Just returned from a 5 night stay April 21.
Food: The food was fresh and tasty (except for sushi at Asian restaurant, which was mostly rice and nori). Each meal at the buffet had fresh fruit, salads, and plenty of hot food. Best meal: portobello appetizer, asparagus soup, tomato salad and salmon at the Med. restaurant. Other highlights were tamales at the Mex. night, daily fresh ceviche, and Mango margaritas. If you want a strong drink, just ask.
Room: We paid extra and got a pool/ocean view in Building 3. Definitely worth it. The bed was firm, but comfortable. Bring your own conditioner & sunscreen. They give you towels, washcloths, shampoo, lotion, bath gel and soap.
Service: I have stayed at 3 other all inclusives and the staff at this was the best! Very friendly and helpful. (We did tip at the meals ($1-2/person and sometimes at the bars.)
Activities: We loved the yoga and water aerobics. Pool side games were fun too. There was always something to do. You can also check out games, snorkel gear, boogie boards, tennis equipment, and ping pong from the activity center. Darts & pool table in lobby bar.
Massage on the beach. Turn right and walk about 15 minutes toward Dreams resort). 80 minute massage for $30 USD. Massage was one of the best I've had. Ocean waves in the background and ocean breeze added to the experience. If you can't walk that far on the beach, take a taxi.
Bus system- If you aren't renting a car, take the bus for only 20 p or $2. usd. Bus drivers very helpful. Just tell them where you are going and they will tell you when to get off. We took the bus twice and had a great experience.
Getting to the resort from the airport. Taxi is $65 from airport or $14. per person via shuttle. We took the shuttle. On the way back it is only $35 for a taxi.
Only downside was the water was in the 70's, which is cold for me. We took the bus to Chileno bay (2-3 miles away) and found great snorkeling off the beach (go to the right). However, the hotel staff said the water is warmer (September- December). As others have mentioned, it is a walk to the beach.
Great Atmosphere-All the staff and majority of guests were warm and friendly. We had a great time meeting people from all over the world.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Melia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Amex, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach And Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Melia
- Melia Cabo Real Beach Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo