“they sold my reservation and I still had to pay.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel & Suites Las Palmas

You added Hotel & Suites Las Palmas to your Saves list
Hotel & Suites Las Palmas
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Transpeninsular KM 31, Col. Magisterial, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly BEST WESTERN Hotel & Suites Las Palmas)   |
Ranked #31 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego, California
“they sold my reservation and I still had to pay.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

When arrived to the hotel, they told me that I didn't have any reservation. So, as soon as I got back home called them to make a complain and said that they did have a reservation and I was the one didn't show up when that was a lie!... they offered me to find another hotel but I said no... luckily I had family there so I stayed with them . They still charged me with the full price!! I will never go there and will provide information to all I know what they did!..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My purpose for booking this particular hotel was for its proximity to the bus stop - as I flew in to San Jose del Cabo and planned to catch a bus north the following day. This hotel was simply an overnight for me and not a vacation stay.

The walls/windows were a little thin, the fixtures were a little outdated, the wifi was weak. The people were very nice and professional and the room was clean. Quite clean. In fact, it's been a while since I've walked on a tile floor and picked up *nothing* on the bottoms of my bare feet.

Breakfast is a voucher for a limited menu at a real restaurant - no skimpy stale bagels and thermos coffee here!

Overall, I got what I needed: a clean bed, a good breakfast, and a short walk to the bus stop the next morning. I will most likely stay here again for an overnight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Claudio N, Manager at Hotel & Suites Las Palmas, responded to this review, November 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the compliments. Our talent is dedicated to ensuring each of our guests have a comfortable stay.

We have been improving our services, so next time you come to Cabo can give us the opportunity to serve you again, so you see we can do better.

Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

It's kinda like the motels you'd find in a small town along the highway in North America... Fine for an overnight stay for us. We arrived early evening and wanted to explore San Jose the next day before we headed to Cabo San Lucas. The room was clean enough, beds fine, everything worked, no real complaints. We, family of 4, shared two queen beds, had to pay extra for my 14 yr old, but only got vouchers for two breakfasts, which was just scrambled eggs, tortilla and coffee. The little pool area was a nice touch but we didn't use it as it was too cold when we were there.

Room Tip: They all face the main road but it wasn't noisy.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want you to know that we have been improving our service and the Complimentary American Breakfast, has a whole new menu!

We look forward to seeing you soon and to prove you we can do better!

Best,
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Pros:
Excellent price
Good location - only 15 min walk from centre
Nice pool area
Good food in the restaurant
Excellent restaurants within 5 min walking distance

Cons:
Not enough seats at breakfast
Very indifferent service in the restaurant

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments, we understand your discomfort and can only hope that in the future you change your mind and give us the opportunity to serve you again and have a better impression of our services.

We can assure you that we have been improving our services and we also have a brand new menu!

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Verdi, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Thought this place was very reasonable for the area and a last minute booking during busy season. Room is quite nice and we got a free upgrade to a suite. Clean, newer, updated. No elevator but didn't matter much since they were nice enough to carry all of our luggage up for us. Tip: book the AAA rate even if you don't have AAA, they didnt ask to see our card. We piad $60 w/ the aaa discount.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is ideal for exploring everything Cabo has to offer, hope you took advantage of that!

Looking forward to see you soon!

Regards
Longview, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. The room, which was a suite, was spacious and very clean. Breakfast was included in the price of the room. I would recommend staying at the Best Western Las Palmas if you don't want to over pay for a hotel while in Los Cabos. The housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning our room each morning. The front desk staff were very helpful reommending restaurants both tourist and non-tourist. I would recommend this hotel if you don't want to stay on the beach.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments, we appreciate it!

Our talent works hard to make each of our guests feel comfortable throughout their stay, we will let know everyone about your good comments; that make us work even harder to exceed your expectations about our hotel and service.

Hope next time you visit Los Cabos can give us the opportunity to serve you again!

san francsico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Pros:
Breakfast was good
Pool are decent
Good location for catching the bus and or walking to stores or downtown
Price

Cons:
Bed was hard
Shower sprayed all over the place.
Front desk staff was alright. Not very friendly and we felt like we were at a car lot when one of the staff was trying to pressure us into booking an excursion. I hated that feeling when at my hotel!

Overall we couldnt beat the price and it was clean and in a good/safe location but would opt to pay more for something else next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your discomfort we truly apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Since your last visit we have been improving our service, we work hard to make each of our guests comfortable during their stay.

We already noted all of your points and we will channel them to their respective departments.

We look forward to have the opportunity to serve you again.

Hotel & Suites Las Palmas Manager

Been to Hotel & Suites Las Palmas? Share your experiences!