I recently got back from a 7 night stay at the Palmilla for my honeymoon and can't speak highly enough about it. Going into the trip, I knew that it was expensive and was ready to spend the money.
To start - every part of the service you receive is unlike any place I have ever visited. I have been fortunate enough to stay at four season resorts as well as ritz's but this service at the Palmilla is head and shoulders above everything else. I don't feel that "no" is in their vocabulary. From the ease of check in where you are given a tour of the property to the hummer service that took my wife and i from the airport, it was the easiest process I have been through.
The room is spectacular with ocean views, large decks, a bathroom that is almost as big as the room itself.
The Butler service can handle any request, from popcorn delivered if we are watching a movie, to the evening snacks delivered, everything you can hope for is available. David was great.
My wife and I both chose to stay that adult only pool all day and loved every minute of it. The chairs all come with head and foot rests. The poolside foot massages (free!) are incredible and the service is impeccable. Alejandro, who we got to know very well poolside, provided us with a level of service and attention (without being over bearing) was amazing.
We ate at all 3 restaurants and it is on par with any high end meal we have here in San Francisco. The wait staff is fully accommodating and the food is unreal. Our favorite was Agua (two dinners and one breakfast).
Finally the prices. Yes, it is expensive. But the prices seem comparable to any four seasons. Poolside margaritas or pina coladas cost in the $12-15 range. While the named cocktails are $20+ (i.e. makers, bombay etc), it is what we were expecting. When looking at lunch, yes a meal for two with no drinks will cost $75+. If you are looking to eat on a budget, take a cab to cabo.
Great stay, amazing service, we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Palmilla Cabo
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo