“Amazing Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Over the last year, Don Sanchez Restaurant has “re-defined” itself both in design as well our approach to your fine food and wine experience. Our food, service and quality are consistent with the same standards found in North America as we strive to constantly improve and innovate.Proudly, the majority of our high-quality produce is grown and harvested from local organic farms. Our seafood comes from local fisherman ensuring the best, freshest quality. Fresh oysters and clams are delivered 3 times a week and our fish daily. All of our produce and seafood are environmentally sustainable and checked regularly for consistency.One of our standards is to only serve “grass-fed” beef from Sonora or American choice beef, which is aged to perfection, and consistent with the same processing standards found in the U.S.A. All salt used in Don Sanchez Restaurant is natural un-iodized Sea salt from Guerrero Negro in the Northern Baja Peninsula.
Indian Wells, California
“Amazing Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Wow! What a place. The creativity and vision of Chef Tadd Chapman is just fantastic. My wife and I just came back from our honeymoon in Los Cabos and find Don Sanchez trough Trip-advisor. One of the best meals of my life! The patio, the entrance, the service, live music, etc. all the elements were there, but the food is so unique and beautifully displayed and yes, it also tastes great! I started with a jalapeño basil margarita, and grilled octopus and and for Entree I had a Chile Wellington. My wife had the fresh fish mango tulips and a Tamarindo Ancho Short Rib. Wow! Everything was incredible. And very affordable too. Thank you guys for a very memorable evening!

“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Very surprised at how wonderful everything was! Very clean, great ambiance, excellent food! My husband and I found this place while wandering around San Jose and were so glad we found it!

• Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I adore Don Sanchez restaurant! I came here on July 21st while vacationing in Cabo. That day also happened to be my birthday and I was dining alone. I selected this restaurant from reading Tripadvisor reviews and thought the live music and nice menu would be nice for the occasion. I made reservations for the courtyard but when I arrived at 7:30 it was pretty quiet. I was actually the only one there for a while. There was a gentleman playing the sax who was very good.

My waiter was very nice. I ordered the pineapple mojitio, seafood bisque and chile wellington. All were excellent. While I was there the head chef came out to speak to another table (a large group who came in) about the menu and he also stopped by my table to ask me how everything was. I appreciated this. When I ordered dessert, the sax player came over and played happy birthday and they wrote happy birthday on the plate with the cake. I was not expecting this but it was lovely. The cake was awesome as well. When I am back in Cabo I will make sure I stop by Don Sanchez!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner here our last night in town and it was amazing! We sat in their back courtyard, which has a lovely ambiance. The food and service were both spectacular. In particular, the whole red snapper was amazing. There were four of us an everyone agreed that it was an exceptional meal. Would recommend to everyone!

Mansfield, Texas
“Amazing (especially for the price)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We went based off Trip Advisor ratings and it did not disappoint! We called ahead for reservations so we were seated immediately in the wine cellar room. We quickly ordered and were served drinks. I got the Jalapeno Margarita and it was amazing. I've had some before but what was so neat about this one is that all though served on the rocks, the Jalapeno itself was blended up very fine inside the drink so there were no chunks and it wasn't too spicy…just the right amount of kick. My wife had a variation on a Paloma (tequila and grapefruit) but this one added Tamarind and Fresca so the balance between alcohol, sweet, sour, & bitter were perfect (and I hate grapefruit).

We were surprised to be served an amuse bouche…and single shrimp fried with a coating of some very fine string-like things. If anyone knows what they are, please tell me! And it was served on a spoon with a finely chopped fruit salad (mango, jicama, etc). It was perfect. Don't let me forget that the extensive Wine List was on an easy-to-use iPad. I ended up getting a glass of Mexican Chardonnay that was nice.

Next came my appetizer of scallop shooters with couscous and lemon foam. The presentation was amazing…they were placed in oyster shells so you simply ate them like raw oysters. My first bite was a bit much as the lemon foam was like lemon on crack covering up the other flavors. The very attentive staff saw my reaction and was there immediately asking if everything was alright. I of course said yes and removed a bit of the foam for the next 2 and the balance was perfect. An amazing little dish.

Our entrees were amazing as well. Being foodies we all sampled each others a bit. My Pre-Hispanic Yellow Tail wrapped in pepper leaves was the most moist, succulent fish I HAVE EVER HAD! My wife had a salad that looked beautiful and my son devoured the tenderloin (it was hard to get him to share a bite). Desserts were equally great and inventive. I had the date-stuffed spanikopita (fried phyllo pocket) with cinnamon ice cream.

This quality of meal would easily have cost $200-250 in the USA and it topped out just above $100 for the 3 of us. You really can't beat this quality for the price anywhere. Our only complaints were the cheesy easy-listening jazz was a bit loud once we were the only ones left in the restaurant (but we're musicians so it might not bug you). And they gave us a bit too much time between entree and desserts but they were all made fresh. I'm being super picky here as it was an amazing experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere