“Great resort!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos

You added Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos to your Saves list
Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos
5.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Carretera Transpeninsular, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego
“Great resort!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed here last October and had a great time. I choose this resort because I wanted a higher quality resort with better food and amenities and was not disappointed.

Beach: This was a disappoint. You cannot go in the water in Cabo because of the rip current. However, the lower pool was great and there was always a good group of people to hang out with and enjoy the sun.

Food: The food was very good for an all-inclusive. The selection was somewhat limited, but the staff was more than willing to accommodate our special requests.

Rooms: We got a room in the main building right above the lobby. They are without a doubt the best rooms in the resort. We heard complaints about the ocean front rooms so I would avoid those.

Service: The staff was great and very friendly. Nothing special, but they get the job done.

Spa: I was shocked at how bad my massage was. I have had a dozen or so massage over the past 5 years and was suprised at how little the therapist did over the course of 75 minutes. I came out greasy and unimpressed.

Activities: The resort can set you up with a lot activities to do. We went into Cabo a couple times and went for a horseback ride. That was more than enough for us.

Summary: I would definitely recommend this resort over some of the other All-Inclusives in Cabo. It is smaller and you can feel the difference. The food is better and you don't have to fight the crowds. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building above the big pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Bogart, Ga.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

WOW!! Where to start?? We've been to at least 8 different All Inclusives on many different Islands and this is the first one that we want to go back to!! We went on a family vacation with our 25 and 21 yr old daughters.

It was quiet and peaceful. If you want action and nightlife; go somewhere else. Or check out Dreams next door. But if you want a relaxing, pampering and quality resort, pack your bags and go!!!
From the start to the finish it was difficult to find a negative.

Yes a few times, the service was spotty, but overall The service is great!! I want to give a big shout out to Jorge, Brenda, Alberto, Hector and Marcos!! Many more were excellent, but these were the main folks who took EXTRA special care of us!!
By the end of the week, they knew our likes and dislikes and catered to us. Always extra ice and water without even asking; not to mention the Pineapple Mojitos and Mango Maritinis!!!
And how nice to walk around and be called by your name. It felt like we were leaving family when it was time to go!

The food was great; so nice to have no buffets! Best food we've ever had at an All Inclusive. You have to try the Yam chips and Guacamole.!! Awesome!! Be sure to ask for the Chef's Special at Tapanco's. One night we had an amazing Sea Bass special.

And Can I mention the fact that they did our laundry??? Now what an amazing thing to go home with CLEAN clothes(especially all the stinky workout clothes!).

Hearing the waves all night long,the comfy beds(loved the bed sheets), and quiet rooms made sleeping amazing. We had the best and most sleep we've ever had on vacation. I was worried based on the reviews about the beds being too soft; but no problems(and I do have back issues).

The few negatives or improvements I could mention: TV minimal. It would be nice to have movies to rent. The workout room is small and old. It would add to the allure if they upgraded the facilities. At least have everything in working order. If you are big workout person, it's worth going over to Dreams and using their larger, more equipped facility. The walk over is a good warmup!
A few games around would be good; ie. Corn hole or horseshoes. Things that would be fun but not too rowdy. And it would be neat if they rotated their menu occasionally.

Other than that. It was awesome. Go, relax and enjoy the beauty and pampering!

Room Tip: Check out the bathroom privacy situation before you book your room. Some bathrooms are open.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Castle Pines, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This resort is a beautiful boutique hotel with a wonderful staff, comfortable rooms, good food and great accommodations overall. It was very quiet and restful - not alot of activities if that's what you are looking for, but this was by far the best resort I have stayed in Mexico. I loved everything about it and I would not hesitate to recommed this resort to anyone. If you are looking for a beautiful resort, good food, nice comfortable room (although the beds were too soft)
this is a wonderful place. We have already made plans to return in Octobber

Hauppauge, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We arrived the beginning of May and spent 6 nights. We did private transfers and that really is wonderful. First the check in process was easy and pleasant. While checking in they bring over a nice cold drink and towel. Our room was oceanfront ground level and had a beautiful view. This resort is really very peaceful and relaxing. There are 2 restaurants to choose from on the resort and the menu doesn't change but there are many options on the menu. There wasn't one meal I ate that I did not truly enjoy. Their steaks are a bit chewy compared to home. Service was good almost all the time; occasionally spotty - but nothing terrible. Loved the fresh juices in the morning, room service for desert and the daily champagne! The Sea of Cortez is cold - reminds me of the Atlantic - but beautiful to view.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great staff; prime location, all organic foods.
gorgeous grounds, very clean, very adult.
select to a couples weekend.
Like every property in Los Cabos there are time shared apartments for tjose who look for them.
We booked the room ourselves, all inclusive, amazing service; better laundry than Hong Kong!!
same day service with no extra charge.
Kuddos to Norma Virgen at reception ,as well as Karim, and Mayra.
Guys from service, Roberto,Ricardo,Angelica, Kennedy... all great.
very respectful and accomodative at all times.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and infinity whirpool
kirkland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

After 1 year of waiting, my wife and I, decided to finally go on our honeymoon...oh and we are expecting!! We went with an independent travel agent. Our criteria were:
- Great food, NO noise (meaning no frat parties!!!), all inclusive, good wine list/drinks (for me since she doesn't drink; and a great Spa.
She guided us to Zoetry. We went for 10 days. So where do I start?
-Food: organic, fresh...just simply AMAZING. We tried everything on the menus (3 restaurants), and on top of that...the Chef decided to cook us typical mexican diner twice (to die for!!! ).
-Wine: for wine lovers...where do you think you can find a Mouton Rothschild of a great vintage in Mexico? (well the price was a bit high for me, so I decided for lower priced wines but really REALLY amazing wines...ok I have to say that I collect wines myself having 750 bottles of great Chateaux....so yes they have GREAT wines.
- Drinks: any virgin drinks you want...they have it. FRESH Squeezed juices!!
- Quiet: yes!!!! if you want pool parties...go next door at Dreams, and then come back for quietness.
-Spa: here I am biased...We own a Spa...so..... Just PERFECT service!
-Service: here, it is too bad that I can only rate 5 stars....they deserve 6 stars! Always ready to help with a big smile.
so...yes we LOVED it and will be back!

Room Tip: go for 2nd floor, Ocean View.
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Zoetry. We had such a wonderful time and I can't wait to go back again! We were located on the first floor overlooking the pool and the sea. Wow! I would have preferred second floor though, as it would have been nice to sleep with the door open and feel safer. The staff was amazing, as was the food and everything else! All liquor was top shelf and the mix drinks were delightful! It truly was one of the highlights of my life! Be sure to ride the horses on the beach!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos? Share your experiences!