“MOST AMAIZING HOTEL EVER-YOU MUST GO THERE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of One & Only Palmilla Resort

You added One & Only Palmilla Resort to your Saves list
One & Only Palmilla Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Km 7.5 Carr. Transpeninsular, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Special Offer
Stay 4 Pay 3
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“MOST AMAIZING HOTEL EVER-YOU MUST GO THERE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This review is unfourtunately 2 years late. I stayed there in June/July 2011 for the first week of my honeymoon. From the second we arrived we were blown away. It is the most breathtaking and beautiful property. It is absolutely gorgeous at night as well. I have never seen more candles and fire in one place. It must take them hours to light everything at night.

We were picked up at the airport by the hotel and from that moment on we were pampered and treated like royalty. We were greeted at the front of the hotel by the head of special events (Beatriz Majia). She surprised us and told us that as a gift my parents had surprised us with dinner on the beach during our stay. She escorted us to our romm and sat down with us to select the menu. She is the nicest women and clearly loves her job. She and my wife sat for 15 minutes discussing our wedding. My wife shared pictures and Beatriz was very interested.

After the butler unpacked us and we were settled we hearded to the adult pool. Within 5 minutes of beiung there one of the pool attendants was passing a treat as they do a many times a day. He gave one to my wife and I said I would like one too. He said sir you cant have this becuase it has egg in it (I am alergict to eggs and poultry.) I said how did you know that I couldnt eat eggs. He said everyone knows. My wife and I were shocked as we certanly did not tell anyone and I never tell anyone when I travel. We later found out that my mother had told Beatriz for the beach dinner but the hotel took it amongst themselves to alert everyone at the entire property. Then later in the trip we were at a restaurant in town and we checked in and they said dont worry the hotel alerted us to your allergies. How kind. Unbelievable.

Anyway, back to the hotel. Our room was gorgeous-we were upgraded to a room with a private pool on the ocean which was incredible.

The service was top notch. My wife fell asleep at the pool one day. She was chilly and pulled a towel over her. All of a sudden a pool attendant ran over and replaced the towel with a very comfortable blanket.

The food on proerty is evcellent everywhere and the spa was amaizing. We loved every minute of being at this resort and wish we stayed another week instead of going to Bora Bora which we did not like.

The night we did the dinner on the beach which was increddible, we went back to our room and to our surprise there there was a bath drawn, rose petals EVERYWHERE. The bed was decorated, our wedding song was playing on the stero, and there was a replica of our wedding cake made. THIS WAS ALL BEATRIZ. SHe is the nicest, sweetest, caring person. She clearly loves her job and loves people.

We sent my inlaws there a few months ago and they loved there stay and Beatriz did the dinner on the beach for them per our reccomendation and they loved it.

We cant wait to go back to this paradise!!

Room Tip: Splurge for a room with the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
OOPalmilla, General Manager at One & Only Palmilla Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

As they say, better late than never! Thank you for taking a moment to think of us and share your kind words about your honeymoon stay. We’re glad such a once-in-a-lifetime trip could be so unforgettable.

We pride ourselves on creating personalized events—like an intimate moonlit dinner on the beach—and our staff of more than 800 employees is at your service to make sure your every need is attended to. It sounds like you have very thoughtful in-laws who arranged for such a special dinner, and I’m happy to know that you enjoyed our romantic transformation your room.

Creating exceptional moments begins with knowing your guests, and that’s something we’ve built our reputation on. With each return visit, we’ll build a more complete picture of your perfect vacation. That’s why we’d love to welcome you back soon. You can plan a whale-watching excursion, indulge in a spa treatment, or just lounge poolside reliving the fun of your honeymoon! We’d be happy to help you plan your next dream-come-true vacation, so please get in touch if we can be of service.

Sebastien Arnaud
General Manager, Food&Beverage
One&Only Palmilla

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Minnetonka, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

i have been to several 5 star resorts and this one goes in the top 5 for service. also the hotel itself is just beautiful and well located. feels very private. the views are gorgeous and watching the whales are outstanding! i read so many reviews on the service here and you can't understand it until you experience it. everything from the way you are warmly greeted to even departing and when they put our luggage in the cab and 6 or 7 of the employees wave you off as your cab leaves the property. they do whatever you need to make your visit special. the rooms are very nice, upscale mexican furnishings which i like vs a standard hotel feel. the restaurants are outstanding. we also dined at Las Ventanas which was a nice diversion one evening. stay here - yes its spendy - but worth EVERY dollar. And be sure to get a spa service. beautiful spa!

Room Tip: go up a level or 2 from the standard room. you will get a quieter area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
OOPalmilla, Manager at One & Only Palmilla Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

On behalf of everyone here at One&Only Palmilla, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. There’s no better or more inspiring reward than hearing from a satisfied guest after a great visit. An experienced traveler such as yourself certainly knows what to look for in a vacation destination, and I can only hope that you felt at home here in Los Cabos.

It sounds like you traveled at the right time, during the annual whale migration. As I’m sure you found, words cannot describe the beauty of witnessing the world’s largest mammals moving in concert just offshore. It’s truly a one-of-a-kind experience, and one that we recommend to every guest during their time with us. Of course, we aim to create unique experiences at every turn, and that’s why we place a premium on world-class service. From arrival to departure, we make sure our guests’ every need and desire is taken care of in a prompt and friendly manner. Your vacation at One&Only Palmilla really is all about you; so dream big, and our 800+ member staff will work to make your dreams come true.

We hope to see you again soon so you can make even more memories here in paradise.

Antonio Bugarin
Hotel Manager, Rooms Division
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

We celebrated our anniversary at the resort and started the vacation with our room not ready until 40 minutes after check in time. Throughout our stay, we noticed the housekeeping is either running late to clean the room or have not cleaned the room. We mostly stayed out of our room all day and when we returned in the afternoon, the room is either in the process of being cleaned or have not been cleaned. However, our turndown service was great, even had flower arrangements on the bed two nights. The best restaurant in the resort is Agua for daily meals. I highly recommend booking one of the moonlight tables for a romantic dinner. We ate at Market three times. Market's tasting menu was delicious but the ginger meringue dish was horrid. It was too much raw ginger that made the dish too spicy. We also tried the Ceviche restaurant and ordered their omakase menu. The last dish prior to dessert was an awful tempura vegetable dish. We didn't expect to be taken back to a chain restaurant but it looks like the kitchen ran out of ideas to serve. One & Only is a fantastic resort and I see how the resort was noteworthy among travel critics. However, when the restaurants are busy during peak meal hours, the service and quality of the meals greatly diminishes. This same observation goes to the main pools and the attendants were scarce. The Spa was a delight and was one of the best massage I have had. The grounds were beautiful and didn't feel crowded. Most of the time, we can get lounge chairs anywhere at the pool. During our stay, the adult pool was busier than the family pool. Walk around the beach; there are many dramatic landscape, rock formations, and secluded. Try the tequilla tastings; it was informative and fun. Overall, the resort is above average with some kinks to work out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OOPalmilla, General Manager at One & Only Palmilla Resort, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We know how important perfection is when you’re traveling for a special occasion like an anniversary. I would like to personally apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your time with us. These lapses aren’t typical of One&Only Palmilla, and it’s unfortunate that they negatively colored your impression of the resort. I can reassure you that we are well equipped to handle larger crowds and busier periods, and we make it a priority to maintain the same level of service regardless of busyness. I can promise you that your next experience will be more in line with our high standards. And I hope there is a next time, because at the end of the day, it sounds like you had an overwhelmingly positive visit.

You mentioned a number of wonderful aspects of your visit, including nightly turndown service, dinner at Agua and Market, and massages at the spa. The great thing about a first visit is that you’re really just scratching the surface of the offerings at One&Only Palmilla. Every future visit will feel a little more like home, with personalized touches everywhere you look. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do at this time, or if I can help plan a return trip. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Glenbrook, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

When you start with a 5 star it's hard to find fault. I don't think anyone would be disappointed in a stay here. The staff is attentive and well trained. The Market Resturant may be the best meal we've ever had in Cabo. But to draw some distinctions, I think the swimable beach makes this better for kids than Las Ventanas. But for a couple, I'd chose Las Ventanas do to service. pamillia has responsive service, Ventanas tries to predict your needs. Only true complaint about Pamillia was the pool had drink cups from the night before one morning. At this type of place, just shouldn't happen.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. Honest feedback like yours is integral to our improvement process. We’re honored to be considered “one of the best,” and we’ll work every single day to deserve that distinction.

You’re absolutely right about Pelican Beach; One&Only is the only luxury resort with a swimmable beach in Los Cabos. Though the coastline can be rocky, we’re lucky to have a special stretch here on property that you won’t find anywhere else. In addition to being a great place to play and swim, our beaches also serve as venues for intimate dinners and other private events. In fact, our new Vista Point Cabana gives guests a chance to dine on the beach with up to 16 people.

We take great care to ensure all of our guests feel like royalty, and our friendly staff is committed to making all of your dreams reality. When you’re a guest at One&Only, you’re right to expect service that’s not only responsive but also proactive. It’s a quality that we work hard to achieve, and one I hope that you experience more frequently in the future. We’d love the chance to change your mind, so if there’s anything I can do to help plan a return visit, please let me know.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The One & Only Palmilla truly is as good as hospitality possibly gets. This hotel and its amazing staff know what you need before you even know that you need it. They have thought of everything - from the incredible turndown service (they actually change the bedsheets each day) to even the most thoughtful of details, such as providing you with thread colors (with a sewing kit) to precisely match the clothes hanging in the closet. Our butler was the most attentive and kind person, checking in to ensure my husband and I had everything we could possibly need, as well as providing us daily with fresh fruit and cocktail snacks. The grounds are lush and beautiful, including the gorgeous spa and phenomenal pool area. The pool attendants bring you pillows for your legs and neck, constantly making sure you are as comfortable as possible. (There is even a woman walking around offering to clean your sunglasses.) As I mentioned above, the One & Only Palmilla has thought of EVERYTHING and they do it with the utmost class and sophistication. I could go on and on about how wonderful this resort and its staff are, but trust me, everyone should experience it for themselves. Yes, it is expensive, but it is worth EVERY PENNY.

Dear Valued Guests,

The title, “Heaven on Earth,” says it all. We’re flattered and inspired by your kind words, and will work to ensure your next visit is even better. We believe that a truly memorable vacation is the product of many little details. That’s why our staff is so committed to being the very best at what they do, and why guests are provided with every little luxury under the sun.

With our 24-hour butler service, guests are never without the world at their fingertips. This sort of personalized and genuine attention is unique to One&Only Palmilla. In addition to the service, we’re so glad you enjoyed the scenery during your stay. A natural oasis of abundant palm trees is complemented by numerous lush gardens spread across 55 acres. There’s nothing quite like waking up and stepping out onto your private balcony with all of its stunning views.

We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your husband again soon. There’s always something new to experience here in paradise, and we’d love nothing more than to be your guide.

Mexico City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Let me start off by saying service is Out of this world. It's fantastic to experience such an amazing hotel in my own country. Makes me feel really proud.

From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by our personal butler, Mauricio. He offered us
fruit popsicles and led us to our beautiful beachfront suites. 4 glasses of cold milk and cookies along with complimentary caps for our children were waiting. Tequila for us :)

We had the opportunity to rent the hotel's private yacht located at the Marina. Loved it! The captain and Joanna, crew members, are remarkable.. They make you feel at home, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch along with our family.

Spa/Gym is incredible. Wonderful facilities, terrific equipment and the utmost professional staff. Sugey gave me one of the best deep tissue massages I've ever had. Really.

The only downside is the food prices.

If you can afford it, don't even doubt it. It's truly the one and only.

Room Tip: Ask for a beachfront suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for all your kind words. It’s with impeccable service and exceptional amenities that we’re able to create one-of-a-kind experiences for our guests. By providing a variety of signature experiences like spa treatments, mezcal seminars with our wine director, or cooking demonstrations in the herb garden, our guests are able to tailor their vacation to suit their interests.
A trip out on our private yacht is truly the height of luxury and a can’t-miss during your stay. Once you were back on dry land, we hope you enjoyed some pool time and a foot massage. Additionally, we recognize that food costs are a consideration for guests, but we believe we provide the highest quality dining experiences with Dining Under the Stars and the only Michelin-starred chef at a Mexican resort. We trust you were able to enjoy some of our exquisite dining options during your stay.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back for another unforgettable vacation. Please do not hesitate to contact us for assistance planning your next getaway.

Sebastien Arnaud
General Manager, Food&Beverage
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Having worked for one of the largest and best known vacation resorts since the 80's,i reach for the utmost in perfection whenever I myself travel, for my pleasure! And,no words can describe how perfect my vacation was at The One And Only Pamilla!!
From the moment our driver greeted us at the airport, after our long journey to Paradise,we immediately felt as though we were VIP's for the rest of our trip! I know that the first and last impressions, and that they certainly color ones' entire holiday "experience". And with that said, from that moment on, during our vacation "experience", it felt like magic and sheer perfection, something that I had always wished for, but never found or "experienced" in one perfect package! The perfect ingredients, and within the many subtle but noteworthy gestures from the staff, that made every moment feel like we had not a worry in the world. We had finally entered a secret garden as we drove through the magical long and winding driveway, surrounding us with giant tropical palm trees, filled with colorful and manicured flower gardens.The welcoming staff offering us gourmet frosty treats on a silver tray, making us forget about the outside world, and inviting us into the land of a "One And Only" Paradise!! We were then wisked to our beautiful room,and introduced to our amazing butler, Lorenzo. From the beginning, he made sure he knew every special need we had, and made sure we wouldn't have to think about earthly details, for each and every moment of our stay. He made sure every special wish we had was granted, and surprised us with a candle lit bath as we entered our room, after one of our many beautiful anniversary dinners, at Pamilla! The entire staff at the beautiful Aqua Restaurant was fantastic. We experienced Agua's beautiful daily breakfasts, at our table by the sea, to start off our day, and both evenings that we dined there, we enjoyed their amazing cuisine with fantastic service by their engaging staff, who made us feel like we were very special!!! Thank You for arranging our half moon table!!! It was brilliant, especially watching the fireworks, that every woman thought were just for her!!!! The Agua Bar was beautiful and the staff was attentive while serving us our beautiful Margarita's, while being entertained by fabulous live music! We also dined at Market Restaurant 5 times during our stay. As proud "foodies", I am delighted to say, that it was always a gourmet experience, that we will never forget! The consistency of the beautifully prepared dishes, and the service that was just impeccable, with the professionalism you would expect from a Jean George Restaurant, anywhere in the world! I have been to many, but this was the best! I have never seen a team work so well together in such a professional way, to create the true Jean George "Experience"!!! A real gift!!! They even knew which wine I ordered "Pedroncelli" Cabernet...try it...it is just spectacular! The pool staff was amazing at both the Adult pool and the Family Pool, and they were there for our every need, with all of the special surprises that pampered us, that no other resort has even offered! The always beautiful, and gracious Boutique staff was wonderful. Thank you Georgina for always saying, Hello Sally, and taking the time to talk with me, and for managing such a professional team! The Spa was a true oasis! After my arrival, I enjoyed the beautiful outdoor hot and cold plunge pools, steam room, and luxurious spa showers, and immediately booked myself in for an impromptu massage. Thank You to the entire staff, and to Gabby, who became my personal massage therapist, and worked her magic each time, to make me feel brand new,so that I could enjoy every moment, while at Pamilla!! In the evenings magically the entire resort would be lit with giant candelabras, torches, and even the sea was backlit with giant lights to create the ongoing magic. It was a true sensory experience with hidden insence burning deliously in the pathways, and of course that beautiful scent of Agave in the rooms that I will never forget!! After dinners I would sit in the outdoor hot tub and look at the stars, and then head to the fire pit to say goodbye to the day. After 7 perfect days, I unfortunately had one complaint, it was time to say goodbye! But, the always gracious reception team made my departure effortless upon my departure, from my Pamilla Paradise. But, it never ends...After our charming chauffer escorted us to the airport, there were 2 amazing representatives waiting for us to make sure we had an effortless check in experience at the airport! Now, that is VIP service from beginning to end!! Everyday, I found myself thanking the staff members for their graciousness and never ending kindness. I have never felt so at home, welcomed, and so pampered in my life, in such a beautiful resort! And last but not least, Thank You to the resort manager, Mr. Bowling, for creating such an amazing team of professionals, who work together so well, to create this winning formula, and genuinely love their jobs! I look forward to my next visit, and will tell everyone I know that they must "Experience" The One And Only Pamilla, at least once in their lives, if not once or twice or more a year!!

Hand Over Heart,
Sally and Rick #2122

Room Tip: The Beachfront Jr. Suite with Terrace was amazing!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OOPalmilla, Manager at One & Only Palmilla Resort, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guests,

What an absolute delight to read about your recent stay at One&Only Palmilla. I can’t tell you how inspiring and satisfying it is to hear from a guest who’s still glowing from a magnificent vacation in paradise. If it’s perfection that you seek, you certainly chose the right resort; from top to bottom, check-in to checkout, we’re 100% committed to creating memorable experiences for our guests. From the sound of it, you took full advantage of your time, and though seven days wasn’t quite enough, I can assure you that it gets even better with each subsequent visit.

We pay careful attention to detail, as you found strolling the grounds in the evening among the torches and candelabra. Our beachfront property sits on 55 lush acres, with some of the most gorgeous landscaping in all of Mexico. Of course, a lovely property is only as good as its service, and that’s why we go above and beyond every minute of every day. When you stay at One&Only Palmilla, you have 800 employees at your service, but it’s the personal connections that make all the difference. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Lorenzo, Georgina, and Gabby.

We look forward to hosting you again soon and raising the bar even higher. What lies ahead is entirely up to you. Perhaps a cooking demonstration with our master chefs and ingredients from our herb garden? Or maybe spectacular whale watching as the gray whales migrate just offshore? The possibilities are endless.

One&Only Palmilla

Been to One & Only Palmilla Resort? Share your experiences!