This is the best place we've stayed over Christmas and New Years by far. (others include Carlisle Bay, Caneel Bay, Tides Zihuatenajo, Paraiso Bonita, etc)
Setting/location---beautiful on the Sea of Cortez with AMAZING landscaping----gorgeous plants everywhere, very lush. We've eaten at Las Ventanas and it is a much more austere vibe. There is one swimming beach---the others are walking beaches. Whales can be spotted from the pools/beach almost every day in Dec---always exciting. There are 2 pools-adult and kids pools---and both are lovely and the pool guys are great. They come and clean sunglasses, offer foot massage, yogurt snacks, chocolate popsicles, cold water---the works. Minimal steps, which is good for us---but I do wish they'd add a rail to the steps for Market.....dangerous!
Rooms----very spacious, overlooking the sea or pools, nicely appointed
Food---great---we loved both Agua and Market and Suviche is a nice change of pace
HOLIDAY festivities---2 managers cocktail parties this year which were both fun---1 with horses! Santa arrives by boat on Christmas, and GREAT NEW YEARS party fireworks!
SERVICE---beyond fabulous. 2 stories---we were here last year and my husband had to go to hospital in middle of night. Rodrigo from the hotel offered to come with me and he stayed with me all night while we waited. My husband was released in the morning and Rodrigo arranged our return to resort---I really don't know what I would have done without him. HE OFFERED---I Didn't ask---he was a lifesaver. (My husband is fine)
I went to the spa this year---which is fabulous and I thought I had a massage that evening. They kept checking and since I am here with 7 other family members, I thought there was just a name mix up. I got my massage and when I returned to the room, I realized I CAME ON THE WRONG DAY! And they still took care of me! I went back and apologized and asked why they didn't just tell me, and they said they wanted me to have a good experience so they found someone available! Where else would that happen? All the staff is EXTRAORDINARY and that is one of the things that makes this place so special.
Weather---for us, we like this weather--if you want hot hot hot, this may not be your place---it's been in the 70s most of the week, the evenings cool down to the 60s---some days it only gets to low 70s, but that works for us.
Would love if they added some more rails by the stairs...and a few complained that the mattress was too hard or lumpy, maybe new mattress pads? (it was fine for me!) Love the aromatherapy choices at night!
Can't recommend this place enough---it is fabulous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Palmilla Cabo
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo