“Fabulous experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Vancouver, Canada
“Fabulous experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My husband and I were married in January on the beach in front of the Posada Real. We had 20 guests staying at the hotel for our event and every one of them left thoroughly impressed. The hotel staff is friendly and engaged, working to make your stay excellent. As a bride, even I managed to relax and have fun a bit before my wedding, which anyone who is married will know is no small feat! Staff like Urbano and Benito stand out and by the end of our stay they felt like friends. We missed them so much we went back four months later, and intend to continue to head down whenever we can. If the Posada Real can take on a wedding, they can take on anything. I highly recommend you give it a try.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I took a little drive from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. Cabo san Lucas was way too much for us, we're used to a slower passed Mexico. Cabo San Lucas is like going to Los Angeles. Stayed our first night at a glitz and glamor condo which was not for us. San Jose Del Cabo at the Posada Real was just the ticket. The hotel is a little old as in style, but for Mexico standards it was perfect for us. The room was clean, bed was firm and had a view of the ocean from the balcony. The staff was EXCELENT; the bell boy, desk manager, bar tenders, waiters were all very kind at every request. We only stayed one night and when we left it felt like we were leaving family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I'm sorry to say that but I was not impressed with this resort at all, Hotel Rooms need a major cleaning the tiles in the bathrooms should be white as this is the colour they had originally but they are almost black, Bathtops need a good cleaning as well. I know I was going to a 3-4 star resort acording from other reviews but when I have arrived that was not the case. The Buffet food I have to admit it was okay would be nice to see some decorations like other resorts have. The crew on the other hand is horrible. No service at all you have to get everything yourself. Only person that is acctually working is their boss and all other are staying and talking among each other, good luck getting coffe if you dont get it yourself. Baby seats are dirty so if you planning to stay there bring your own sanitizer wipes. Reception and check in and check out ok with no issues. Bar in the Lobby closed for most of the day so you have only one bar at the pool. Food by the pool very good just menu stays the same all week. Resorts grounds are very nice and kept maintained. Resort has a very nice location and you will get rest and good vacation as long as you can put up with these things mentioned above. We are not picky family as we have seen a lot but while being there youll see same things for Yourself

Room Tip: Any room will be the same we had a room facing Hola Grand Faro and the ocean and the room location w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Your comments are really valuable to us and we put attention to them wih interest.

With regards to your comment, I want to mention to you that we had a meeting with our waiter's staff in order to emphasize the importance to offer a good service to our guest.

I have asked them to continue to improve the quality of their services offered to our guests, because our job is to provide a pleasant experience to all of them

I am sorry because we couldn't fulfilled your expectations.

Sincerely

The Management
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is right on a gorgeous beach. The ocean is a little turbulent so you have to stay close to the shore but it's still very nice and refreshing to bathe in or even body surf if you brought fins. There are horses for hire and souvenir vendors who come by on the beach in front of the hotel.

The hotel itself is super clean and tidy and the staff are exceptional. Many guests seem to be from Canada and other parts of Mexico but there are some Americans like me there too. In the rooms the beds are comfy, there's a nice tv, AC, balconies with chairs and views, and a safe to make your stay worry free. It's not the Ritz but it sure feels like it! The all inclusive dining for me is great. Plenty of sweet fruit, and the entrees are good with several choices I don't drink but the slushy virgin pina coladas were great on the hot beach. Large pool with swim up bar, padded lounge chairs and umbrellas, all the clean towels you need, tennis, mini golf, ping pong, lunch and drink service to your chairs all make the day wonderful even if you don't leave the hotel. In the evening there is scheduled entertainment and I liked the musicians a lot. The hotel has free wifi. T

Location is perfect. You can walk 4 blocks to the Mega (basically like a Walmart or Target) and change your $ for a good rate or buy what you need. From there you can also catch a public bus for a cheap short ride to Cabo S. Lucas. You can also go to Downtown S. Jose in 5 minutes from in front of the hotel for even less. Vans will pick you up in front of the hotel lobby to go scuba dive (I did), surf, fish, or whatever you want to do. There are concierges available in the lobby and behind the front desk. I used Epic for airport transfer and it was ok.

In sum, I recommend the all inclusive plan and was totally satisfied with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Upon arriving the girl at the front desk asked for the confirmation voucher. I had it in email form on my phone and showed it to her. Not only was she rude, she told me that we couldn't check in without it and that an electronic version was not sufficient. Uh, hullo? Like I was going to go all the way back to Houston to get it. She went about joking and playing around with the other staff.

After being ignored for about 10 minutes, I asked her if I could use a PC to print. She gave me a key to the "business center". I asked her for directions and she mumbled something derrogatory under her breath since I was bothering her from making fun and gossiping about an overweight woman that was staying at the hotel. Very unprofessional.

When i went to print the confirmation voucher, the printer was out of paper. My husband went to the front desk to ask for paper. She snapped at him and told him that the electronic version was okay. He told her that I already had it up and just needed one sheet and if needed, he would pay the paper. We went to the front desk to check in, this time with the voucher. It took forever.

Once we were in the room I went to the terrace to see my "garden view". My view consisted of an old construction site, dumpsters and old mattresses that were thrown away. It was infested with ants and saw a roach in the bathroom. After complaining and letting them know it was not what I wanted for my 20th anniversary, they gave me the room I originally was supposed to have. No busboy was offered. We moved our all of our luggage ourselves.

The pool tiles were all broken and I ended up cutting my foot. The bartender was hardly ever at the pool. We were ignored by the waiters until my hubby started flashing dollars. Finally understood why we were treated so badly. As American born Mexicans, we are considered low class to them. Everyone was getting their drinks except us.

The Captain of the waitstaff and the kitchen staff were the only ones that treated us with respect. Meals were good. Beds were rock hard. We had no hot water. Had to ask for washcloths on a daily basis.

Before we departed, the manager asked us to fill out a survey. I thought I'd have some privacy to do it, but he stood right there as I filled it out. Needless to say, we will not be returning.

Room Tip: Rooms are not quiet at all. We could hear our neighbor's conversations clearly.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
raulchi, Gerente at Posada Real Los Cabos, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest;
I am very disappointed to know that you didn't enjoy your vacation with us.
I am requesting a meeting with our Front Desk Manager in order to demand a better treatment to our Guests.

Sorry for the inconveniences, we will do our best to improve our Front Desk Service.

Sincerely

The Management
Brandon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We have travelled to many places and stayed in resorts that were a 5 star to a 3.5 star and would rate this a 4 star inmost parts, the rooms a 3 star. This was our first trip to Cabo and loved it! We enjoyed our stay at the Posada Real very much. It is a small resort ( which I prefer), The staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. I read where some people thought the front desk staff were unhelpful. No, I think the language barrier was probably the problem, you are in Mexico, Si! Some reviews say the drinks are watered down... no way! I personally can attest to that! Our room was on the main floor to the east of the building, very quiet, except the talking in the hallways, which seemed to quiet down around 10:00 or so. Bring earplugs, then you won't have to worry about it! The rooms are somewhat dated, the beds are very hard, but just ask for a foam pad at the front desk, I think they are getting new beds in, as we saw a pile of the old ones out back. The rooms could also do with some new shower curtains, as the ones they have are to short and water goes everywhere .The maid service was very good! I brought my own facecloth, but did not need to. We were pleasantly surprised at the pool- swim up bar, warm pool, pool next to beach and no shortage of pool chairs or palapas. Food and drinks were served to you right at your chair on the beach by a wonderful waiter named Bonito. They make the best hamburgers and club sandwiches at the beach hut. The main buffet, had very good food also, not a large selection, but was always enough! The chocolate cake is to die for. There is no swimming in the ocean as there are huge waves and an undertow. Nice to watch. The only bad thing I have to say is about the poker night at the beach, it is a bit of a rip off. They make you buy in , but you don't get any winnings back. They give away a couple of trips instead, and if you (WIN) you must pay the taxes up front, both people who won were not sure if its on the up and up! Take the bus into Cabo San Lucas, the marina is something to see. But watch out for the vendors wanting to sell trips for fishing, etc., they are a pain in the keester. Overall we had a great time and we highly recommend this place. We'll be back again!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Front desk staff very unhelpful. Arrived at 11am we were allowed into our room but were denied our all inclusive bracelets until 1pm! Everyone else that arrived at the same time were allowed their bracelets except us! spent $60at poolside bar, complained but got no results or compensation. Food was average beds were rock hard. Other than the front desk staff all other staff were exceptional, Benito, Ismael and Krista are fabulous. Beach was very good as well as the grounds

Room Tip: beach front rooms worth the extra money. especially second and third floors. all other rooms have li...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Posada Real Los Cabos? Share your experiences!