we had five nights of complete bliss at the palmilla and it wasnt near enough. if you need/want a pampered vaca this is the place for you. you'll leave feeling happy and refreshed without needing to leave the resort.
arrive and be greeted by a host of beautifully costumed (indigenous) employees who will guide you to a covered area and hand you a margarita. at this time you're introduced to your personal butler who will attend to your every need during your stay. he/she will escort you to your little slice of paradise. enjoy your welcome tequilla with freshly sliced limes, and take in the view from your beautiful patio overlooking the sea of cortez.
During the day:
explore the beautiful grounds. we found the family pool to very relaxing even though we are middle aged and don't mind children, there was not one in sight. employees walk around offering you cool towels, cold water and a refreshing spritzer for your face.did i mention the rolled towels for your head and feet? and always being offered fresh ones. i fell asleep one day at the pool on a cloudy day and woke up with a soft blanket covering me! really? wow. ok. having a pina colada and a snack poolside will make you realize soon just how good this is going to be. try to spend one day on the beach in a striped cabana.
i had the signature 90 minute massage, it was wonderful. arrive 30 min or more earlier to enjoy the relaxing plunge pool, the sights and sounds. and ohhhhhhh the wonderful aromatherapy. you'll most likely just float back to your room.
breakfast at agua in the morning was always a treat, although room service on your balcony couldnt be more relaxing. the food was delicious, and every kind of fresh squeezed juice. we stayed with local fare and couldnt have been happier. dinners at "C" were fabulous and preferred over sushi restaurant. the prices are on the high side, but come on, youre at the OOpalmilla, are you going to stay here and skimp on food?
Turn down service:
evening truffles, your choice of aromatherapy in a burner with a votive,your nightly snack and spa like music is what you return to. the fresh fruit of your choice will also be delivered and placed on your coffee table. just a suggestion: work out your turndown service with your butler ahead of time. a couple of times we walked in on them and the other way around. a quick word with our butler took care of it. also, for privacy, make sure the little button by the door is turned on while in your room.
yes, they will arrange this or anything else you desire! our birthday girls birthday dinner was on the beach one night. we arrived at the beach on the most gorgeous evening. waves crashing, 80 degree weather and a candle lit path. the table was illuminated by dozens of candles of all shapes and sizes. the food was delectable.
this is the sad part. i wanted it to go on forever, but what would i be left wanting for??? the palmilla is worth every dollar you pay so enjoy your stay! someday i will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- One And Only Palmilla
- Palmilla Cabo
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo