“Great deal!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort

Save Saved
You added Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort to your Saves list
Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Transpeninsular Km 19.5 | Sector 5, San Jose del Cabo 23410, Mexico   |
Ranked #23 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great deal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed for four days and three nights and had the most relaxing time! The rooms were nice and clean, the pool is huge and the beach is awesome. The service was amazing, especially Jesus Alcala. Plenty of drinks and food to keep you satisfied.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear User. MaliaMAlapai

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media , we will transmit your comments towards Jesus Alcala since he is the one responsible of creating memorable experiences.It gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to fulfill your expectations during your stay at Melia Cabo Real, all of your perceptions with regards to our property helps us to improve and maintain the level of service that distinguishes the Melia Hotels

I am at your service for any future requirements as we expect you back at the hotel and trust to have the opportunity to overcome your expectations with the passion for service that is characteristic of the Melia Hotels

Regards.

Guest Experience Manager

1,898 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The staff here are absolutely wonderful! From the guys working the bars, to the front desk, to the ladies at the spa. The drinks were great & flowed freely. There are enough dining options to keep you satisfied & mix it up...our favorite was the sushi restaurant at night. The pool was beautiful & the "huts" on the beach were great place to fall asleep. We literally did nothing but eat, drink, swim, & sleep and it was amazing! If you are thinking about enjoying something from the spa, do the couples beachside massage.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear User.AlabamaGirl

We are so thrilled to know that our services specially our personnel and the By the Sea Massage center accomplished the main goal of Melia Hotels, which is to make every single guest live the Melia Experience. we appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

Regards.

Guest Experience Manager
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just got back from Cabo where we stayed at Melia Cabo Real. What a great place and the staff is fantastic. Don't know what all you winers are talking about. It's not a 5 star hotel, But was pleased with food ,drinks ect. The staff are so friendly and very hard workers. The place is very clean. They are always out working and keeping the hotel grounds spotless. Eduardo,Monroy and Jesus served up the best drinks at the pool bar and will do anything for you. We got upgraded and got the best ocean view thanks to Erica at the front desk. If you think the beds are a little hard they are more than happy to provide extra foam. We'll be back in the future.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms worth the extra
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear User. Billy F

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media , we will transmit your comments towards the personnel you mention since they are the ones responsible of creating memorable experiences.

El Centenario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A recent 2-day stay at Melia was extremely enjoyable, mostly because of the welcoming staff. Our all-inclusive stay allowed us to relax and enjoy everything - pool, restaurants, bars, beach and general atmosphere. The beds were comfortable (we always bring our own pillows wherever we go). The waiters and concierges eagerly responded to our requests, and even the gardeners, maids, gatekeeper and other workers were quick to offer a smile and a greeting. The spa was absolutely wonderful -- my massage literally the best I've ever had. I'd recommend the Melia to all for a relaxing and refreshing stay.

Dear User.Centenarioivonne

We appreciate that you have given the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media and the most important fact is that you have pointed out your experience in regards to the Melia Cabo Real Staff , It gives us great pleasure to know that we were able to fulfill your expectations in our By the Sea Massage center.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My mother and I recently came back from a 5 days in paradise we stayed in melia cabo real and to be honest we had are doubts for an all-inclusive and also because we saw from other reviews the comments regarding the beds and food quality , so we when ahead and contacted the customer manager in advance, as soon as we got a reply I knew they cared. most people complain about the service , let me tell you , they must of stayed in another property because all the people here work they way out to make you feel like royalty.

Since check in we got greeted by Mario the hotels customer manager. my mother and I loved the breathtaking ocean view from the lobby.

The room was great it had all we needed to survive , super clean and comfortable , the bed tops we requested in advance help much and had no problem with sleeping.

The food OMG it was great my mother could not get away from the mexican station, and please ask for Arnulfo , he is a great asset to your company, you can tell by his smile that he loves his job,

My only complaint that was nothing to do with the hotel is the Taxi service ripoff, we went over to cabo san jose and the cab driver charged me more than I was told 45 usd !!! WOW it was a 15 minute trip , recommendation for you , take the local bus , it is only 2 usd and really safe , just be careful when crossing the highway, we watched a wildcat get ran over not nice.

overall we had an awesome experience we are actuality planning to return with the rest of the family , totally recommended we got much more than expected at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: avoid the taxi service if you can.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear User. CLaudiaO

It gives us great pleasure to know that you had a good time during your stay at Melia Cabo Real, your perceptions with regards to our services will helps us improve and maintain the level of service that distinguishes the Melia Hotels.

We lament that you had to experience an uncomfortable situation whit the foreign taxi service , we will send a report to their administrative office in order to avoid future comments from our guests.

We thank you for your comments and for the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media.

Cochrane, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I went in early March 2012, eager to get away from a typical Calgary winter. Was the resort "perfect?" No. But we weren't expecting that. Yes, the beds were hard. Yes, the pool side service could have been better, but swimming up the to the bar instead of shovelling snow or bearing -35 degree celcius windchills was a compromise we could live with! It was the only resort in that area that was quiet, and offered an ocean front beach we could swim in. Would we go back? Can't wait to book for March 2013...........

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear : User DebM

It also gives us great pleasure to know that you had a good time during your stay at Melia Cabo Real, thank your for your perceptions with regards to our services.

It is good to know that you enjoyed our 35 Celsius instead of your - 35 degrees it is for sure a great difference.

I am at your service for your next vacation in March because we trust to have the opportunity to overcome your expectations with the passion for service that is characteristic of the Melia Hotels

Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed at the Melia over Labor Day weekend. I was very worried about the heat b/c every review said August/September were the worst times. Our experience was that it was hot, but no intolerable. The hardest part was actually the wind, when it would kick up it was pretty fierce.

This was our 9th trip to the Pacific Coast of Mex. We've done AIC's in PV & Mazatlan.

The resort itself was easy to maneuver through. We were told that it was only about 1/3 full. No issues with crowds, long waits for drinks, saving pool chairs, etc. I could see where that would be a point of frustration during the high season.

The food was actually quite bland and unappealing. We expected this going in b/c it was a really low price for an AIC, but frankly it was a bit worse than we expected. We made due by trying to get out of the resort each day and driving up to Cabo or down to San Jose for lunch. For our family we've just decided you get what you pay for from an AIC and we're probably better off having the flexibility of a condo with a kitchen.

Booze
Quick service, strong drinks. We did get a bit over the ultra sweet fruity drinks, but we would then switch beer. I will say that the wine was terrible. Undrinkable. We did a quick trip to Mega and bought a few bottles that we enjoyed in our room for a change of pace.

Rooms
The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had a good view. The beds are hard, but I've always slept on hard beds in Mexico. Best way to combat a hard bed? More tequila. No bugs in the room, which was great. No free wifi, but we knew that going in and happily disconnected for a few days.

Pool
Loved the pool. As I said above, we had no problems finding chairs. We liked that there was plenty of shade. We LOVED the seats that overlooked the beach. Only request is that they'd turn down the music. This seems to be a problem at most Mex resorts that they blast music all day and then yell into the loud speaker when one of the stupid report led activities comes up. Please Y'all - turn it down. Pool was a great size and fun. However, I do think this could become a point of frustration during the high season when there are triple the people there.

Beach
Nope, no swimming. Although a lot of people tried inlcuding my husband. It's not impossible but you definitely need to be careful. It is quite cool to watch the waves breaking over the breakwater. Impressive and a bit scarey. Minimal to no beach selling pressure which is a relief. It is a long trek from the pool, but nice for a change of pace.

Stuff for the Kids
We traveled with our 21 month old daughter and chose the Melia above all other hotels b/c of their toddler club (most kids clubs start at 4 years old). The kids club was kind of a joke and much different than it looked online. It was a small room with a few toys. But the staff did their best to make up for it and were incredibly sweet to our daughter. The care is free but the few times we left her there for an hour we gave the caregiver a decent tip. It was nice to get the breaks from being a Momma for an hour and sit at the pool bar and pretend we were a young hip carefree couple.

The pool was great for the kids. Excellent little toddler area where she could walk and splash with ease. She loved floating in the bigger pool and visitng the waterfall, going under the bridges and then once a day when they turned on the fountain she and I would go play in the "rain". The beach is way too rough to be safe for litle ones but she did dip her toes with her Daddy and spent quite a bit of time digging in the sand.

The restaurants were a challenge for her b/c at least 3 times we asked for a high chair and never received it. The food was bland which was perfect for her. We stopped eating at the restaurants that required reservations b/c the meal is really dragged out and we'd find that our little one was squirming long before our meals came.

The staff there are incredibly nice, friendly and helpful. Lots and lots of smiles. The only issue I had was at the store. I went to buy a bottle of pedialyte which had a tag on it for $2.30. When I went to pay the woman charged me $5.90. When I inquired she responsed that the higher price was the "resort price." I totally understand that the resort is likely going to upcharge me from what I would pay at the store, but I did feel that they shouldn't do that if there is already a price on the item. I ended up paying the extra b/c it was a small amount and we needed it, but I did think it was a bit shady.

What could be improved?
Free wifi would be a nice thing that most hotels are already doing. Also, a drink and wet towel on arrival would be awesome. This is a small thing that I always appreciate as it makes the start of the holiday seem luxurious.

Better kids club with more space would be great and maybe a swing set. Turn down the sound system. Also, b/c the rooms get pretty moist I think a small floor mat by the sliding doors would be good for safety. We all slipped at least once walking in from our deck. Could become a big safety issue...

Conclusion
We won't be back to the Melia on the corridor. We've realized that we really do want good food when we are traveling and are willing to make it a priority. Also, we think we'd like to be closer to one of the towns so we could explore a bit more.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Meliacaboreal, Guest Experience Manager at Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Dear 08MrsH

Fist and before all we thank you for your comments and for the task of dedicating part of your time to share your experiences with other travelers through this media. we appreciate your detail description about our services.

It also gives us great pleasure to know that you had a good time during your stay at Melia Cabo Real, your perceptions with regards to our services will helps us improve and maintain the level of service that distinguishes the Melia Hotels

@ mexperience@meliacaboreal.com

Been to Melia Cabo Real All-Inclusive Beach & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!