“A solid value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Mijares S/N | Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly Presidente Los Cabos Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Vancouver, Canada
“A solid value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This San Jose beach resort is ideal for families, couples or anyone who wants a more peaceful option from Cabo.
Tips for this all-incusive:
- outdoor dinner buffet on the beach - best dinner venue as long as they serve Mexican food. The a la carte venues that with more Westernized options is not worth it for value and flavour.
- the expanse and quiet of the beach is amazing, though water is apparently not swimmable (strong undertow, no lifeguard) - do not leave towels on loungers as they charge $35 per lost towel or towel card.
- great staff all around
- only main floor level rooms have balconies along with hammocks - all upper level rooms have no balconies
- worthwhile to rent a car starting $65/day (from resort) to explore Cabo, beaches along the corridor, and Todos Santos (90 min away)
- resort offers pub crawls to Cabo for $35pp from 8pm-2am
- in San Jose town, Shooters sports bar with rooftop patio has cheap beer + delicious chicken quesadillas
- worthwhile to walk around San Jose art district - galleries are expensive but unique and beautiful
- for best dinner out in San Jose: Tropicana Inn (has live music) or Tequila (great courtyard)

During Easter, this resort has a nice mix of visitors from around the world.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Santiago S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
You hit it right on the bullseye p3traveller with your Easter comment. It's one of our busiest periods and we get people from all over who want to come and enjoy the great fun under the sun in Cabos! You have a good eye for detail and it's interesting what you say about the Westernized food options. We want to offer Mexican food but sometimes the Mexican food our guests know is anything but, so our goal is to meet them halfway so you can leave with a sense that you've tasted the authentic local flavor.

2,009 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (445)
Havelock, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife, myself and my two brothers and spouses visited this resort for one week beginning March 15th. We stayed in the adult wing (we are in late 60's, early 70's). The resort is at the very end of the hotel zone at San Jose del Cabo ( 20 minutes from the airport) and, about 25 miles from Cabo San Lucas.

The resort grounds are clean and well maintained. The rooms were clean and, while we had no problems with our room (we left notes in Spanish to make requests for items), my one brother had a hand towel shortage.

The food was reasonably good and there was plenty of it. The beef can be a little tough and, the chicken looked a little under-cooked. You must sign up for the a la cartes each day at 10:00 am the morning (get there early to avoid lineups). One drawback at "The Esplanade" (buffet and a la carte) is that you eat outside. We found that even in mid March, the evening temperature can be cool especially with the breeze. Take a heavier sweater or jacket. Look for a waiter named Ricardo, treat him well and, you will be treated well also.

The beach is huge, in fact, perhaps too large. It was over 200 yards from the adult pool to the water. There was no ocean swimming on any day we were there as the surf was quite high. The pilapas were all up close to the resort and, there were not too many of them.

During the day, there were three pool bars open and, one at the snack bar. There was no lobby bar or lounge bar open until 500 pm. While we enjoyed laying around the pool, we would have liked a spot to go and relax much like the resorts in Cuba or Dominican Republic (open sided but, under roof) where you could read a book, have a drink, meet with friends etc....

All in all, it was a decent vacation. I would have preferred that the whole resort was situated closer to the ocean.

Room Tip: Older folks should take adult wing, ground floor. Leave little thank-you cards (in Spanish) and the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Funny story, after Wilma hit Cancun the winds moved a lot of sand from some Hotels to our property over there, making the beach even longer! So apparently it runs in the company that we have expansive beaches and have to walk a little bit more than usual to get to the water's edge. Me personally, I like to see the huge crushing waves from Caribeño, where you have a nice shade under the palapa and can enjoy snacks and drinks almost all day long. Best suggestion I can give you Norm W! And tell your brother sorry for the towels!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I thought being at an all-inclusive resort a person is safe. GUESS NOT!! My husband was sitting in the cantina enjoy some beverages with friends we met at the pool that afternoon. He went to the bathroom (which is down the hall) and on his way back to the table he got jumped. Two people jumped him and kicked him repeatedly. I was back at the motel room, when I got a phone call that my husband had been beat up and losing quite a bit of blood and I needed to come down to the lobby. I got dressed and was walking out the door when the front desk called and told me to hurry down to the lobby. When I was getting close a lady told me not to be mad at my husband because he did nothing wrong and that he got kicked alot. When I rounded the corner the ambulance was siting there waiting for me. They (medica) asked what hospital I want them to us take. It is a little overwhelming seeing your husband laying on stretcher.

A overnight stay, 13 stitches, very black and blue eye, lots of bruises, and blood loss and about $5000.00 later. All the holiday inn offered was money for a taxi ride back to hospital if needed. WOW
Someone gets hurt on my property and my insurance has to pay. Guess not at Holiday Inn in San Jose del Cabo.

Otherwise food was so-so. Maid did a good job. The ocean front lanei was worth it since we spent alot of time in the hammick.

I have been to several places in Mexico all-inclusive and non-inclusive, never thought I had to worry about this at all-inclusive. I thought they would watch out for their customers.

As to the two that beat my husband up-- I hope you made your mom, dad, girlfriend or wife proud of you. Carma is a [--] and I hope [--] like this happens to you someday. (Like on your 20th Anniversary) Thanks again for wrecking it for us.

P.s. to normal good people on vacation --- DON'T GET HURT AT THIS HOLIDAY INN CAUSE IT IS YOUR FAULT!!!!
Everyone that I told about this can't believe it happened at a Safe all-inclusive, and they didn't do anything to make this right with us.

• Stayed March 2013
I managed this situation personally oceanloversind. I was the Manager on Duty the day after the incident you described and the Hotel offered assistance to you and your husband, which you kindly declined. Whenever we have a situation like this we follow up, and both parties involved in a quarrel are advised that if such behaviour continues, the guests must leave the Hotel. We are truly sorry about this unfortunate situation but the Hotel did approach you as our guests to help.
Lowell, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I am sitting on my balcony of my room 1329 as I write this. All good things must come to an end they say. We leave this beautiful resort in the morning. I stayed here 3 days with a good friend and we couldn't be much happier. From Leonardo, David and Raul at the from desk to Francisco and the ladies at the lunch grill by the beach to Alma at the adult pool bar the staff truly makes you feel like you are the most important person here. The staff are ALL truly amazing and the reason I am planning a trip back in October with my husband and child. Yes it is not 5 star. It is an older hotel and could a little facelift. What it is a clean, friendly resort. Breakfast buffet is wonderful. Lunch was great. Have a cheeseburger and chips with cheese. Dinner Napa was good. Buffet was good, but it is outside. Going to the steakhouse tonight. Pools are wonderful. Adult pool fairly quiet on the end of the property. Ocean too rough to swim but you can go to Cabo to do that for a day trip. We only stayed three days so we only went local. Highly recommend for the price. 1100 rooms are quiet. 3rd floor have balconies, bottom have patios with hammocks. Feel free to message for more info. If the Grand type resorts are a must then no, you won't be happy. Good priced, customer service oriented place that's clean then for sure you won't be disappointed. We didn't hear one complaint the entire time. I don't want to leave in the morning!

Room Tip: Quiet by adult pool. Balcony 3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sorry I wasn't able to catch up with you damoore when you were still here! But from what I read our staff made sure you had a great time during your stay! We're not the flashiest Hotel in town (nor we intend to be, we're a no fuss property), but I firmly believe we have charm. And that comes from the people that I have the pleasure of working with every day, plus of course our amazing guests!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just returned from a wonderful trip and stay at the Holiday Inn. We are all different so we will all have our own opinions and that's ok. Do we all feel the same about a movie? Life is what you make of it, it's your responsibility to have fun and enjoy what you can with what you have. My suggestion to the hotel would be dinner reservations. When I was one morning they placed the table outside and the line was on the walkway ... perfect, nice flow and not a cluster. The next day it was in Napa, a mess, no flow and people in everyone's way that wanted to wait in line or just wanting to have breakfast. I said to the young man that it's worked much better outside he agreed and said yes tomorrow. The next day still inside, the young man not there however a woman. Flow it what it needs. If you are nice and say good morning with a smile it's amazing what you get in return. Oh and to the woman who flipped becasue she had a broken chair, find another one or just ask next time. My only pet peave, which has nothing to do with the hotel ... the beach it not your personal ashtray and/or trash can!!! Really people, do you do that at home? Take your butts and trash with you.

Room Tip: The rooms with hammock looked wonderful. We liked our room, building 2000 ... however only there to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gail48_10, I'm the young man (thank you for the compliment by the way!) who was there taking reservations! Usually it's inside Napa but you have a strong point when you say that it's not clear where the line should go so it winds up looking all messed up. While when it was outside it was very quick and simple and you even had the morning breeze now that days are warming up. So we'll definitely continue with that best practice!
Colton, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked ocean front lanai but ocean is to far away to see. Very clean and food is good enough for all inclusive. Do not get jumped while in the resort. Ambulance ride and 13 stiches cost me $4860.00 US dollars and had very serious injuries that still are being tended to 11 days later. Holiday Inn released suspects, so when I was released from hospital I had no one to press charges on and I am stuck with the bill and as of today they will not release any info to get me any money or take responsibility for the incident in there resort. You can bet if there was damage in that amount to there room things would have been handled differently.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I managed this situation personally JayH252. I was the Manager on Duty the day after the incident you described and the Hotel offered assistance to you, which you kindly declined. Whenever we have a situation like this we follow up, and both parties involved in a quarrel are advised that if such behaviour continues, the guests must leave the Hotel. However we cannot take responsibility for the actions of each and every one of our guests. We are obligated to handle these kinds of issues, and that we did do. We're very sorry about what happened.
Surrey, BC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We just got back from a week's stay at the Holiday Inn. The hotel is older and the rooms are okay, they are very clean but outdated. The bathrooms need some work, toilet and shower are in one room with a door, so it's very claustrophobic however, when we used the hospitality suite on the last day, that room was much nicer, the bathroom was beautiful although the shower didn't work well. We found that the staff were not very friendly and there was a huge language issue, it would have been nice if they could speak some english but many of the staff had no idea what we were saying. We did read the reviews about the food before choosing this hotel but thought that people were being too picky, that the food couldn't be that bad, but we were wrong...from day one, the food was noticeably bad, breakfast was the same everyday, with very little variety and very little selection. The toast, pancakes, and french toast was stone cold. The only good thing was the omelets, but the line up was very long to get one. Lunch was a just as bad at the buffet, the only decent thing to eat at the cantina was the tacos, although the line up was usually quite long. Dinner was okay, but the the selection was very limited, only about 10 items, no fruit and the desserts were not very good. The same food everyday, with just a different flavor. The chicken was rarely cooked, always a little pink in the middle. After the first day, we walked up to the Mega (Walmart) and purchased a cooler, liquor and some food, deciding that we would just make our own drinks because the liquor in the bottles that they were pouring was not actually the liquor on the label. Also, there was not enough staff at the bars, they also were not very friendly but that could be because they were always so busy. You had to stand in line to get a plastic cup for the self serve pop machine, they should have just had cups next to the machine. The beach towels were also a problem, when we went to hand in for new towels, they were always out of towels, more than once, we had to keep the same towels for a couple of days. The a-la-carte restaurants charge you for a "better" meal than what they are serving for the all-inclusive and after talking to many guests they said that it wasn't worth eating there, that the food at the buffet was the same unless you wanted to pay extra and even after paying extra the food was bad. The best thing about this resort, was the beach, it was beautiful and the best on the strip. The grounds were very nice, it's a 2 or 3 star resort with 4 star grounds. It is a decent place for kids, nice pools and a play area, the food would probably be okay for kids but not the best for adults. The town of San Jose is very quaint, clean, friendly and safe. Its a quick walk and there are many restaurants to choose from. If we were to return to the Holiday Inn, we would not take the all-inclusive package. We had the choice of staying at the Hola for $100 more each and we should have gone there, our friend stayed there and everything was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Just a couple of quick things kathiWSurrey_BC, we don't carry top shelf liquor brands but we most definitely do not fill up bottles with a different content. And there's absolutely no extra charge for the a la carte dinners. You just need to line up to make a reservation. There are surcharge items on the menu, but those are aside from the selection which is part of the all inclusive package. And I'm very sorry we weren't able to approach you during your stay because the issues you mention could've been easily solved, my personal apologies for that.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive? Share your experiences!