The hotel looks nice when viewing photos of various parts of the property on the Westin website. However, upon up close inspection, it appears that the hotel is a bit dated given the art deco feel of the hotel grounds. Yes, I dug the bright colors and multiple pools throughout the property but something just isn't right from a craftsmanship standpoint.
Aside from the exterior, the hotel interior is better. The room is decorated in typical Westin-fashion e.g. Heavenly bed, dual shower heads, and modern lighting. There is a bit of southwestern flare in some of the paintings that adorn the walls but nothing that will wow you upon your arrival.
The staff are extremely helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to ensure that my wife and I were comfortable. The drinks are a bit pricey so be surprised when the 2x1 Cabo Sunrise sets you back 155 pesos. Perhaps the other readers were right by recommending that you spend the extra money and go the all-inclusive route. I don't get the impression that this hotel is for young twenty-somethings. While this may be a plus for some, most of the guests were older or had children present so don't think you're going to stay at a happening spring breaker hotel.
From a food perspective, the La Playa restaurant had great food. The chicken nachos are a must try and are what I consider to be a great deal for the price (around 195 pesos)
All in all, if you are looking for a decent place to relax, whether beachfront or poolside, this hotel will suffice. However, don't expect a super modern hotel either. Oh yeah, internet access is $15 USD per day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome at The WESTIN difference.Our Dedicated Staff will do the Utmost to be at your best and Feeling renewal. With the Goal of sending guest home feeling better than when they arrived, Westin has developed a wealth of refreshing signature products and invigorating sensory experiences.If there is anything you may need, just ask!Where the rugged desert meets the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez lies The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.A celebrated rendition of the Arch in Cabo San Lucas and nestled into the cliffs overlooking the intensely blue Sea of Cortez, this strikingly imagined resort offers both architectural majesty and a supremely relaxing vacation of renewal. The desert, the pacific and the sea of Cortez meet at the tip of Mexico’s Baja peninsula –Land’s End – a destination of sharp contracts echoed by the award-winning architecture of The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.Leave the world behind and step into our desert Oasis. Live the good life as the white sands and soothing surfwash your cares away.Awaiting your arrival are luxurious Ocean view rooms featuring the heavenly bed® a Westin Signature, a Private Beach, Three Pools, A full service Spa including Westin Workout® and Plenty of Sunshine.Choose from four distinguished restaurant, each offering it’s unique cuisine and atmosphere from the informality of the food and view of the beach at La Cascada and La playa or indulge at our fine dining El Ciruelo and Arrecifes our 4 diamond award Restaurant.As Leader in the Market Segment, Westin is an icon of high hospitality in Los Cabos. Stunning remarkable contemporary architecture and combining both our experience and intuition will help you to create personal and memorable events.Designed to provide the warmth of the Mexican culture with soothing colors, ocean views, oversized showers, private sitting areas on the balcony and an indoor sitting area, the rooms at The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos are an oasis that rejuvenate and replenish.A full menu of relaxation and recreation is always within reach, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Westin San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Westin
- Los Cabos Westin
- Club Regina Los Cabos
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo