By all means it was a 5 star resort. But we expected a little more being a One and Only. Which I think is a little bit of a misnomer as many of the hotels both in Cabo (Capella, Las Ventanas) and elsewhere (particularly the Capella Ixtapa which can be had for much cheaper) were on par if not closer to that "6 star" experience that you expect from One and Only.
ALL of the food was spectacular. We ate at every restaurant on property, trying different plates each time and particularly loved Agua (ate there 3x). While pricey, the value is absolutely there, given the high quality
The foot massages by the pool and the overall pool service over-delivered on the One and Only expectations we had.
Recommend the VIP airport service on the return trip - One and Only staff pretty much guide you through check-in, security (handling the bins; telling you what to take off/leave in bags/and escorting you to the VIP lounge). A no brainer for $25
The Not As Good:
Again, take this all with a grain of salt. The place was absolutely beautiful and 5 star - just at this level, I think people appreciate the constructive feedback.
The rooms were terrific - just not worth the $800-1200 regular rate, but at $500, absolutely. We recommend a room on the 2nd floor if booking a standard level room as the high ceilings are much more desirable than our friend's room on the ground level. Seems like if you can afford it, definitely book the suites with the private pool as their view over the beach is much more dramatic than our views of the family pool, which were somewhat obstructed by the many palm trees.
Bring your own golf clubs. The rental sets are very old and worn out. Course was beautiful and well maintained, but for the $300 greens fees, you'd expect a better rental set.
Housekeeping was a little iffy. Some glasses and dishes were not removed for several shifts. Butler service is overrated. You call and get transferred a couple times as if it were a regular front desk.
Definitely very family oriented. Granted we traveled during Thanksgiving week, but I imagine with one whole side of the resort dedicated to a family pool/etc, you can expect families most of the time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Palmilla Cabo
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo