“Kites and turtles” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Blvd Mijares S/N | Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico (Formerly Presidente Los Cabos Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #27 of 39 hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Costa Mesa, California
“Kites and turtles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We've been to several all-inclusives. Some have been fancier but none have been more welcoming. This was our forth trip to the Holiday Inn in Cabo San Jose, previously the El Presidente. The fact that it is our forth visit and we are already planning the next one should tell you something. The rooms are comfortable and the food is great but in our opinion the resorts strongest feature is its staff. Led by Raul, one of the managers, they make you feel special. We have never encountered a frown. I would agree with some who say this is not a “nightlife” resort but that's not what it's intended to be. In some ways we feel like Matthew who posted that he wanted to keep the place a secret. :) Probably not going to happen though because we are already talking some of our friends into going to the resort with us in the near future and I'm sure the word will get around. :)
During this visit we flew some kites, yes, they are “kite friendly” and we participated in turtle camp. We really enjoyed the turtle camp experience. We also noted the numerous butterflies floating around the grounds. Speaking of the grounds, the desert landscaping is beautiful and meticulously kept. Folks have posted a lot of pictures of the resort. Take look at them and see if it isn't the kind of place you'd like to visit. Maybe we'll bump into each other at the El Caribeno, every one just calls it the palapa bar. If we do the first drinks on me :)

Room Tip: We didn't actually use the spa facilities. so I can't evaluate them. We like the Lanai room...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

1,982 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Booked this based on what I'd read here on tripadvisor and it was worth every penny. We needed a nice, calm, quiet vacation on a beach and that's exactly what we got. In a way, I'm sad that the resort is so quiet and empty. We spent hours on the beach every day and at the most, we'd see two other couples at any given time. Often, the chairs around the pools were completely empty. And it was great.

They'd had a flood, so when we checked in, we didn't get the requested rooms (beach lanai), but we had lanai rooms. THe problem was we were right beside the family pool. We'd requested the adult pool for a little extra quiet and that's where we wanted to hang out. Learned they'd had some flood damage with the recent tropical storms that went through, but they were happy to move us to rooms a little further from the music and with an ocean view.

Rooms were clean and quiet.

Food was good With the lower numbers in the resort, we had less buffet and more a la carte choices. Even at lunch, we'd often get an a la cart selection along with the salad bar which was nice. Didn't have a bad meal at the resort at all.

Found all of the staff to be extremely cheerful and efficient. They genuinely seem happy to be here and it shows in the little details around the resort. Would absolutely come back again. Loved the peace and quiet. Loved San Jose Del Cabo. Loved the entire vacation.

Room Tip: Music at the family pool can be a bit loud during the day so if you like that, book there, if you...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I almost want to give a lousy review just to keep people away, I want this place all to myself. LOL It WAS almost my own resort though, as I was there in low season. I had read a review that mentioned low season meant not enough staff to help, entertain, but I saw more staff walking around than guests. It was awesome. I had the adult pool all to myself most everyday with my own bartender. The grounds were amazingly landscaped, and maintained very well. The staff were very friendly, and most called me by name. I made sure I came with plenty of singles, as I tipped the wait staff every meal, bartenders after every day, and my cleaning lady. Cost me very little, and they sure appreciate it. Seeing how my iPhone is attached to my body, the free WiFi was abundant (even at the beach) and fast. An amazing touch, and hope other resorts follow. The food was good. I'm not going to say the food was great. I am a vegetarian and worried about the selection before I arrived. Although they did have a nice salad bar and a few vegetable dishes, there could have been a bigger selection for the non meat eaters at every meal, not just sporadically. I did have fish once or twice that tasted pretty good. I had a ground floor room with a hammock. The room was clean, quiet and everything worked. The bed was hard, but I got used to it. The resort is quiet. I LOVE IT. Now it was low season I know, but this place is the last resort on the strip, so not many people walking back and forth to and from their own hotels, so it seems the beach is just theirs, and it's right next to "Estero" which is like a big lagoon. It's beautiful! It's also just a short walk to downtown San Jose which is really convenient if you want something else to do while you're there. The resort offers free activities like Bike Tours and Scuba lesson that are a nice touch. This is a big place, so depending on where your room is, be prepared to do a lot of walking back and forth from room, to pool, to dining areas to wherever. Didn't bother me at all as I mentioned the grounds were amazing with dragonflies and butterflies flying all over the place that were nice to watch. I will be back for sure if I can find another great value that got me here in the first place. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This is last hotel of hotel line of San Jose. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly. Beach is quiet and you have a chance to relax with no people around. But you have to notice waves could be too strong to swim. Food and drinks are OK. Old city of San Jose is in 20-30 min walk or 5 dollars by taxi.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn, but we also did our research first! I knew going in that this was not a 5 star hotel, and did not expect that upon checkin. The service was awesome and so was the majority of the staff!

One complaint I do have is that upon checkin they did not have enough people on, a large line in a stuffy hot lobby with no a/c and young kids was not much fun. But other than that, things were pretty good.

We were a family travelling with 2 rooms, and when the one room started leaking too badly due to the rainfall, they were able to move all of us to a dry building and still have rooms close together. It was done very quickly as well.

The Napa buffet flooded so finding breakfast was a bit of a wander as they did not put signs up to notify you of the change, but toher than that they did very well dealing with all the excess water that fell in the 2 days... the whole town was flooded and the estuary got washed away.

The staff was awesome. Oscar took good care of us in the mornings for breakfast, the entertainment crew was a blast during the day. All of the service was great!

A nice place to take the kids as well, they spent all day in the pool, even in the rain!

Feel free to ask any questions, I don't want to end up with a book here :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our travel agent booked this resort for us, because we did not want a Spring Break crowd. We were un-aware of the distance Los Cabos is from Cabo San Lucas. It was a $70 roundtrip taxi expense every time we had to be in Cabo for dinner or an excursion. I wish someone would have informed us of this. (This has nothing to do with my review, just an FYI for first time Cabo travelers)

Our experience at this resort was awful. I am surprised the executives from Holiday Inn have not done a better job! First, the a/c in our room did not work, so we had to change rooms. It took 3 days of begging, before the staff moved us. Then the 2nd room's bathroom had some plumbing issues, and the smell made us nauseous. The 3rd room was fine....The resort was "dull" and the food was TERRIBLE! The only night I enjoyed my meal, was the one and only night the steak restaurant was open. One morning, I went to sit down on the bench, to wait for a taxi, and there was a used exposed needle sitting on the bench. It was disgusting! The staff laughed when I pointed it out to them.

What is most surprising, prior to our trip, I read all of the reviews for the resort. It is almost like they stayed somewhere else! This resort is not what I expected, and I will not recommend it to anyone I care about....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have read a lot of these reviews, and I completely disagree with some of these people that are dissing this place. Everything is decent here. The staff, the views, the rooms, the pools, the bars, everything!

The thing that impressed us the most was the architecure of the resort. Every angle looked more amazing than the next. It is older architecture, so it's not cookie cutter, with beautiful landscaping. Each time of day gave a different lighting, giving it a whole new look. We had a fantastic stay here. Thank you to all the staff! We will definately be back.

Jeff and Bianca
Woodland, CA

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive? Share your experiences!