“alot better than most” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort

You added Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Transpeninsular Km 19.5 | Sector 5, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Kelowna, Canada
“alot better than most”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

we just got back on the 24 nov and had a real good time there. the drinks were very good and free flowing. yes they will fill up your bubba keg with whaterver you want. the food was good and a pretty good variety.
the service was outstanding especially from Eduardo at the pool bar.. this guy was flying around everywhere. you will have to book for ala cartes and should be up by 830 to put a towel down for a shaddy spot.
we booked a fishing trip through air transat on the gaviota fleet.it was a 28 footer went for 5 hours and the skippers name was ceasar and his singing deck hand were very professional they got us a 250 lb blue marling and a 30 lb dorado.. and we hooked up to 3 other fish. ask for him and you will have a productive fishing expierience boy we sure did.
the expieriec of swimming in the sheltered bay was fun but could be nasty at times as they waves can get really big. at times a little dangerous. free snorkel and boogie boards at the towel exchange.. there also is a book exchange but not much reading there.
Rueben the bar tenter at the lobby lounge was also first rate. be sure to take in the contests and shows. all areas were constantley being cleaned and staff always assured you were having a wonderfull time.
as other have said the beds are a little more than firm, be sure to get your egg crate foam toppers requested early as there are waiting lists. this will improve your comfort level.

Room Tip: building one is loud, two top floor has partial ocean view three hard to get without upgrade, but is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear user,Hemmingway_12

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great experience during your stay. Also we are trilled with the fact that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that you able to experience all our services.

Your comments in regards to Eduardo and Ruben have been Transmitted and they will be congratulated for their efforts because they help you live the " Melia Experience "

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

@ mexperience@meliacaboreal.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Regina, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We had the MOST amazing trip ever to the Melia Cabo Real closest to SanJose Del Cabo NOT Los Cabos.
I have been to.....probably about 15 resorts in the last 3 years. This one or the RIUs are my favourites by FAR. I was nervous after reading some of the reviews but know better to get my own experience and I have to wonder if these people are crazy!

Travelled with my husband our ages 46-56. Transfers and check-in was perfect and efficient.

The resort grounds are immaculate. They are constantly cleaning, sweeping, you name it. The pools, buildings, everything were clean and well-maintained. We stayed in a building overlooking a bit of everything with the ocean, pool and gardens...we had it all and loved it. We asked for a room with oceanview as a upgrade due to celebrating our Anniversary and got it. Rooms were clean and perfect. We even received a complimentary bottle of champagne and welcome letter due to celebrating our Anniversary there. We even got to meet and chit chat with the GM as he is walking the grounds. Nice Nice people. Their wedding planner who arranged our Romantic Dinner on the Beach for my Husbands Birthday took as much time and pride in planning our supper. The setup took all day, it took as long as the wedding setup the day before....like WOW it was just supper on the beach people BUT truly was amazing. A Huge "Hats Off" to the Melia staff!

FOOD: The food was really, really good and the a'la cartes were excellent with excellent service. They even did the fancy coffee show for us. My husband is a steak snob due to the fact we have the best beef in the world here in Saskatchewan and he said it was incredible and could literally cut with a fork but does say the filet cut is the better way to go in Mexico versus the other cuts he chooses at home. We were treated like Kings and Queens at all a'la cartes.
I was really impressed with breakfast at the buffet which had many options to please all and great service. Some people were a bit annoyed with a couple birds but I love being outside and eating and it doesn't bother me and they have some eco friendly misting outlets to get the birds to go away.

Bar staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. They even made REAL drinks - like Cosmopolitans, special martinis, mojitos, you name it. AND - they never acted like they expected a tip or gave better service for it. I mean, I tip pretty frequently but sometimes I would almost have to chase them down for a tip - they weren't waiting with their hands out. Wine at most resorts in Cabo or Cabo anywhere is not great....not sure why. A friend of mine and I two years ago had a NON all inclusive and we are wine drinkers and we purchased many wines before finding any good ones...wish I remembered the names. Last year my Regina friend who was at this resort at the same time brought some duty free wine over and shared with me. Think I will do that this year.

The view is absolutely stunning, you can see the ocen, the gardens, beach and the Palms which I love.

Beach: a little rocky at the start then very smooth. NOTE: THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY RESORTS in Cabo that YOU CAN SWIM IN THE OCEAN....calm water in a bay like area. Beach is beautiful and you can walk for hours on it if you choose.

This resort is inbetween Los Cabos and SanJose Del Cabo...closer to San Jose del Cabo where you fly into to. We were 100% ok with this as we needed a very relaxing holiday and was actually fine to hang at the resort and explore the area and just go to San Jose Del Cabo to explore. We have been to Los Cabos a few times. If you are wanting to party it up at the bars in Cabo then I advise you to stay closer to Cabo so that you are not paying a lot in taxis although it is doable.

Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo are fabulous towns. Safe, excellent bars, restaurants. Easy cab service or bus. Melia also has good security - you can't get in without showing your bracelet on your way home from the bars.

Activities were plentiful and reasonably priced. $70 for ATVing (four hours); $90 for ziplining and rappeling (5 hours), $40 for a 2-hour party boat ride thing. We have done on past trips!

A few tips:
- It can get chilly at night (like maybe 16- 18 degrees celsius?) You definitely need pants and sweaters at night.
- you can negotiate cab prices on your way home from Cabo.
- definitely worth it to eat off the resort around the marina at least once. Excellent restaurants there.

Overall, its probably a 4 1/2 star hotel -because some people think it needs to be HUGE and glamorous But it has it ALL and definitely an excellent resort!! and would definitely recommend to my Mother and or Best friend. It does please all ages except for travel to bars in Cabo if you are into that every night or being at the Marina daily could get costly.

Ask for Mario with Guest Relations and he will be sure you have a great visit at the Melia Cabo Real.

I would go back to the hotel in a heartbeat and welcome any questions!
Enjoy your stay at the Melia Cabo Real!
see pics:

Room Tip: Request to move if you are not happy...don't just wine about it to other guests. Mario and the s...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear user, DivineLife

Thank you, we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media and that you have pointed them out with such a detail, and most important that you allowed us to be your host.

We are trilled with the fact that we where able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at Melia Cabo Real.It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great experience

We are at your service for any future requirements as we expect you back at the hotel and trust to have the opportunity to overcome your expectations with the passion for service that is characteristic of the Melia Hotels.

Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We just returned from a week at the all inclusive Hotel Melia Cabo Real. It was an overall great experience, reading other comments I have to agree that the rooms were not ready at 3 it was more like 4 but we were sent for lunch which made the time go by a bit faster. We were given an upgrade of our room without asking. We found the front desk staff and all personnel very friendly. Internet connection was a hit and miss but staff was more than eager to rectify the problem. Hotel is clean and well kept, the food was the best we had by far from all previous all inclusive trip to various areas in Mexico. The faucet in our room was not functioning well and a lot of water is wasted. Something they can really look into as they do experience water shortages from time to time. My only real complain if you can call it that was that house keeping was done very late in the day. Our room was never cleaned before at least four in the afternoon which was a bit of a irritation as by then you had enough of the beach and swimming pool and just want to relax in your room. I would gladly return to this hotel and recommend it to other travelers. I usually find something to complain about as my husband points out regularly but I was a great all inclusive holiday at this resort. It is definitely worth four stars!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear user, ldewet

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great experience. Also we are trilled with the fact that we were able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at Melia Cabo Real and that you able to experience our services .

Also your comments in regards to our housekeeping have already been transmitted.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our rooms weren't that nice - overlooking scrubs and a highway. Our rooms were not ready and missing towels, toilet paper - basically everything. The staff was a bit slow during check-in and although we were supposed to be allowed check-in at 3, none of the rooms were ready until 4. The resort itself is pretty nice though - the pool, the beach, and the food was pretty good overall as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear user Travelsalot1984

First of all Thank you for trusting us and for your insights that helps us improve our services day after day we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

On the other had we truly lament that your stay did not turn out as you hoped it would due to some of our services. If you send a e mail to mexperience@meliacaboreal with more details regarding your experience we will appreciate it.

I am at your service for any future requirements as we expect you back at the hotel and trust to have the opportunity to overcome your expectations with the passion for service that is characteristic of the Melia Hotels .

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We just arrived back from a wonderful vacation at the Melia on November 4th. In reading the reviews prior to booking our trip, I was VERY sceptical. However, the Melia was FANTASTIC!! Upon arriving, they saw that we had a 2 yr old and, without asking, they changed our room to a ground level room close to the kiddie pool in building 3. So grateful for that!! They were also promptly in our room putting mattress toppers on the beds as I had requested them when I booked our trip.

The first evening we were there, they were doing the baby sea turtle release (apparently, they have the authority for this). That was pretty neat! They had a bunch of baby sea turtles and took a lot of people down to the beach and everyone got to release their own baby sea turtle to the ocean.

So, some of the issues people ‘seemed’ to have with the resort:

Rooms: the beds are not that bad. I actually found them quite comfortable with the mattress topper. The pillows were really nice-I did need an extra blanket as it cooled off a fair bit at night. We did not have issues with noise from the pool as the patio doors were enough to quiet any noise in the afternoon so nap time was no issue.

Food: we mostly ate at the Palapa, the buffet, as we had a 2 year old. Breakfast and lunch were pretty standard every day. If we ever needed anything that wasn’t there, we just asked the head chef or the ‘Captain’ and they were always accommodating. The evening ‘theme’ dinners were really good. They were different every night. My two favourites were the Brazilian BBQ and the Oriental dinners. In the daytime, there is a snack bar that is open and they have hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza (surprisingly, really good), nachos, chicken nuggets and some other dishes. We usually ended up there with our little boy as he seemed to prefer that to the buffet. The only A La Carte dinner we did was the Japanese and it was fabulous.

We had Angelica come and stay with our son one evening so we could go to dinner. She is the lady that does the children’s program and is amazing with the children! The have a great setup for the kids during the day if you want to drop them off for a while in the morning or afternoon and many evenings they had something for the children as well.

Beach: There is a rock reef at the beach so that you can actually go in the ocean which was very nice. Also, in the morning only, there is a little tide pool that was perfect for our 2 year old to play in without worrying about the waves.

Staff: nothing short of fabulous! The staff at the resort was great. Things were always kept in very good order and very clean and were quick to accommodate any requests we had.
If I had to think of something that could be improved, it would be the wildlife at the buffet. It is an open to the outside buffet so during the day there would be birds inside but they did a wonderful job of keeping food covered. Also, the playground left something to be desired. We took our little boy there once and that was enough for him-he had more fun at the pool and beach.

The resort is pretty much in the middle of the Cabo San Lucas and San Jose with nothing around but there is a bus stop right out front of the resort. We took the bus to each of the towns and found lots to do.

I would definitely go back and would recommend the Melia for a wonderful family vacation.

Room Tip: Rooms in building 3 are closest to the pool, beach and buffet. Ours was 3108 and in a pefect locatio...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear user, MirandaC

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media and most important that you had pointed them out with such a detail.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great experience helping the new born turtles get into the sea , it is an amazing experience. Also we are trilled with the fact that we were able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at Melia Cabo Real and that you able to experience all our services.

Also your comments in regards to our personnel angelica have already been transmitted.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

What started out as a nightmare was quickly resolved into a great experience. Upon arrival we found our reservations had been mixed up. After speaking with the front desk manager we we're upgraded to a ocean front junior suite. The room had a great view and we appreciate the resolution in the initial booking confusion. The service was excellent and helpful when needed. The breakfast buffet is a good with a nice selection of choices. Poolside cocktails are bartenders are eager to please. I recommend going into town for dinner, or if your going to dine in try the Japanese option. Overall experience was pleasant and was perfect inexpensive weekend get away.

Stayed November 2012
Dear user JB

We regret that at first you had to experience a reservation confusion. Also we are trilled with the fact that we were able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at Melia Cabo Real and that you able to experience all our services including our Restaurant , KUJIRA.

north hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this resort (Nov.10th-16th). My experience was so wonderful that today my 1st day back I decided to write a review. Friendly staff, lovely property and over all a pleasure. I was there for a wedding Chantal the wedding coordinator along with her staff went above and beyond to make everything as seamless as possible. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Transportation San Lucas and/or the Airport can be quite pricey. $25 for 2 people by taxi or larger...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear user TinaH

First and before all , thank you for being part of the Melia Experience.

Your insights will helps us improve our services day after day, we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media. It gives us great pleasure to know that overall you had a good experience .

Also your comments in regards to Chantal have already been transmitted.

@ mexperience@meliacaboreal.com

Been to Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!