First off I would like to say I have wanted to come here for almost 10 years......I finally took some time off and booked a reservation for a week stay in MAy. Booking experience was great and very helpful. I was very weary about renting a car and driving but I did it anyways since i did not want to pay for an airport transfer. When i drove into the resort i took the long road in through the local areas which took almost 45 minutes......there is a highway however directly from the airport that loops around down to the resort areas. Very safe and a straight shot, the toll is about $1.50 and accepts US dollars.
When i got to the resort I was greeted by a butler and the front desk agent on duty and I felt very welcome. No registration, they take you straight to your room which is a great touch. The little added touches through the beautiful and romantic grounds add so much value to the experience (i.e: you can choose a different fragrance each evening, along with a snack, and fruit during the day). The rooms are gorgeous and well appointed. Showers are huge and AMAZING bath products. Our terrace overlooked the beautiful ocean and had a table setup and also a large round couch to lay on.
The beach is beautfiul but is rocky in some areas and waves can get big, i am fine with this as I am from Miami and have lived there all my life but for tourists not used to large waves and undertow should use caution. The beach service was amazing, they attended to you every desire. Drinks around the resort were made perfectly. The beach is much quieter and have beautiful large beds along with loungers in the sun. The pool is just as nice, overlooks the ocean and has a swim up bar. Again perfect service, they keep water stocked and keep the drinks coming......they als offer complimentary mini massages to everyone lounging around the pool.
I ate at Suviche (the Asian restaurant) the first night, i was alone as my friend forgot her passport.....but it was nice and relaxing, food was beyond excellent....such great flavors, great sushi as well. The next night me and my friend ate at Market which was great (great meat selections and sides), and then Agua on our last night where we enjoyed great Mexican/Latin flavors.
Finall the spa......I was so anticipating the best spa experience of my life, which is what i got. I have tried almost every spa in Miami with no luck......At the Palmilla spa i felt so relaxed, i got a 2 hour massage and exfoliation (the unwind), my masseuse was very attentive to what i wanted.....and kept me relaxed the whole time. After my massage i used the mens area of the spa which was quiet, i used the outdoor jacuzzi which makes you feel like you are in the foliage in a hot spring.....then showered off in the large showers which was great. I truly had a great experience
Tips are not mandatory but i believe the service of everyone are well worth it and i appreciated everyone. The only reason I didnt give sleep quality an excellent was because two mornings in a row there was what sounded like a "saw" right outside my room at 5:30am, the first morning i just thought i was crazy and went back to sleep, but the second morning i couldnt go back to sleep as it wouldnt stop. I called registration and they said they would send security, it stopped shortly after. Not sure what this was but it was so annoying. My friend thought i was crazy but i know what i heard. lol Other than that the beds feel like heaven.
I will definitely return!!
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel
- One And Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- One Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla
- Palmilla Cabo
- One & Only Palmilla
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.