“Nice for the Price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive

You added Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Mijares S/N | Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly Presidente Los Cabos Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #25 of 37 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
colorado
“Nice for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We took an Apple Vacation 3-nite hotel package including airport transfers. The grounds of the former El Presidente are beautiful, full of huge cacti surrounded by well kept grass. First level rooms have beautiful rope hammocks in front of each small patio. Our room was on the third floor with lovely view of the grounds and pools and ocean. Small with older furniture but clean and linens/ towels were fine. One pool was not available as it was being repaired. We chose the adult-only smaller pool, very quiet. Drinks were included. The beach was flat and beautiful white sand with no one on it; no swimming allowed at Cabo because of the riptides and strong undertows. Food was good but not great; two restaurants - one buffet and the other you make a reservation. The last night we were there, it was leftovers and very disappointing. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We had trouble contacting the Apple rep, who was not at the hotel. The concierge Raoul made several phone calls and finally confirmed our pickup on the last day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I certainly have to try one of those last minute deals like you slothful! And regarding your room, even though the ground floor Lanai rooms are great because you have direct access to the gardens and pools, I have to say that I really like the third floor balcony rooms too. Our gardeners do a great job at keeping the property beautiful, so having a bird's eye perspective makes you appreciate their work that much more.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First, the hotel. Desk service did take awhile, but the desk staff were nice, they just need at least one more person on the desk when they know they are going to have a bus full of guests coming in, or at least a manager to step in when a large crowd comes in....? It would make a great start to the stay at the hotel.

1.The rooms were clean. The only thing that was a problem with the room was the bed, not comfortable at all :( Great view from our rom. We were on the top floor and over looked the reserve.The grounds are very well kept, very clean.

2. Food was OK, I did not starve, thats for sure, there was always lots of food. Lunches were the best meal here. The snack bar was good, I loved the chicken burgers and the ice cream :) The dinner usually where we had our issues. A few times we didn't finish our meals at the themed restaurants that you had to make reservations for. The best one we had was the "California" Style. But the rest were not good, we ate a lot of chicken as the steak there wasn't very good, and there wasn't a appealing seafood selection. Breakfast was solid, nothing crazy. The omelette ladies were great, they did a really good job and were very nice.

3.Drinks....I didn't get many mix drinks as they are 2 sugary for me. I usually went for the white wine, which I enjoyed. There was a few issues with the service in the cantina, where they do the karaoke. The main issue was that they very sternly rushed you out of there 5-10 mins before closing time. I get that the bar staff want to get home, I see that some of them have very long shifts, but its not a very good look, and really upset a lot of the guests. Especially when they wouldn't make a drink when the bar was still open just because they had already started putting stuff away early. If your open till 12am, customers expect to be served till that time.

4. ENTERTAINMENT!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE ROCIO!!! She was great! Laying at the main pool and listening to her on the speaker was a highlight for sure! She was sooooo funny. I loved when she made fun of the loud drunks. She has a great personality. Great customer service skills. She remembered my name and always went out of her way to say hi and ask us how we were enjoying our trip. When we had questions she was there to help and point us in the right direction. SHE was the best part of the Holiday Inn!!!

This Hotel is a relaxing hotel, not a party hotel, though Los Cabos is only 30 mins away if you wanna do a crazy night out, just make sure you do a group bar hop tour with the hotel or go with a group to keep things safe and to make things fun!

This area of Mexico is the best I've been to so far. The weather is amazing, the beaches beautiful. Being able to see whales from the beach outside the hotel was awesome. Though you cannot swim that the beach at this hotel. This was no big deal for me as I do love the pool when I need a quick dip to cool off. We did do the snorkelling, glass bottom arc tour with a trip to lovers beach. It was a good, worth the price paid which we booked through sunwing. We got the little lunch which we had while we chilled on the beach after our little snorkel. I feel really bad that I forget the snorkelling guys name, but he was AWESOME! He was able to show us all kinds of stuff! I love to snorkel and that was defiantly the best snorkelling guide I've ever had. The guy that picked us up from the hotel and brought us back was "Choclate Daniel" he was so funny, and very nice. He took good care of us and made sure we got back to our hotel safe and sound. There were other Daniels with this tour as well and they were great, though we weren't with them for the most part.

One of our best meals was one in San Jose, I forget the name now but it was AMAZING, great staff, great food, great drinks, great price. A local suggested it to us after we did the art tour.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Santiago S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
It's never our intention to be a buzzkill Megan K, so I'm very sorry that you felt rushed out from the Cantina. Our amazing bartenders José Luis and Eliud just try to do a last call a little time before closing so they can make sure that everybody gets a last drink! Depending on the size of the crowd they have very good instincts and so that's why sometimes they ring the bell figuratively earlier than you'd expect. But you can most definitely get that one last drink right at midnight!
Prince George, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

After arriving from the airport by cab in the late afternoon, check-in was fairly fast and no line up (until we were almost finished). At check-in requested an upgrade to building 1 - ground floor. No problem – just had to wait a couple of days.
Excellent bell hops – Enriquez and Carlos helped us during our stay. Primarily dealt with Enriquez – a very personable and happy man. Both spoke English very well and both answered all our questions.
The upgraded room came with a patio, table and chairs and a hammock. Very nice.
The view was of the Adult Pool, beach and ocean. Awesome! There was also a small bar near this pool. The bartender, Alma, was a delight to converse with. She also spoke English very well and helped with Spanish whenever asked. This lady and the staff we met throughout the resort are what really makes this resort.

Because we really don’t care if we have a la carte or not (and in case we sleep past the a la carte register time) we took in the buffet whenever we dined at the resort, which was most of the time. The food was quite varied and had lots to please. The only downside was the foods that were supposed to be hot, seldom were.

Not far from the Holiday Inn, in San Jose del Cabo is a small restaurant called Me Esalada. The food here is fantastic and very reasonably priced – a nice alternative for a short walk (or very short cab ride).

Three days before the end of our visit a large group of youths, I believe from a college, arrived for a conference. I had heard that this conference was a “Hospitality Conference” but am not positive (and really find it hard to believe). For the next two nights the noise and frequency of this noise increased steadily and lasted all through each night while many of the conference attendees partied with no regard for their neighbours. Several other of our neighbours complained to the manager but the only thing done was to post security in the hallways during the night. They did stop the noise but only briefly each time before it started up again and again.
I had thought that the manager would have compensated all of us that complained but nothing ever came of it.
If I were ever to consider this hotel in the future I would first find out if there was to be any conference happening at the same time.

Room Tip: Bottom floor rooms have nice patio with table, 2 chairs and a hammock - all under shade roof and tre...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
I was actually one of the hallway monitors during those nights donpearl. I'm very sorry that our younger guests tampered with your up to then positive experience in the Hotel. We assigned several members of our staff to make sure that they didn't bother other people with noise, and I'm glad to report that they were actually very obedient. We weren't able to be omnipresent all the time (it's a very large property!), but we went through the experience almost unscathed. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you.
Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This hotel is in an excellant location, rooms were clean and comfortable, food was great and staff very friendly. There was always maintenance going on around the resort to keep the grounds looking wonderful.
The only recommendation I would have is that the room service dishes that are left outside the rooms be picked up sooner. We saw the same dishes outside rooms for 2 days before they were gone.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Santiago S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
We're very sorry for that sunsandsmiles! Room Service does three tours of the Hotel daily to pick up anything that's been left behind in the hallways. We'll reinforce that right away. It's excellent you had a great time! Hope to see you again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I have been the this hotel when it was the El Presidente before Holiday Inn took over. The landscaping has always been nice but the facilities in general are getting worn and not keep as spotless as before. Lawn chairs are covered in Bird poop. Room was nice, no problem with linens or bed. We had a balcony in Bldg 7, ocean view, overlooking what can be considered the kids pool just because of the play equipment that has been installed around it. Arrived on Monday at 4pm and our room was not ready. Went to the snack bar and had some lunch and a drink. Great food at the snack bar, just burgers and fish tacos, actually the best in the resort. Breakfast was good also. Dinners were just sufficient, could always find something. Tuesday the resort was nice and quiet and we had our choice of pools and not a problem finding a spot in the sun. Wednesday we took the city bus all around town, did some shopping and took another bus over to the new harbor and had a great meal at a restaurant named The Drunken Sailor, best meal of the trip. We got back to the hotel around 3 and wanted to jump in the pool but it seemed like a spring break group had just arrived and was just starting to party. The hotel had huge speakers by the pool and was serving drinks, I should say over-serving, and the music was so loud you couldn't talk. Our balcony was near this pool and even with the doors shut it was like we were right at the pool. Called the front desk and they said the music would be shut down at 9pm...I could have dealt with that but it kept going till 4am. Many calls to the front desk later got us no where. At 10 they said it would be shut down at midnight, at midnight it would be shut down at 3am. Lots of drunks kids in the pool. puking in the hallways, and I am sure peeing in the pool till 4am. They had moved the speakers 30 feet from next to the pool to the beach to continue the party at 9pm. At 1am called to request a room change to the other side of the hotel only to be hung up on. Needless to say we got no sleep and in the morning went to the front desk and was told the group was leaving at 9am. At 11 we noticed they were still there and the speakers had been moved back to poolside. We went back to the front desk at noon and asked that they move us as far away from there. We got a room in Bldg 1, not a balcony which we had paid for and needed to wait till 4pm to do it. Needless to say that was one day wasted on just recovering from the previous night and trying to make sure we would get some sleep before our travel day on Friday. Spent the day at the adult pool and Alma the bartender was nice. She was where I found out the group was not leaving as the front desk had said and I thank her for that. On Friday we noticed they were setting up for a different group with banners around the pool and also setting up an area on the beach near the snack bar. Looks like this resort is catering to conventions and drunken brawls instead of to the individual that just wants a quiet week. Would not recommend this hotel because of the staff, food is mediocre at best and the noise. Pick another resort. Will never book this place again no matter how good the deal is!

Room Tip: the quiet place is Bldg one and if you can get a room adult pool side even better.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Firstly goldcountry I have to sincerely apologize. Information to our guests is very important and in this instance we didn't update you correctly. For the period you're mentioning we had a large group in house. They were all students and we allocated all their activities to one of our pools, so they'd be isolated from the rest of the guests. Unfortunately we didn't relay this situation properly while you were visiting us too, I'm very sorry for any inconvenience this might've caused you during your stay.
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

ok, so here it is!!! After you get your luggage go directly outside to find the tourguide in charge of your transfer to Holiday Inn... Do not get suckered in to talking to anyone else, they want to offer you all kinds of deals to get you to visit their resorts, time share!!! They are very persistent! The ride to the resort was great, check in was smooth. Overall the food was ok, we always found something to eat. Breakfast was the best. it would be helpful if the front desk staff spoke better English but they tried very hard to be accomodating. The security was good. We would definetly stay there again if we could get the same room or close to it. Louis from Tripadvisor was the best. He knew all the in ands out and for sure saved us money. He was always at his place near the lobby early and was very patient.

Room Tip: If you want a more quiet room and you are without children, building six, main floor, garden view, i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
A no stress no hassle stay diane w! That's awesome. Those are very good recommendations that you're giving to future travelers. When you arrive to the airport there are many companies offering their services. You just need to make sure that you find the right person if you've already arranged for your transportation beforehand, otherwise you might end up with someone else and taking up valuable time from your well-earned vacations!
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a girls week in San Jose Del Cabo Holiday Inn and it was beautiful. The resort is kept very clean and the staff are wonderful, helpful and very nice. Raul was exceptionally great to us and it sure is nice to run into staff that remember you and always share an interest in what you are up to. To summarize the staff - we were well taken care of.
The estuary is right beside the resort which is a beautiful walk with tons of ducks, turtles and quite a variety of birds to look at. Very beautiful and extremely peaceful.
I have been to Cabo San Lucas 3 times and this was my first time staying in San Jose. What a beautiful city. I found it quite refreshing to be away from the hussel of Cabo San Lucas and the variety of goods to select from to purchase was really really nice. Definitely a nice artsy flare to the beautiful city.
I haven't been to Mexico in April before and found it really hot and really really hot sand.
Overall a great resort, family friendly, well worth it especially when you find a great deal like we did.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a balcony so you may want to check on an upgrade while booking your trip instead...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
It's great that you and your girlfriends Dorine01 had a good time in San Jose! Even though we're only half an hour apart from San Lucas, it's like you're entering a completely different place. The vibe in San Jose is more low-key and relaxed, so if that's what you're looking for then you're in for a treat! Thank you for your kind words and people like Raul are very interested to see that our guests have everything they need throughout their stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive? Share your experiences!