stayed in melia real in jan 2013. we had room 3316 which was an ocean view room (amazing view). the lobby is nice and check in was easy. our room looked like the pics, it was clean and the bed was good. the bathroom had a tub with a shower (which i usually hate, i prefer separate shower) but it was very roomy, great water pressure and plenty of hot water. the hotel grounds were well kept and nothing appeared too shabby. the pool area was nice and they had the bali beds which you could rent for 25 dollars. the bali beds were the most comfortable bali beds i have ever used, very soft with clean linen daily. the views at the hotel were just beautiful, especially the views at the pool restaurant. the service was good but a little short staffed in the bar areas and bar servers.the bar workers worked very hard and did their best, there just wasnt enough of them i think. soap box for the day: TRAVELERS..TIP YOUR SERVERS. it is just wrong to not tip these folks, they work hard and give better service then most places in the usa..why would you stiff them? for some reason people equate inclusive with no manners and are downright abusive to the staff. we even tip in the buffet area as the servers still addressed our needs, a couple of bucks means a lot to them. the only issue we had was with the food really. it was good, nothing was bad(had the best mashed sweet potatoes ever) but a little short on variety and a lot of the same dishes everyday. also, while you can get drinks in the pool area it is all cheap stuff..no premiums until 5pm..that was annoying. typical inclusive pitfalls. we took a short bus ride toward san jose and went to mega market and loaded up on liquor to take to our bali bed everyday (the pool tequila will make you cry). the hotel is located in kinda a remote area in between san jose and lucas, so there are no other shops or restaurants that are in walking distance which i did not like to much. the cab ride into either will be 25 dollars or you can bus it (which was fine during the day). overall, i thought the hotel was above average and worth the money we paid. i would recommend staying there and would stay there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Melia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Amex, getaroom.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach And Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Melia
- Melia Cabo Real Beach Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo