“Cabo 13” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Mijares S/N | Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly Presidente Los Cabos Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Greenwood, Wisconsin, United States
“Cabo 13”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Donot look at bad reviews the resort is great. We upgraded to ground floor rooms with ocean view we did this thru Raul he was he took care of all our needs .The resort grounds are flawless and just plain awesome .. Everyone was very friendly and did what ever to make stay great, Pool bartenders were super Paulina mixes a great drink!!!! Food was vey good always able to find something to eat snack bar has very good burgers a hot dogs.We will go back as soon as we can

Room Tip: we stayed in room 4010 ground floor by activities pool close to everything
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Santiago S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for the shout out to the snack bar Jenny K! I have to agree that the burgers, hot dogs, nachos, tacos, quesadillas, and ice cream there are really good! And I love the setting too right next to the beach and right in the middle of the property. I think I'll go for some fries now!

2,019 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This trip was highly anticipated by our family and it did not disappoint! We cannot say enough about this hotel and Los Cabos itself! The atmosphere, the service, the weather--all excellent. We will go back again!
The rooms are roomy with more than enough room for 2 people. Most of them have a king or 2 double beds, a sitting area that comes complete with a pullout couch and big beautiful windows or sliding doors. The service was excellent, always getting things for you promptly, whether its a waiter/waitresses, spa or maids, the service was aways rendered with a smile!
The food was very good. The selection wasn't great but it was authentic and tasty.
The atmosphere at the hotel was so serene, if you wanted to relax, you could without interuption, you could engage in the various activites if you wanted or you could lay at the beach and listen to those big beautiful waves come in.
I suggest to take the "Amazing Day" excursion.We purchased that trip and it was the perfect balance of touring, shopping and the catamaran boat was fun and wild!
Diego makes the best eggs for breakfast, and the boys at the beach bar, Francisco, Mario and Antonio served all their customers with a smile! The activity crew, Kevin and Rosito are very funny and entertaining!
The scenery around the hotel and in the small town of San Jose del Cabo, are incredible, it is so safe to walk around town, even at 11 pm! The locals there told us that it is completely safe there!
I cannot wait to plan my trip there for next January!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Santiago S, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
And we'll be waiting for the Fantini-Martin N family when you come back! You mention something very important about our location, safety. It's great that you can walk around at any time day or night, be it to the supermarket or to downtown San José, and you'll never have a problem. The area's very safe, it's one of the perks of our beautiful town. Glad to know you had an amazing stay!
Courtenay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This resort is good balue for the money. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The grounds were kept in beautiful condition. The activity pool`s skimmer was not working properly and therefore there was skim in the pool at times. The only complaint with the adult pool is there is no washroom close by. You either have to walk to your room or to the bathroom near the lobby, and tell me.....when one too many beers has been drunk, where does one go. I bet not too far. The bar tenders at the pools ( Alma and Liney) were very good and work very hard. The beach was beautiful for walking, whale watching and sun bathing, but not recommended for swimming. We had a one hour massage for $45.00 and felt wonderful when it was finished ( Highly Recommend). We had dinner out one evening at Habanero`s, just a 10 minute walk from the hotel, and it was terrific. Great steak and lobster. The food at the holiday inn was a bit of a let down. I don`t usually mind buffet, but quite often it was the same old thing, not too much variety. I don`t mind so much eating outside at night, but when it is cold, it is very uncomfortable. Another complaint about the food was it was always cold, occasionally the soup would be hot, and eggs that were made in the morning were hot, but everything else was sometime just luke warm. That would be my only major complaint. We went to the ala carte restaurants a few times, and not too thrilled with that either. Paid $20.00 extra for a New York Steak only for it to be full of grissle, sent it back and the second one was a bit better, but by no means worth the money. Huge dissapointment. We did two off site tours, Cabo San Lucas and Todo Santos. They were both good. The tour guides were both informative and pleasant. Overall this was a good holiday and it was priced right. Thank you to Raul for talking the time to respond to my room requests, for getting us what we asked for, and for welcoming us to the holiday inn.

Room Tip: Our room was 2304, it was quiet, good view of the beach and estuary from our balcony
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your insightful comments snow0598! Fun fact about the Hotel, as it was built 31 years ago, there were many things that weren't considered on the original plan. Over the years we've grown and refurbished many areas, but the restrooms for the adult pool are still an issue. Right now for example we're renovating the Kids' Club, moving it to the family pool. Next big project is where best to build the restrooms for Alma's pool. Hopefully I can report soon that they're done!
Hanford, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Every year for the past 10 years I have been going to this Hotel which is now the Holiday Inn Resort in San Jose Del Cabo...
It is the best place to relax at one of three beautiful pool, one of which is my favorite the activities pool where you can play volley ball, aerobic exercise, Bingo and much more... I look forward to my trip every year... and downtown Cabo is just a taxi drive away. The night times are fun at the Resort with all there different nightly activities and shows....
I simply love this place and the people that work there are now called my friends!
Janeen Nelson

calif

Room Tip: Ocean view is nice but i like looking over the actives pool
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
First of all nice pic with Rocio Janeen! And also welcome back! We're very happy that we can now proudly call ourselves your friends! I've only been here for a year but I get where you're coming from. Our staff is very friendly and there are many guests who come back year after year and we're always excited to see them. Now we're only 364 days away from your next visit!
westbank bc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The two of us spent the first 2 weeks of Febuary there and we had an amazing time.Take all the reviews with a grain of salt. For the price you definitely do well. The Resort is clean, friendly staff and for buffet eating we think they did well. If you don't like buffet food then don't stay at an all inclusive.
The location is fabulous with the estuary right there to walk into town. We saw alot of birds on our walks.
How wonderful is it to be at the adult pool which is private and look at the ocean and see breeching whales.
Our bathroom sink was barely draining and we had someone up to our room within 10 minutes- they do try very hard to look after their guests.
We both look forward to returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
And we all look forward to having you back winecountry11! I know I've expressed similar comments on other reviews, but it is quite mesmerizing to be in front of such natural wonders as the fauna in the estuary (the other day a crane was flying by and some black ducks were swimming around) and the whales. Whenever I'm walking around the Resort and I see that people are standing on the beach frozen I turn to the sea and if I'm lucky I get to see one of the hunchbacks jumping out from the water. Amazing!
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I'm still at this resort for a few more days but am laid up in bed with a likely food-borne illness. I can't say it's from eating here but I'm disappointed that I missed my all-day tour which was to include whale watching and won't likely be getting a refund. Our room maintenance has not been good. They missed us altogether yesterday and a few days we had no towels or face cloths. The same screw and dead bug have been under my vanity for days. The dining options aren't great with only one indoor dining on alternate evenings. Makes it uncomfortable when the evenings are cool. The buffet that's open without reservation is out close to the beach so can be very cold and can definitely lead to temperature abuse of the food. Hmm - I ate there a night before I began to feel poorly! Our room location was lovely with an ocean front lanai which had the cactus garden out front. It's sound proofing is awful as every noise from the hallway and adjoining room is like its in my room. Location with respect to San Jose was great.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean front lanai but definitely not one with an adjoining room as the sound through the d...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm very sorry to hear about this Vicki W. Firstly I'm sorry I didn't get to this review sooner as we could've reacted properly. It's too bad you weren't able to go to your whale tour, I know it's not any kind of consolation but we've had many recent whale sightings in front of the Hotel. I'll follow up with Housekeeping to investigate what happened with your room and regarding the dinner buffet even though it's on the outside we have a new buffet line with heaters so as to safeguard food temperature. Hope you're feeling better now!
Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

As far as getting what you pay for I think you get a bit more at this hotel. It is by no means a 5 star, or even a four star, but it's a very solid 3. Loved the fact every room has free WIFI !

As many of the reveiws state the food needs a bit of work but it's not terrible...there is just not a whole bunch of vareity compared to many resorts I've stayed at. They have the buffet inside all day then move it outside at night. I found this odd as did the rest of our party but perhaps just because the nights were a bit chilly this time of year, but personally I found it poorly lit and hard to see my food.

We upgraded to the oceanfront Lanai room and don't regret it for a moment. We watched whales jump out of the water from our paitio. Our kids played in the sand while I was watched them from our hammock. None of this would be possible in a regular "garden view" room.

There was 18 of us on the trip and all of us had a great time at the Holiday Inn. Don't expect a 5 star experience and you won't be disapionted. The staff were all great and the managment was accomadating to all our needs. If we went to Cabo on a budget I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a beachfront Lania rooms if possible. Building 7 is away from all the noise
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We're very happy you had a good time on your Lanai room babych44! As many of our reviewers have stated, we have the amazing Lanai rooms which are on the ground floor, have a roofed patio, and a hammock! And from this terrace you can walk out directly to the gardens and the pools depending on which building you're at. Must've been amazing to enjoy your day in the sun watching your kids (and the whales!) from your room.

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive? Share your experiences!