We just got back from a week at the Westin Regina and had a great time. The Westin was a perfect base to explore Los Cabos. I think the key is to rent a car if you plan on staying here because it's isolated and the food options are uninspiring. We picked up a rental car near the airport and bought snacks and drinks at the Costco outside Cabo San Lucas so we didn't have to rely on the hotel for food during the day. Then each night we tried a new restaurant outside the hotel, which we loved doing. We had the b'fast buffet once and ordered lunch at the pool once -- both were fine but not something we wanted daily. The evening buffets looked nice, but with so many good restaurants nearby we never wanted to go to one of them. (Our fav. restaurants were Mi Casa, Mi Cucina and the excellent Charlie Trotter restaurant at the Pamilla).
We declined the timeshare pitch, but you can get some good freebees if you're willing to listen to them.
Pros: good room rates, beautiful views, lovely pools w/ nice chairs, large, comfortable room w/ great bed and bathroom. Cons: few dining options, hotel construction noise, small maintenance problems (a/c leaked, toilet ran, etc.) enormous hotel makes for lots of walking, $10/day gym fee, ocean is too rough for swimming at the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel
- Westin San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Westin
- Los Cabos Westin
- Club Regina Los Cabos
- Westin Cabo
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome at The WESTIN difference.Our Dedicated Staff will do the Utmost to be at your best and Feeling renewal. With the Goal of sending guest home feeling better than when they arrived, Westin has developed a wealth of refreshing signature products and invigorating sensory experiences.If there is anything you may need, just ask!Where the rugged desert meets the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez lies The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.A celebrated rendition of the Arch in Cabo San Lucas and nestled into the cliffs overlooking the intensely blue Sea of Cortez, this strikingly imagined resort offers both architectural majesty and a supremely relaxing vacation of renewal. The desert, the pacific and the sea of Cortez meet at the tip of Mexico’s Baja peninsula –Land’s End – a destination of sharp contracts echoed by the award-winning architecture of The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.Leave the world behind and step into our desert Oasis. Live the good life as the white sands and soothing surfwash your cares away.Awaiting your arrival are luxurious Ocean view rooms featuring the heavenly bed® a Westin Signature, a Private Beach, Three Pools, A full service Spa including Westin Workout® and Plenty of Sunshine.Choose from four distinguished restaurant, each offering it’s unique cuisine and atmosphere from the informality of the food and view of the beach at La Cascada and La playa or indulge at our fine dining El Ciruelo and Arrecifes our 4 diamond award Restaurant.As Leader in the Market Segment, Westin is an icon of high hospitality in Los Cabos. Stunning remarkable contemporary architecture and combining both our experience and intuition will help you to create personal and memorable events.Designed to provide the warmth of the Mexican culture with soothing colors, ocean views, oversized showers, private sitting areas on the balcony and an indoor sitting area, the rooms at The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos are an oasis that rejuvenate and replenish.A full menu of relaxation and recreation is always within reach, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookIt.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Media 8, Inc., HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.