“Awesome Course phenomenal staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Golf Courses, Sports
Princeville, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
“Awesome Course phenomenal staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a first class golf experience. The Greg Norman course is a well thought out nine using the natural lay of the land to highlight the secular views of the sea of Cortez . The golf holes are fun and yet every bit of a challenge from the back tees for even the most seasoned pro. The food was the best food I had in the area ( real mexican food not like the food that was adapted to the taste buds of the tourist that I found else wear) and it was all inclusive in the green fee. If your into a adult beverages they are included to. The Nicklaus course was a great track as well but I have to say The Norman course blows it away. I hope Sergio the director of golf reads these reviews because Chevy , Lucy, David , Jonathan, charlie ( Carlos ) , and Manuel are service all stars . I wish I knew the ladies name making the sopas at the bears den because she won the taste of San Jose del cabo Award . Standing ovation to all staff. Once you play the golf course you,ll make time to play it twice. Happy golfing.

Fort Worth
“Return Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I last reviewed Puerto Los Cabo in July 2012 and my return visit verified the course being only somewhat easier the second round. However, I was disappointed in that absolutely no changes have been made to build the rest of the promised 18 additional holes. The course is exactly as it was one year ago. They have paved the road to the "clubhouse", but that is it.
On the other hand significant hotel construction is underway, specially along the 15th and 16th holes.
Notwithstanding, worth playing. Get past the inclusive food and drink and focus to the golf challenge. I just hope the territory for the additional holes is protected from development. I think both Greg and Jack would favor having a full 18 each.

redwood city
6 attraction reviews
“Great value considering the options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Played on the 20 th. course in great shape. Greens are fast and true. This course is owned by a company that also owns Campestre and Cabo real. Look into a deal with your resort to play all three at a deep discount. This was my first time playing here and was very happy with all aspects of the experience. The guys at the comfort stations were great. I was quite surprised by the incredible views throughout the course. At one point I said to my group.... Oh no great views on this hole.... Only to get to the green and be greeted to a 180 deg. View of aqua blue ocean. As a 8 handicap it was not the hardest course I've played but from the gold tees... A fair challenge.
A previous review mentioned the construction yes they are building a large resort on site... Effects maybe two holes really no big deal in my book! Enjoy and may many birdies come your way!!!

Mesa, Arizona
8 attraction reviews
“Golfing at Puerto Los Cabos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Wonderful course and great service - includes all you can eat and drink - yes it includes alcohol! The greens can be somewhat challenging but - OMG - what beautiful views of the ocean...loved it and we played there twice in the week we were staying there.

San Diego, California
6 attraction reviews
“Buyer beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is a fun course . However there is currently major construction going on . At least seven of the holes are affected by this. The noise is awful. The course is in poor shape as are the golf carts. For the same price you can play compestre which is better in every way

Visited May 2013
PLCGolfManagement, General Manager at Puerto Los Cabos Golf Club, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Mcdewey, thank you for your post and for agreeing that we are a fun golf course. Thankfully the reviews and feedback from our guests have been great!

I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss your negative comments further about the construction on the course. The golf course is still in great shape because we are in high season. The construction that we currently have underway is our new 550 room, on-site hotel that is located and set back from the 15th and 16th hole. The project does not affect the golf course and is part an important and positive part of our growth. Outside of this construction, we have no other construction projects on the course.

We take pride in answering all the positive and negative feedback we receive and I welcome you to contact me to discuss directly. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss your expericence further with you. I can be reached at scastillo at puertoloscabos.com