Our overall impression of this resort was very good. The place was spotless. We stayed for a one week all inclusive and attempted an upgrade of the room. The cost quotedwas an additional $275 per night. That was a deal breaker because for a week, that would have been an extra $1650 plus taxes. So we put up with a second floor room with a garden view.As it was, Three of us paid a sum total of $2160 or $720 each. So to upgrade for that much was too steep for a hotel that was less than 60 % occupied.
One of the annoying aspects of our stay was the late arrival of guests after midnight and they roll their luggage past your room waking you up with the clackety clack of the wheels on the ceramic floor tiles.
Generally speaking, the beach was Ok but not too great for swimming. Forget about that nice moonlight walk with your sweetheart because the beach has lots of Horse plops. They do not clean up after the horses drop their bundles so you never know where or what you step in at night. I think the hotels should get together and insist that the beaches be cleaned of all this manure.
The other complaint I have is the smoking. You can smoke anywhere you want and we found it rather annoying that at games night for example, you end up leaving the games because the person sitting next to you lights up without concern for anyone else. Same went for the swimming pool, which beside being too cold,and no hot tub, you had to choose a spot away from smoking.For this reason alone, we probably will not go back to that resort.
Unlike what others have said about the time-share hawks, we were not bothered a single time during our stay.... great!
The tours sold at the hotel, you basically get what you pay for. Our experience with the city/snorkelling tour ws disappointing. The area was inundated with some kind of stinging jellyfish like Portugese Man-o-War.. We did however see some whales.
Overall, a good family resort without a swimming beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive San Jose Del Cabo