My husband and I went for a 3 day getaway - lovely grounds, thoughtful service, delicious food. Two highlights, the ocean front tables at Agua were amazing - private, romantic - we liked it so much we went two nights in a row. And the spa - I've been to several 5-star spas and this spa is amazing. The service, ambiance and of course the treatment. It was truly tailored to me, and I really felt pampered. Even at 5-stars you usually can see some 'eye glazing over' from tired and jaded employees, but this place was truly warm and welcoming.
Small issues. The beach was being worked on, and no one had mentioned it. We are beach people, not pool people, and the beach was a main reason we wanted to stay here. We still sat there, but it was a construction site basically, and the drills, saws and varnish dust were not relaxing:) I know they need make upgrades, but we would have loved a heads-up and would have made our trip another time. When we checked in, they also told us they had snorkel equipment at the beach, but when we went down there, the attendant said, "oh, no, its all broken."
And out in the water at about 5 feet deep there was a semi-submerged blue painted oil barrel - I'm sure it didn't have actual oil in it, it was just an odd note for a lovely resort. In general the pools were much better maintained and luxurious than the beach (pillows for your feet and head on your chairs at the pool but not beach etc)
I would still go there again in a heartbeat and 100% plan to return, but will ask a few questions first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A verdant oasis on the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Where azure waters greet the mountainous desert and the Pacific Ocean merges with the Sea of Cortez. Where warm waves break onto a dramatic shoreline… and gray whales can be seen rising majestically in the distance. Here, the gracious style of Old Mexico - with its red-tiled roofs, whitewashed walls, and idyllic setting of exquisite fountains - is quietly nestled amidst swaying palms, bird of paradise and other tropical bloom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your One & Only Palmilla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Palmilla
- One&Only Palmilla Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Palmilla Cabo
- One Only Cabo
- La Palmilla
- One & Only Palmilla Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo