“Another fabulous Zoetry stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos

Save Saved
You added Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos to your Saves list
Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Carretera Transpeninsular, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Nights!
Ranked #12 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Bellville, ohio
“Another fabulous Zoetry stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Vacationed to Zoetry Riviera Maya last year and was not at all dissapointed in Zoetry Casa Del Mar stay this week!! Food was great, loved that the resort was spread out and not very busy....felt very private:) The Beach Club Pool view was crazy beautiful. Enjoyed our room, was located in the new section and had ocean views from the jacuzzi tub and shower. Beautiful weather this time of year with cool nights...bring a sweater :) Highly recommend fresh juices and soups! Quick cab ride to downtown Cabo, recommend snorkeling and whale watching tours set up by Amstar rep at hotel!

• Stayed December 2012

704 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was my first time at this hotel, when I arrived to the main gate the security officer already have my info that I was going to check in, he gave me an easy access to the hotel, when I arrived to the main lobby the front desk people already have my info so I make a very easy check in and my room was ready with a special amenity (some strawberries and truffles that were delicious), in my case the jacuzzi at my own private terrace was at a perfect temperature to use it, and it overrated my thoughts, the personal was very kind, the food and wines were great, the service very good, in conclusion I had a very good time.

Room Tip: One bedroom suite has great spaces, large jacuzzi at the balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Monica, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

From the time we stepped foot on the property to the time we left it was one disaster after the other. Let me start off by saying my fiance and I were visiting this hotel to see if it could be a possible option to have our wedding at. We were going to book the whole hotel so we thought surely they were going to impress us while we were there, oh how wrong we were.

The resort is completely spread out and all the buildings are FAR away from the main lobby. They have golf carts that shuttle you around which we found extremely annoying because it was a 10 min walk from our room to the main entrance...with that being said you can imagine our frustration when no one offered to take our luggage or give us a ride to our room only to then discover our room key didn't work. Our room was average and FAR away from the ocean. No rooms are right on the ocean front so don't plan on that. After traveling all day we couldn't wait to get to our room and relax. We open the mini fridge to get something to drink and we see that it hadn't been cleaned out from the previous people who were staying in the hotel!! open juices, crackers spilled everywhere, open tequilla etc. We tried calling to the front desk to have someone come clean it but the phone didn't work so we trucked 10 min back up front to let the front desk know. They inform us someone will be there immediately to clean it.

In the meantime we head down for dinner. We are starving and just want to sit down and eat so we walk into the first restaurant we see that has both indoor and outdoor seating but were quickly told "sorry you can't come in here because you're wearing shorts." um excuse me? WE ARE ON VACATION not going to a formal ballroom dinner!!! Pissed and irritated we stroll down to the beach restaurant with the outdoor bonfire that would be better anyways...wrong again. There were maybe 2 tables in the whole place filled (the resort was COMPLETELY empty) yet we were told we "couldn't sit there" when asked for a certain table. So we said ok what about outside by the bonfire? "nope reserved." Then they walked away. We were ignored for a good 15 minutes before flagging down someone to practically beg to seat us. Once seated everything was average from there on out. The menu looked good but once our food came I was less than impressed. My fiance seemed to enjoy his steak however my sea bass was loaded with salt and the margarita was disgusting made with that pre mixer crap loaded with sugar. Next to every item on the menu is a calorie count, fat content, etc. Now, we are all for healthy don't get me wrong and we do eat mainly organic when at home but being on vacation you want to enjoy your food and not be counting calories for every meal. We found this extremely annoying however some may be totally fine with it? After dinner we went back up to the room. My fiance opened the fridge to grab a water and he said "omg come look at this"!!! I go over and see that someone had come to re-stock our mini fridge but had left ALL THE OLD CRAP IN THERE!!! If that is not beyond disgusting I don't know what is. At that very moment is when we decided we could NEVER bring our friends and family to such a place like that for our wedding.

I went down to speak with management and she apologized. Offered nothing in return though even after we tried explaining how upset we were. We were suppose to stay the whole weekend and meet with their wedding planner the next day but after that night from hell we decided to leave first thing the next morning.

That next morning we ordered room service breakfast and it was honestly one of the worst omelettes I've had in my life. I know, how can you screw up an omelette right? well they managed to do that too along with the cold sausage and greasy uncooked bacon.

My Fiance went to check out and pay the bill thinking they would surely comp our stay but there was nothing of the sort. By this point we wanted OUT of there so we asked for a taxi and headed out front. Literally as we were getting in the cab the General Manager FINALLY came out to address us giving her apologies that were insincere and long over due at this point. Sorry too little too late.

We headed to the Westin just down the road a bit which was GORGEOUS with stunning rooms and views and happy to say booked as our wedding venue! If you are thinking about Zoetry DON'T DO IT...all inclusive resorts are that way for a reason and don't cater to high end clientele who want to be pampered with good food and complete luxury. If you are going to shell out $500-600/night go stay at Esperanza or Palmilla. You won't regret it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Glenview, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Casa del Mar was, from the word go, the nicest resort we've ever had the pleasure to stay in.
HOTEL: We got a Herbal iced tea upon check-in. We got a 50% price on Orbitz. We had a tour of the property at check-in before. Nice touch. That's the difference at Zoetry- multiple and frequent "nice touches." The beds are more than comfortable - my husband has a chronic back problem, and he's NEVER slept well on a hotel bed prior to this trip. For those who also have "issues" with beds, wanted to put that up front. We were in room 102, a junior suite, for the first day, in the main building, and asked to be on the 200 level based on the reviews here. They accommodated us, even though they had to do some rearranging of who -they- had planned to be there for the next day. The difference? No one can see in at the higher level - that's really the only difference. But we really liked that difference. Besides the extra floor stair climb every time, which wasn't a deal for us. But it might be for some folks. The main building is quiet. The rooms are impeccable, as are the grounds. Every day cleaning the pools, scrubbing the outdoor jacuzzis, constant attention to the flora. The beaches in Cabo are remarcably free of litter as well. We didn't have any of the old tile "problems" we've read about here. And even if they were older tiles, honestly who cares? They were immaculate, and we did have housecleaning 3x per day. We had no issues with the TV, there are some movie channels, there are no commercials, and there are ample English channels for vacations. We really don't care about TV on vacation, though. Loved the limited number of guests, and got to say hi to several of them many times, especially at breakfast. Very friendly group here. No activities on site, except hot tubs. I'm a swimmer, and the main pool is approx 25 meters on a diagonal, which was perfect in the mornings. There is a "library," filled with books that guests have left. We contributed to that - great idea. Free laundry service with the all-inclusive - wow. And they did a beautiful job. The boutique is ridiculously expensive. Sunscreen - $36 for a regular sized bottle of Australian Gold. The other sister hotel besides Dreams is Secrets down the beach. The only thing they exchange is meals, and you have to book ahead with the Zoetry concierge 24 hours ahead. Can't even use the pool. Their beach is clothing optional. We also heard through the grapevine and from a gentleman trying to switch to Zoetry one night, that couples can and do get approached for polyamorous get-togethers. Just, if you're considering many hotels, as we were, and reading this as a review while you're making a choice, be fore-warned. There's absolutely nothing about it on the Secrets website, nor the Secrets Trip Advisor comments that I saw. One other thing about Zoetry: it really is for adults - kids would be bored unless they loved to go to Dreams for the activities.

FOOD: The food is exquisite - I particularly liked the menus with kcal count, % of vitamins, protein grams. Again, nice touch. A juice menu for your choice of freshly squeezed juice to your order? Really? Yes. I LOVED the papaya pineapple combo. At the beach restaurant, I loved the shrimp ceviche for lunch, and the organic chicken for dinner. For salad, I choose the portobello mushroom stuffed with spinach salad. They also cook amazing steaks. We had room service a couple of times, and it was faster than the restaurants, some days we had done an excursion and it was a nice way to relax. As stated in other reviews, if there's something you want that's not on the menu, just ask. They accomodate with "it is my pleasure."
SPA: One night we did the couples massage on the beach, ok, not our favorite massage. Rafaella gave us the free 20-minute massages in the beginning, she was wonderfully talented, wish I'd requested her for the beach massage. Oscar at the spa desk was so very nice, too.
ACTIVITIES and EXCURSIONS: As to activities, if you are up for a short walk on the beach to Dreams, they have. Dreams also has a ping-pong table, a putting area, beach volleyball 2x day. Dreams also has a professional photographer booth right at the beach entrance, free "sitting," free first photo - not bad at all. They also have a $6.00 shuttle, that goes on the half hour and picks up at the half hour, to Cabo San Lucas. Yes, we tried the city bus one day, windows weren't open, I sweated a lot, I much preferred the shuttle from Dreams.
ACTIVITIES: Loved "Day Sail Cabo" with Captain Bob and his cute terrier Stoli - best ceviche I have ever eaten, and good snorkeling. He knows a lot about the history of Cabo, and pointed out some celebrity digs. We had booked from the States prior to goingie If you go through the concierge at the hotel, for any activity, be prepared to pay a sizeable premium. Also, BJC Sportfishing - about half the price of other fishing gigs. We went fishing for mahi mahi instead of marlin, and we came back with two good-sized mahi and one smaller one, and we saw many of the boats coming back with nothing that day. We had a 26 ft boat to ourselves for $250, 5 hours, of course prices are subject to change. Downside, if you don't speak a little spanish, or at least try, the captains are limited English. I find that if you try to speak, the locals really appreciate it. Big time tip for fishing: We got the fish prepared at Griselda's in the Marina - the captain radioed ahead and there was a man with a cooler meeting up at the boat. He walked us to Griseldas, they fillet the fish, ($1.50 per pound) seal it, freeze it or smoke it (5.00 per pound - we really wished that we'd gotten more of our fish smoked - it is so freaking good that we can't believe it.) We picked it up the day before departure, Zoetry put it in the freezer for us, we put it in the box for sale at Griseldas and checked it at American Airlines. No issues except $40 for the additional "luggage." There was one extra line upon return in Customs, no big deal. We have 15 pounds of fillets and 5 pounds of smoked mahi mahi. One other activity, we went on the Thursday night jazz and art walk in San Jose del Cabo - ok, but many of the roads are under construction, and you're walking on dirt road. Don't wear nice shoes. The one jewelry store in San Jose del Cabo that did't have exactly the same thing as many others, is named Indirizzo (http://www.fireopalsinternational.com)The Sanchez family are unique, multi-generational, really amazing pieces. All the other patrons in the store were return customers. They bargain nicely. Last day, we rented a car (at the desk of Zoetry) for one day and took our own trip to Todos Santos, stopped at Los Cerritos beach on the way back. The car is delivered to the hotel, and you just drop it in the parking lot when you're done. We were really glad that we did that day. Now, things that we didn't expect in Cabo - the silver is WAY expensive. We got a silver and red coral ring in Todos Santos - he was asking $120, we got it for $50, and compared to eBay this was a reasonable price. The other thing about silver there - look not only for .925 mark, also look for the MEX or "Mexico" stamp - there are forgeries galore. I had also found a lovely and large oyster shell on the beach - highly opalescent, and we got it made into a silver and gold pendant downtown Cabo at a place called Marquina Jewelers downtown Cabo San Lucas, and it turned out beautifully, though I wish that I had tried to get a better price.

We will be back to Cabo, we will stay at Zoetry, and happy travels!

Room Tip: Main building, level 200.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Resort is pleasant enough, grounds are well kept, view is perfect. The rooms are perfectly fine but showing their age a bit—bathrooms especially could use an update. Spa massages were good, facials were average. Hotel has three whirlpools/hot tubs, none of them are hot.

Food is the worst part about this resort: All food at all meals and at all restaurants was completely bland and tasteless. It was presented well, but had no taste—a real let down. Drinks are good, as long as you order a tropical drink. Otherwise you may be disappointed.

Staff are all very pleasant, but not really trained well enough (except for Alberto at the Beach Bar who was exceptional). Would not recommend and will definitely not be returning.

Have also stayed at Las Ventanas & Capella, they were both far superior—but at least double the price. You get what you pay for.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in terms of view, they all face the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pampa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We absolutely loved this resort. We have been to Cabo several times and love the area, but this quaint hotel exceeded our expectations. The rooms are clean, well kept and right on the ocean. The all inclusive food and drinks are like none other that we have experienced. The staff were extremely helpful and pleasant and spoke good English. We did go to Dreams and Secrets for dinner a couple of times, but that was more out of curiosity than anything else. I also highly recommend the spa, our massages and facials were fabulous and the staff are very professional. This is the most relaxing vacation we have had in years and we will definately go back. It's not for the party goers...you will be disappointed...its for the ones that truly want to get away and regroup!

Room Tip: We stayed in the ocean front junior suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Spent 9 nights & 10 days here. It was perfect in every way. The service & the food is incredible. It's secluded, peaceful, romantic and absolutely beautiful!

We met so many nice people who were also on their honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary.

Stay here! You will not be sorry.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Zoetry Casa del Mar Los Cabos? Share your experiences!