Stayed here before but many years ago. I remember liking it, but Im not so hot on it this time around.
The good: the staff were ALL amazing. This was the one stand out for us. The accommodation was good/fine. The room clean and nice. The hotel is set up well, in terms of it's structure/shape. It isnt too tall or too spread out; everything is within reasonable distance, centred around the BIG beautiful pool.
The bad: the food. We love to go to Mexico for the great MEXICAN food. Not for mediocre to bad oriental/international/sushi/you name the theme food. We ate out at a couple of fantastic restaurants in Cabo during our stay, thank goodness because the food at this hotel is (except for one night) everything but Mexican, and everything but palatable. The guacamole at lunch (NOT at the snack bar), and chips, were great. That's about it. The fish smelled bad. And, yes- the birds are all over the food.
The smoking. There are a lot of smokers who stay here, so be warned if this is an issue for you. It was difficult if not impossible to find a place to lay out at the pool that wasnt in the direct line of fire of a lot of smokers. The non-smoking area was poorly marked, small and only in the shade. It was kind of a joke. With all that we know about the dangers of 2nd hand smoke, not to mention the 1st hand (People, why continue to do this to yourselves?), it's too bad more resorts dont go non-smoking or have a designated smoking area, rather than the other way around. I dont want to be surrounded by it on my vacation.
There is loud music played at the pool all day, as well as games broadcast over the loudspeaker, so we tried to find a peaceful spot at the beach. There is a nice bay off to the side of the hotel, which is swimmable and this was great in terms of access (the beach bay is a short walk from the hotel, right in front of the Hilton) and the water is beautiful. The drawback is that to lay out on the beach is not a peaceful experience due to the plethora of vendors wandering the beach selling their wares. They are polite and they dont shout, like in some other countries we've been to, but as soon as we said no to one vendor who would approach us, the next one would amble over. This goes on all day. It is not conducive to enjoying a peaceful day at the beach/reading/writing etc.
Since Im at it, I will mention the towels. Seriously, I think replacing a towel once it has threads hanging off every side and most of the color is worn off it is not too much to ask.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Melia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Amex, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach And Golf Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Melia Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Melia
- Melia Cabo Real Beach Resort
- Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo