an upgrade if that could give us 2 rooms beside each other. This man insulted me I not clue in my friend was so upset she was shaking. This all happen @ 1 pm he tell us the rooms he could give us were not ready and to come back 3pm. My friend went up to the new rooms and talk to the maid the rooms had been cleaned in the morning but she waited till 3 pm to go back to the front desk as we were told to do. I did not accompany her back to the front desk she left me on the lounge at the pool. Arturo was at the front desk talking to someone. He said to my girlfriend to go over there and sit down and wait for me. He finally came over to give her the keys. She told me when she came back to get me she felt like a dog to way he spoke to her. If we had not booked on a package we would have moved to another resort right then. Also I will say that the convention guests seem more important than the resort guests. They say there are 3 restaurants plus a buffet . The only choice you have is 1 restaurant and the buffet the other 2 are closed. In alternated between 2 restaurants each night and 1 of them never did open. The buffet is open air and same with 1 restaurant. I now understand the reviews I read about flies and bugs in the food these restaurants are out doors. Food was alright. In the buffet Marco during the day and Sergio in the evening were fabulous at their job above and beyond. The omelet lady in the morning she was great too always a warm smile so pleasant in the morning. I must say the Staff in the back end of the resort were really hard working. The pool actives were poor they also said they had yoga classes NO YOGA. Another thing the resort said they had not true. We tried to make the best of our vacation and not let the front desk experience ruin it. Still the treatment weighed on my mind and I just wanted to go home. The beach is gravelly but beautiful as you can walk for miles sand it better further along. We walked every morning just wonderful. Resort not so wonderful but it was warm and sunny. Arturo at the golf desk was not very good either all kinds of miss information prices not what he said via our emails before our arrival eg. golf courses and cab fares and time to get there. I still can't get over the fact someone would say I was trying to use my brain injury to get something.This is still very upsetting to me how he could be so hurtful. I can not recommend this resort

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear User Happydog4:

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your comments with other travelers through this media.

We thank you for trusting us and for your insights that helps us improve our customer service day after day , we regret that your stay did not turn out as you hoped it would, we are working on the points you mentioned in order to provide the excellent service characteristic of Meliá.

Guest Experience Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We stayed for 5 days and was our second trip to Los Cabos staying at an all inclusive resort.

The grounds were beautiful with nice pool/hot tub area. No difficulty finding lounge chairs or umbrellas at the poolside. (No infinity pool though.) One of the really nice perks was the swimable ocean beach, which is not always the case at many of the other resorts in the area. There were vendors on the beach, which offered many different activities- we did a sunset horseback ride. They were not overly aggressive or pushy.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. There were always servers going around poolside taking beverage orders.

The main buffet food was average. There were plenty of options, which tasted good. I wished that there would have been more Mexican food options. We would highly recommend the la terrazza restaurant for dinner, which is included with the stay but requires a reservation. The restaurant dinner was delicious and high quality.

Rooms were clean. Very high water pressure in the showers. The walls were a little thin, but we were hardly bothered by it.

Overall, a great value for the price and met our goals of having a low key relaxing sun-filled vacation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear User Mozambique1:

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a nice experience during your stay at Melia Cabo Real, your perceptions with regards to our services helps us to improve and maintain the level of service that distinguishes the Melia Hotels.

Your comments will be transmitted to the all those who helped build your memorable experiences.

I am at your service for any future requirements as we expect you back at the hotel and trust to have the opportunity to overcome your expectations with the passion for service that is characteristic of the Melia Hotels.

Bartlett, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The resort wasn't up to date, bathrooms where horrible, very dark hallways leading to the rooms, and the front desk workers where very bad! No clue about taking care of new arrivals! They had us wait 2 hours for our room and with kids it was a challenge. The food was average the pool was dirty but the bar area was good. The only bright spot was the Kujira restaurant host Esteban Tebbaza was fantastic!!! He was so helpful and very professional! Thank you Esteban!
Also the Kids Club worker Eva was also a big help and the kids loved the club! Thanks Eva!!

Room Tip: Don't ask for a ocean view upgrade! All rooms look out over water! Save your money!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear User Isabella1076:

We thank you for trusting us and for your insights that helps us improve our customer service day after day , we regret that your stay did not turn out as you hoped it would, we are working on the points you mentioned in order to provide the excellent service characteristic of Meliá Hotels.

Pasadena, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Apart from relaxing incredibly well, the entertainers always kept the day happy and fun. They each put a LOAD of effort into keeping everyone entertained, but my Favorite was the DJ. Every night from 11pm til 1am he (Erick) would play SO Many great songs to dance to. It was good clean fun that my family and I enjoyed too much! I'm definitely going back again very soon!

-Celeste-

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear User C-Less T:

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had wonderful experiences during your stay at Melia Cabo Real, your perceptions with regards to our services helps us to improve and maintain the level of service that distinguishes the Melia Hotels

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

overall the hotel was very clean,,, rooms were cleaned daily (except for the last night for some odd reason)...
staff was very friendly and responsive..

a la carte restaurants were decent..,,, loved the egg lady... and the feeding trough wasn't too bad..

negs..
..... no beach bar... ,, shows sucked (because there were hardly any)
..... our oceanview suite we paid extra for had a worse view than the normal suites...

overall 6.76 / 10

Room Tip: don't pay extra for the ocean view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear User Kengero:

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We attended a event that was hosted at this resort, the food was 5 stars & service ..our business takes us to Four Seasons & Ritz Carltons so did not think this was be as great. The buffet food was fresh ( pass on the hot dogs, fries area), and the bartender David was outstanding in taking care of us! Highly recommend the room with the MasterSuite , & Oceanview with jaccuzzi overlooking ocean. We rebooked before we left, and never left the resort for a week it was that enjoyable-

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear User Sharon R:

Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed the first week of Jan. 2013. The weather did not cooperated well, but the everything else was great. The drinks were good, the food was good to very good and our room was very comfortable. It is a relatively long walk to the beach from the resort area and pool. You need to negotiate quite a few steps in the process so if you have any issues with frequent bathroom trips or arthritis, this might reduce your walks on the actual beach.. There is a nice swimming beach close by. (It was too cold while we were there to go in above our knees).
Their lattes with breakfast were very good. We found the property lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Pcmcbride1:

Guest Experience Manager.

Been to Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!