“Had a fantastic time! Great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort

You added Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Transpeninsular Km 19.5 | Sector 5, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Special Offer
15% off for MeliáRewards
Ranked #19 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Indiana
“Had a fantastic time! Great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Gorgeous, well kept grounds done in a xeriscaping style with cacti, yucca, sand, rocks etc. Lovely view from the main deck and buffet over the bay. Beautiful!
Food was good for an AI. Rooms all travertine tile and well done. Did not find a problem with the bed. Nice to have stocked fridge.
Bars served great drinks. Pool was a little chilly. We did walk on the beach but did not swim. It's quite a ways down from the main deck action and not a lot of palapas or chairs
Not a crazy resort with a lot of activities, so it was quiet and not too rowdy. Pool tables, salsa lessons, volleyball, shows. etc.
Took the bus to town (Cabo San Lucas.... but can also go to another in a short time as well) that picked us up across the road from the resort for 20 pesos ($2) each. We walked around downtown, hit a bar/restaurant to watch NFL and had a blast. I have to search out the name of the place. There were NFL flags hanging outside of it, lots of tvs...and a salsa sampler and veggie sampler platter that was to die for. All that food that stuffed us silly and a bucket of beers +2 cost us $26 usd. The guy who appeared to be the owner was very attentive to everyone's needs and exceedingly gracious.
Also took a glass bottom boat tour out to Los Arcos for $10 usd per person. We said that was probably the best $10 we ever spent.
All this was a 15 minute ride from the resort.
Paid extra for ocean view, but was a crappy view out over some land that was being developed and not very attractive. We were on the right hand side of the hotel as you faced the front.
The staff was fantastic, with the exception of a little sloppiness at the front desk (they made us wait several hours and did not give us info on the restaurants an amenities until we saw someone else with them and asked).
Ressies required for a la cartes restaurants, which we did not do based on our short stay.
We will definitely return! Had a great time!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear user PTZHKWorld

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a great experience . Also we are trilled with the fact that we were able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at Melia Cabo Real and that you able to experience all our services.

Also your comments in regards to our front desk personnel will be taken in considerations.

Thank you .

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Just returned from our 4th vacation at the Melia. As always, this was a thoroughly enjoyable vacation. When we arrived at the Melia, we were greeted as old friends, from the gentlemen with the straw hats at the entrance, to the young man at the desk who remembered us because of my husband's Marine Corp. tattoo, to Jorge the Maitre'd at La Terraza, to Mario at El Kujira and to a very special Jesus Villa server at La Palappa who has become an old friend. I told Jesus, I will take him home with us, he carries my food tray, holds the chair out for me and shows every courtesy one could ask for. A special thanks to Mario for his graciousness in the amenities he provided us with. Some people complain no matter where they are, but I find the beds comfortable, room clean, the food great and the drinks delicous. We shall return!!!!!!

Room Tip: Because of knee surgery I suggested a room without having to walk steps. I had room 2109, right nea...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear user NCZee

Thank you for your insights that helps us improve our services day after day we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had another great stay .

I am at your service for any future requirements as we expect you back at the hotel and trust to have the opportunity to overcome your expectations with the passion for service that is characteristic of the Melia Hotels .

West Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

An extremely pleasant place. Good location, good food, good service, the staff are friendly and nice. Two restaurants, one buffet right by the ocean. A medium size resort with 305 rooms, so you always have a poolside lounge. We had three weddings in one week, which was fun to watch. Most weddings are small, 25-70 people. One wedding was 200 people, and that night our buffet was not up to par. Great seafood. Their steaks are too salty. Lots of salads, great vegetables, lots of fruit. Loved the ocean-side buffet with a fab. view. Would like to come back again. I don't recommend this place for singles, there is no nightlife here, or nearby. The place is 7 km out of San Jose Del Cabo (the smaller town), and 19 km from the bigger town of Cabo San Lucas. If you want nightlife, go to Cabo San Lucas. 2 tennis courts on the roof, with open walls. The golf course is $180 per round, or $80 at 2 pm. A bit pricey.

Room Tip: The "Garden View" room is the norm, and it overlooks the 5th hole on the golf course. Its...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear user KathyS

1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Where do I start, ok, I will say this about the outer of the resort its beautiful but the inside not so much. My bed n pillows are hard and uncomfortable. My bathroom had a big bug an it was not clean as it should be. The food is very limited and the food here is not good at all. I've heard that cabo had great seafood and food period but that is not the case n the only seafood I saw was fish an that to was not good. I'm used to eating a lot of fresh salad n veggies an they didn't have that either but they did have hamburgers. They served Mexican food which was not good. I'm truely not a complainer but when you have had great resorts you're always want the next place to top the last. My bday trip was aweful. My stomach hurts and I'm ready to come home so I can get something great to eat. Dessert sucks as well!! Drinks were awesome!!! Just trying to find good points. I'm done but would like to come back but visit another a way better resort. One last thing I love great food, drinks, and desserts.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear user Patti DD

Thank you for trusting us and for your insights that helps us improve our services day after day we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

On the other had we truly lament that your stay did not turn out as you hoped it would due to some of our services . if you send a e mail to mexperience@meliacaboreal with more details regarding this matters we will appreciate it.

Cranbrook, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this AI resort for one week.
Overall we liked the smaller size of this resort. It had great food, drink, & atmosphere. Very clean with polite, outgoing staff. Would definitely recommend this resort! Here are some details...

Rooms: We requested a King but were given 2 doubles. They told us the next day they would have the King room available...and they did - even with an ocean view at no extra charge. Rooms was clean, housekeeping excellent, we were in building 2 which was quiet. One tip: Do not expect an "American" hotel experience - this is Mexico! Your room will have imperfections... (ie: maybe a door will be tight or a tile cracked and the tv's aren't lg flatscreens)

Food: 3 restaurants all with great menu's and prompt service - Japanese, Mexican & Italian. The buffet location is amazing and service is great! The breakfast & lunch are standard but I was impressed with the suppers. We actually chose to eat at the buffet over the restaurants for the BBQ and Seafood nights and it was impressive!

Drinks: STRONG...wow. FAST...wow. QUALITY...wow. The Melia certainly does this well!!

Entertainment: Ouch! The shows were painful...sorry. But there were always things to do - pingpong, soccor, billiards, darts, foosball, cards, etc. Poker night and Bingo night were the best offered. The lounge bar was very cool and we preferred to hang out there. There is also a nice bonfire area to chill at.

Other: Huge bonus of this resort is the amazing beach that goes on forever, the sunsets are great and you can go in the water and swim in front of the resort! You can not do that at too many resorts in Cabo. The bus stop is right in front of the resort so you are only a few minutes and a few dollars from Cabo and from other snorkelling beaches like Santa maria and Chilleno.

Only downside was that there is no free wifi...and to purchase it, it is expensive - $18 a day! Yikes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear user djlbtravel

It gives us great pleasure to know that overall you had a good experience .

Thank you for your insights that helps us improve our services day after day, we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media with such a detail thank you for pointing them out.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a great stay here. We only did a 4 night stay in February 2012, but it was great. I work in the travel industry, so I'm pretty laid back when it comes to traveling. The weather was great. And the a/c in our room was much needed and worked like a champ. We ran it full blast day and night. Everything was clean. We got a great deal on couple massages on the beach and they felt great, like a high priced massage back home. The food was pretty good. Our first night at the buffet was average, but the rest of the meals were A++. I do recommend making reservations early and daily so you.can try all the restaurants. The Japanese place was good, but the othe spots better, so next time we may skip it. Loved the little lobby bar and very cool entertainment. My boyfriend had one night of late night drinking after I hit the hay and the staff took great care of him. Got him to his room safely and helped so much when he thought he lost his phone. Not to worry, it was in the room the whole time, but the staff made a huge effort to help look for the "non-missing" phone. They also told us how to take the bus cheap into downtown. The bus stop is right in front of the hotel, just be careful crossing the highway. I was hoping for more entertainment organized during the day, but I got over it because the pool was awesome. Great place, great staff, highly recommend it! The only thing I wasn't a fan of, was paying for internet and our bath tub. The bath tub was just an odd narrow shape, and if those are your biggest issues on vacation you know you're living right!

• Stayed February 2012
Meliacaboreal, at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear user coloradoGirlyWhirly

Thank you for your insights that helps us improve our services day after day we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media. It gives us great pleasure to know that overall you had a good experience .

On the other had we truly lament that your stay did not turn out as you hoped it would. if you send a e mail to mexperience@meliacaboreal with more details regarding this matters we will appreciate it.

Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We got a good deal to stay here so that frames my perspective. We were there Oct 28 - Nov 4. It was very quiet when we arrived and got busier towards the end.
Staff...Very nice. We always had great service. (We always do in Mexico)
Rooms...Very clean, spacious. Hard beds, like many places in Mexico but still OK. We had a decent view over the courtyard with a tiny Ocean view.
Pool. Very nice, a good temp. The pool bar had good friendly service. There were the usual activities offered around the pool. One big complaint was the lousy music. In the mornings they played some weird Hindu like music?? After that the latin techno pop was cranked up.
Beach...There is a big wide beach here but it is not really that great. There are a few palapas there but it's like sitting in the middle of the desert. There is no service available on the beach. A fairly long staircase gets you down there. The sand is very coarse. Don't bother trying it with bare feet. It gets better where the water comes in. One cool thing here is that it is Turtle hatching season. They must collect eggs and place them in a protected area. (next beach at Hilton). They know exactly when they will hatch so they dig them up and they enlist the guests in releasing the baby turtles into the ocean.
There is a small cove that was very nice for swimming. The waves were much smaller than when we were in this area last. Outside the cove, you need to be a decent swimmer. It's not a rip tide they have here (sideways current) but rather an undertow where the powerful waves withdraw after crashing in the beach. You have to respect that force. This is not a place for kids to swim.
Food. Some decent meals, usually a good selection (not alway's). We had a bug in a salad at one of the Alacarte's. The main thing that drove us crazy was the birds on the breakfast and lunch buffets. Tons of sparrow eating and crapping...especially deserts. They need to surround the restaurant with netting.
They hide the bacon at breakfast. It's there but you have to ask for it. Good omelettes, fresh fruit.
Entertainment and Lobby Bar...Booooring. Virtually nothing happening there. Bar is very stuffy even though it is open to the air. They made an effort on Halloween. The karaoke gave us a few laughs.
This hotel has a time share section (like almost everywhere in Cabo). We were not hounded by Time share salespeople at all, thank goodness.
The location is almost in the middle of the corridor so it take about 20 min to get to San Jose and 30 min to get to Cabo.
We gat a bunch of discount coupons from the hotel (or Sunquest) upon arriving. E.g. $50 off golf...Of course it turned out that none of them were worth anything. The $50 off was only if you pay full green fees ~$300. Nobody pays that so the coupon is useless.
Overall: Friendly, slightly below average food, clean, very quiet at night. I'd come back if I got a great deal but otherwise....I will be somwhere else next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear user Nipper11

It gives us great pleasure to know that overall you had a good experience .

On the other had we truly lament that your stay did not turn out as you hoped it would due to some of our services. if you send a e mail to mexperience@meliacaboreal with more details regarding this matters we will appreciate it.

@ mexperience@meliacaboreal.com

Been to Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!