By reading other reviews, I know what to expect. This former Presidente Intercontinental, now Holiday Inn, resort is certainly not at all glitzy or the best of what Los Cabos has to offer. Head South a bit and you will find plenty of that, along with higher densitity, more noise and a higher price tag. We were happy with what we had. We got a complimentry upgraded room (request made by Cheap Caribean), We had a great ocean view, firm bed, large shower, though the bathroom itself was small, a little fridge, and bottled water each day. It was clean-not perfect-but clean.
The downfall is the food. Nothing was great. Every dessert was a disappointment. However, if you go in knowing this, then you won't be upset. We managed to find something at each meal to make us satisfied. If you are a "foodie"; don't go. If you look at food as a necessity to keep you alive, you will do fine.
The only activity offered at the resort that we joined in on was the morning bike ride. Unfortunatley the bikes were not so good-but we made the best of it. And you can only take them out with a guide. That was disappointing, as I thought we can use them as our transportation to get around. So a couple of mornings we went out at 9:30 to San Jose center, the marina, the organic garden, and such. It was always spirited and fun with our guide, KEVIN, who kept a good sense of humor about our bikes and getting into (and out of) construction zones from time to time. He was quite enjoyable.
I would recommend going kayaking and snorkleing with HITIDE. It is expensive, but worth it. We went to the Arches (Arco), which was beautiful in the morning, and not too crowded. I think the snorkleing at Chileno Bay & Santa Maria is better, but never having been to the Arches before, we decided to do that.
We plan to return to this same resort, but next time rent a car, go to more beachs & go horse bakriding in the moonlight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between a white sand beach and the Sierra de San Lazaro Mountains, Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos is truly "at one" with the environment. At or near the resort, you'll golf, play tennis, swim and ride horses while younger guests explore the Chiqui Kids Club. To expand your fun in the sun, Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo are minutes away. Two restaurants, one Buffet and one a la carte, room service, 6 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, IHG, Odigeo, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Los Cabos Hotel
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos Resort
- Intercontinental San Jose Del Cabo
- Los Cabos Presidente
- Presidente Cabo
- El Presidente Cabo
- Presidente Intercontinental Los Cabos All Inclusive Resort
- Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive San Jose Del Cabo