This review is unfourtunately 2 years late. I stayed there in June/July 2011 for the first week of my honeymoon. From the second we arrived we were blown away. It is the most breathtaking and beautiful property. It is absolutely gorgeous at night as well. I have never seen more candles and fire in one place. It must take them hours to light everything at night.
We were picked up at the airport by the hotel and from that moment on we were pampered and treated like royalty. We were greeted at the front of the hotel by the head of special events (Beatriz Majia). She surprised us and told us that as a gift my parents had surprised us with dinner on the beach during our stay. She escorted us to our romm and sat down with us to select the menu. She is the nicest women and clearly loves her job. She and my wife sat for 15 minutes discussing our wedding. My wife shared pictures and Beatriz was very interested.
After the butler unpacked us and we were settled we hearded to the adult pool. Within 5 minutes of beiung there one of the pool attendants was passing a treat as they do a many times a day. He gave one to my wife and I said I would like one too. He said sir you cant have this becuase it has egg in it (I am alergict to eggs and poultry.) I said how did you know that I couldnt eat eggs. He said everyone knows. My wife and I were shocked as we certanly did not tell anyone and I never tell anyone when I travel. We later found out that my mother had told Beatriz for the beach dinner but the hotel took it amongst themselves to alert everyone at the entire property. Then later in the trip we were at a restaurant in town and we checked in and they said dont worry the hotel alerted us to your allergies. How kind. Unbelievable.
Anyway, back to the hotel. Our room was gorgeous-we were upgraded to a room with a private pool on the ocean which was incredible.
The service was top notch. My wife fell asleep at the pool one day. She was chilly and pulled a towel over her. All of a sudden a pool attendant ran over and replaced the towel with a very comfortable blanket.
The food on proerty is evcellent everywhere and the spa was amaizing. We loved every minute of being at this resort and wish we stayed another week instead of going to Bora Bora which we did not like.
The night we did the dinner on the beach which was increddible, we went back to our room and to our surprise there there was a bath drawn, rose petals EVERYWHERE. The bed was decorated, our wedding song was playing on the stero, and there was a replica of our wedding cake made. THIS WAS ALL BEATRIZ. SHe is the nicest, sweetest, caring person. She clearly loves her job and loves people.
We sent my inlaws there a few months ago and they loved there stay and Beatriz did the dinner on the beach for them per our reccomendation and they loved it.
We cant wait to go back to this paradise!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Palmilla Cabo
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo