I stayed here on my recent trip to Cabo. Although past reviews seemed mixed, I would have to say that my stay here was very pleasant and worthy of an excellent review based on the quality of service and amenities provided by the all inclusive hotel. My less than stellar experience with the "time share" affiliate is not a reflection of my experience with the hotel itself.
The hotel is in the San Jose del Cabo area which is offset from Cabo San Lucas. In my opinion, this served as an advantage as I was looking for a nice beach to relax and lounge. If you are looking to go clubbing this hotel is not the best option although they do offer a night time shuttle(8 PM-1 AM) to Cabo San Lucas for 300 pesos per person round trip if two people are traveling. I opted to take a taxi to be more flexible which cost about 800 pesos roundtrip in the end and the taxi did wait for us on the return. Taxis are not the cheapest in Cabo San Gringo...ehh...Lucas.
The beach around the Holiday Inn is pristine! It's very clean with far less people than that of Cabo San Lucas. It offers the relaxation and peaceful environment that I was looking for. I also opted for a Ocean Front with Balcony Room which had a beautiful undisturbed view.
The food is definitely average here but I really did not have high expectations. It was definitely more than edible and enjoyable most of the time. I have to give major props to the entertainment staff at the resort. They work hard to keep the guests entertained during the dinner shows which I believe are offered nightly. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of entertainment offered.
The price was definitely right for the quality of room, food, drinks and service. I would absolutely recommend the resort for families or those looking for some peace and relaxation away from the party scene. If you want to party, drinks and bars are still plentiful on the resort. There is a cantina lounge where guests tend to flock too after the dinner shows end.
If you are looking to ride a horse on the beach with out having to arrange the activity you should be able to negotiate a 30 minute ride for about 250-300 pesos or less for two people with a group soliciting on the beach in front of the Holiday Inn. Not a bad price at all.
One negative note...
After checking in I was encountered by an individual providing me information on the resort. Although they did provide information, it seemed like the person was tied to some type of Time Share program within the hotel as they inclined us to attend an informational session to save on activities. I did attend the session the next morning which I was told would take 90 minutes max. It ended up taking about 2 hours of my time as the sales pitch got a little aggressive despite declining the offer several times. I ended up getting a Lands End Tour including transportation to Cabo San Lucas for $30 for two people by attending the session. Not really worth the savings in the end for what a little bit of research could have done for me. It would have been nice for the hotel to provide a little more details at check in on the restaurants and facilities provided by the hotel. I did not expect a full run down of this information at check in by the hotel staff but at least an informational packet on what restaurants are at the resort, times they are open and where snacks/drinks are available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, IHG, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive San Jose Del Cabo