I travelled to the Westin Cabo with my wife and one year old in March 2009. The hotel itself is spectacular. The hotel is designed to remind guest of the natural arches in Cabo and is quite an architectural wonder.
Check-in is quick and efficient with a complimentary drink. The resort is large so it may take at least 1 elevator (and maybe 2) to get to one's room. The rooms are well appointed, the beds very comfortable and each room has an ocean facing balcony. The bathrooms are nice with a separate tub and shower.
The fitness center is very nice and there is complimentary wifi in the public areas and near the pools.
The pools are very nice. There is one adults only pool with a swim-up bar, but the rest of the pools are kid friendly and there are a lot of kids. Unfortunately, there is only one "pure" kiddie pool but it is not heated and is located in a part of the resort that is almost always shaded so the water can be cool. There are plenty of poolside chairs, but, this hotel permits guest to "reserve" chairs so someguest will leave towels/books on choice seats by about 6am. Not really cool, but it happens. The beachside chairs are also nice. The beach is clean and beautiful. There are a number of rocky outcroppings which harbor neat tidepools. The hotel looks out over the Sea of Cortez and when we were there, we saw whales daily.
There are several restaurants that are overpriced but the quality of food is better than average. The breakfast buffet is quite good and a good value. The other nice touch is that every night between 6-8 they have a tequilla tasting with nachos and quesadillas as they show old Mexican movies on the side of the hotel. The sushi is good but a bit expensive.
The hotel is closer to San Jose del Cabo than Cabo San Lucas and SJC is the more "Mexican" of the two. We enjoyed it immensely. The hotel has a shuttle that goes to town for $10 per person RT, taking a taxi was 35-40 RT. There are great restaurants in SJC and it is only about 10-15 minutes away so it provides a nice break from the hotel.
The only facet of our stay that prevents me from giving the hotel 5 stars is the service is average to above average. I had to call 5 times in order to get a crib for our baby, 2 times for a high chair. For some reason, they didnt replace our towels so we can to call for fresh towels. And, the coffee for our in-room coffee machine was never replaced. Are these deal-breakers? No, but probably little things that would have made a small difference.
Security is not an issue here, we felt totally safe. And as a testament to this security (and the honesty of the employees), I accidentally left my camera on the hotel shuttle and had it returned to me within 1/2 hour. That was very nice and well appreciated.
In summary, I think this is a wonderful hotel to stay with one's family. The hotel itself, its perks, the ocean front rooms, the security, and the beach are really remarkable for the price. I would stay here on my next return to Cabo but would hope that the service would match the quality of the actual hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome at The WESTIN difference.Our Dedicated Staff will do the Utmost to be at your best and Feeling renewal. With the Goal of sending guest home feeling better than when they arrived, Westin has developed a wealth of refreshing signature products and invigorating sensory experiences.If there is anything you may need, just ask!Where the rugged desert meets the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez lies The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.A celebrated rendition of the Arch in Cabo San Lucas and nestled into the cliffs overlooking the intensely blue Sea of Cortez, this strikingly imagined resort offers both architectural majesty and a supremely relaxing vacation of renewal. The desert, the pacific and the sea of Cortez meet at the tip of Mexico’s Baja peninsula –Land’s End – a destination of sharp contracts echoed by the award-winning architecture of The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.Leave the world behind and step into our desert Oasis. Live the good life as the white sands and soothing surfwash your cares away.Awaiting your arrival are luxurious Ocean view rooms featuring the heavenly bed® a Westin Signature, a Private Beach, Three Pools, A full service Spa including Westin Workout® and Plenty of Sunshine.Choose from four distinguished restaurant, each offering it’s unique cuisine and atmosphere from the informality of the food and view of the beach at La Cascada and La playa or indulge at our fine dining El Ciruelo and Arrecifes our 4 diamond award Restaurant.As Leader in the Market Segment, Westin is an icon of high hospitality in Los Cabos. Stunning remarkable contemporary architecture and combining both our experience and intuition will help you to create personal and memorable events.Designed to provide the warmth of the Mexican culture with soothing colors, ocean views, oversized showers, private sitting areas on the balcony and an indoor sitting area, the rooms at The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos are an oasis that rejuvenate and replenish.A full menu of relaxation and recreation is always within reach, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Westin San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Westin
- Los Cabos Westin
- Club Regina Los Cabos
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo