“Excellent Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos

You added Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos to your Saves list
Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Carretera Transpeninsular, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Mateo, CA
“Excellent Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

Just got back from Zoetry Casa Del Mar. I want to go back already. The resort is so beautiful and ambience very relaxing. The food is excellent as well. I actually found there to be ample selections at each meal - steak, fish, shrimp, pasta, etc. The Classic salad I ate several times coz it was so good! So were the quesadillas. We ordered private dining several times and enjoyed this in the privacy of our beautiful 1 bedroom master suite, which we got as a free upgrade. My teenage son found the resort a bit too quiet and that's where Dreams came in - livelier atmosphere, more activities, but sorry to say the food was not good. We tried Oceana and the Asian restaurant and regretted we even tried when the food at Zoetry was always so good (gourmet dining). Got a massage at the spa and it was great service and very relaxing. The jacuzzi in the spa is so nice. If I have one complaint, it's that the service was spotty at times. We would request for things that never came or had to call several times to ask for the same thing. But we didn't let this bother us. It's Mexico, slower and more relaxed and that's just the way it goes.
We went to Cabo San Lucas several times and preferred this over San Jose del Cabo. We walked to the Hilton cove to swim but the cove is really too small and overall not much beach swimming in Cabo. Lovers beach was nice but the water was cold. The waves were too strong as well. We wanted to go snorkeling but it was too windy and were advised against Cabo Pulmo as the visibility wasn't so good. Next time I would go to Playa del Carmen, but I would definitely come back to Cabo just for Zoetry. Yes, it's that nice!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel we were checked in rather quickly and before I even asked they had upgraded us to an ocean front presidential suite , very nice 3 bedrooms and 3 baths with an upstairs. My favorite part is always going to be the customer service from the Bellman Eddy - you made our stay perfect from showing us where everything was at the hotel and explaining to us how to get around Cabo San lucas and here you go RAFAEL - I promised you I would mention you , you were so helpful to us like Eddy was , thanks for the many times you told us Cabo was very safe and for showing us where to go and how to get there , We really appreciate that level of customer service it will never be forgotten. The resort is beautiful and quiet which is what we was looking for in a resort and excellent food . There is not much more to say trust me when I say this is an excellent resort for those looking for a nice quiet place to relax with good food and good service and I have been to many many resorts in Mexico this one has .....The It.... factor . Also to Omar (Sharif) in the El Tapanca restaurant your a GREAT waiter don't ever change!!!!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We chose Zoetry out of a long list of prospects for our honeymoon spot, and we are FOREVER grateful that we did!! Everything from the outstanding service to the fantastic accommodations to the tasty meals was PERFECT! This resort is a FANTASTIC choice for anyone seeking quietude and peace - a.k.a, anyone looking to unwind in a paradise after all the wedding madness! The nightly turndowns were so romantic, as were the candlelit beach dinners. Swimming pools and lounge areas were beautiful. Zoetry wait staff, bartenders and concierges - Gil and Hector, to name a few - made us feel special and right at home. Again, we feel so fortunate that we were able to stay here while in Cabo and hope that others look into the resort!!

OKC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2010

We celebrated our honeymoon at the Zoetry Del Mar and decided we wanted to go to a location we hadn't been to (as we had previously traveled to Caribbean, Playa, Cancun, etc...). While we chose Cabo, we went knowing what to expect from the reviews, although we were still surprised by the 'beach and power of waves'...There was absolutely NO swimming or entering the ocean. The waves crashed against the shore - which was beautiful but definitely not good if you are looking to refresh from a few hours on the beach.
The Zoetry was beautiful and the staff were incredible. I wish I could remember all of their names - but between the host, bellman, the spa hostess (Marta), housekeeping, and the wait staff, they made us feel like we were their only concern.

The Dreams resort is their sister resort and next door. You can access it via taxi (paid for by the Zoetry) or a 10 minute walk down the beach (not your soft, white sand beaches of Playa - but not terrible - you need to watch for the horse droppings though)...The all-inclusive privileges are good at both resorts. There is definitely a very different environment between the two - Dreams has a lot of things going on, kids running around pool, and theme parties planned...Zoetry is relaxed and very few children and a nicer environment.

The spa treatments at the Zoetry were excellent.

If there are any requests for improvement of the resort I would say food selection. We thought the food was very good - but the menu is the same every day...Plus, if you are not open to eating seafood, there are limited options - but my spouse loved the Nachos.

Hope this helps - and I would definitely recommend the Zoetry!!!

Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

Originally my husband and I booked the Dreams resort to have our getaway vacation wedding. But when Yarai, our wedding coordinator, offerered us an upgrade to Zoetry, I immediately said yes after seeing the pictures! With all my excitement I did not think to look at the reviews first. When I went on trip advisor, my heart sank. I found comments like, "rooms are so-so, bathroom old grout, moldy, mini bar never refreshed, timeshare people rude and pushy." Right away I began to regret my decision. I thought about it for a while and eventually figured that with the upgrade we could still visit Dreams, so why not? Everyone has different opinions, how bad could it be? I can honestly say that we are so extremely happy that we stuck with our decision! Zoetry was amazing!!!

Immediately when you arrive its like you are turning into a exclusive secret hideaway, there is only a small sign that is easily missed that says "Casa del Mar". The cobblestone driveway takes you to the entrance where we were greeted very graciously as they took our bags. They took us on a small tour and then we got checked in. The place was absolutely beautiful! The landscaping was gorgeous. Pure serenity is definitely what you feel just being at the resort.

Room
Our suite was on the third floor of the main building; it overlooked the main pool and ocean. I don't think that our room was one that was newly renovated but it was still fabulous! Very comfortable bed and pillows! Bathrooms...our friends had rooms that only had a small glass door to the toilet and tub. Most of them said the lack of privacy in that regard was an issue. But our room had a regular door to the main bathroom so we had no problems there. Maid service was great and the minibar was always refreshed. You always knew that they were there because they would leave flowers decorating the bathroom or bed area. Nice touch.

Dining
We both thought the food was great. Many places over cook steak, but not here! If you want steak rare, you will get it rare! Some reviews stated that there wasn't many options for food. I wouldn't disagree with changing up the menues a bit. But really, we liked the food so much, we would order the same thing over and over again. We stayed for 10 days so were able to try just about everything and repeat the ones we loved. Service was awesome. You get to know most of the staff pretty quickly. And they were all so friendly and accomodating. Oh and room service was the best! We ordered it almost every morning and one time a cheeseburger late late night...yummy!

Spa
We upgraded our 20min massage to an hour on the beach. So relaxing!! We loved every minute. I also got a facial towards the end of our stay. I feel asleep because I was so relaxed. Another great thing about the spa is that they have a large hot tub that is open for everyone. They had very nice dry sauna and wet sauna too.

Travel
Travel to Dreams was easy. You could walk the beach or have zoetry get you a taxi for free. But we had some issues with the taxi from Dreams to Zoetry. If the taxi guy doesn't know that Zoetry pays, they will try to get money from you. To fix this, you simply need to get zoetry's front desk person to talk to and pay the taxi driver. Travel to either city was $20-25 cab ride.

Wedding
It was the best! Yarai was spectacular attending to all our wedding needs. The grooms attire and my wedding dress were steamed the day before. She kept telling me to "just relax." Although that was hard to do, when I think about it now, I didn't have to do anything but be in the room for hair and make up then show up on time. Can't beat that! Everything was so beautiful. The ceremony went smoothly as did the cocktail hour and reception. We pigged out on quite a few hors d'ouevres after our pictures. Then we had a wonderful 5 course meal which all the guests were impressed by. The cake was gorgeous too. My only complaint was that the guy in charge of the ipod didn't always play the right songs and played a few twice. But the guests did not seem to notice so all in all it was a pretty perfect night. When we got to the room, the bed was decorated with swan towels and rose petals. In the tub, a bubble bath was drawn with petals as well. You would think that the water would have been cold, but it was quite the opposite. It was so hot we couldn't even get in! But it was a nice surprise. The next day they had a complimentary champagne bottle and breakfast served in bed. Unfortunately we did not know so when they sent it up to our room we were already downstairs eating breakfast. No worries though because we still got our big bottle of champagne! I just thought it was so sweet that they were going to give breakfast in bed. As far as pictures, we used Mango photography. And although we had never met our photographer, Jerome, he did an awesome awesome job. And we were happy and excited to purchase pictures additional to the 50 free from the wedding package. It's really quite a great deal too, because you get to see all the pictures before you buy them. He makes a slideshow and everything. Really top noch. I wish we had hired him to take pictures of our entire wedding.

Overall, this was the best vacation we have ever taken! We will definitely go back again. In fact, our friends want to make our anniversary an annual reunion!

Michelle & Mundi

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

My husband and I just returned from our first stay at Zoetry Casa Del Mar where we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary. We were wowed from the moment we step foot into this beautiful hacienda-style beachfront boutique hotel! The lush gardens, amazing views, beautiful pools and ocean-view scenery of white sand and turquoise water truly make this all-inclusive top on our list of places we've visited!

We were upgraded upon arrival to a Master Suite...which was to die for! There were fresh flowers all over the room, a bottle of champagne already chilled, and a hot bubble bath filled the large Jacuzzi tub, just waiting for us as we opened the door. The view from our room was spectacular and I would definitely request this room again. The staff was so accommodating and helpful beyond any service at any hotel we've ever stayed in. We felt like royalty the whole time we were there and enjoyed the overall friendliness of all the staff.

The food was so fresh, healthy and organic that we didn't worry about counting calories this trip! The food and presentation was so delicious you would never think it was an all-inclusive resort. The drinks were excellent and so was the Argentina red wine we had for dinner. The chef went above and beyond and specially prepared the tuna we caught on our deep sea fishing excursion one day, and some amazing cerviche for an appetizer. Talk about superb service!

Overall, this resort is tranquility defined. It is small, sophisticated, and has an old world charm you can’t help but fall in love with. We enjoyed the peaceful atmosphere, massages on the beach, and were overall very pleased with our experience and highly recommend staying if you are looking for a little bit of heaven in paradise! It’s the most romantic place my husband and I have ever stayed and can't wait to go back!!

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

The perfect location for couples or family. the best mexican hospitality possible, wonderful staff make you feel welcome and appreciated from the moment you walk in to the resort.

the room are perfect, the food is excellent the atmosphere is classically mexican and extremely comfortable.

the perfect vacation I highily recommend Casa del Mar

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos? Share your experiences!