My family of 6 stayed at the Westin over the Thanksgiving holiday. Family vacations are very precious with 3 of our 4 kids off in college so I was hoping for a spectacular time with my family. While the property itself is stunning and has many great amenities, it does not make up for the terrible service that we experienced during our stay. With Platinum status with SPG, we had hoped for an upgrade for both of our rooms but would have been fine if they could not accommodate our request. The mess that happened with our two rooms was inexcusable. Having to move rooms twice during a 6 night stay is outrageous. While the front desk manager tried to make it right, the beginning of our vacation was already ruined. It was going to be hard for them to recover.
And then the rude service that we encountered from the bar staff, and the waiters at the main restaurant and the sports bar didn't help the situation. They were slow, appeared to be annoyed by our presence and couldn't care less about our dining experience. One night in the sports bar my daughter asked if they had pasta with marinara sauce. It wasn't on the menu but she asked. The waiter said they did have pasta with red sauce. After waiting at least 30 minutes, the waiter brought pasta with red sauce and cheese baked all thoughout the dish. My daughter is lactose intolerant and pointed this out the the waiter and asked if she could get it fixed to the pasta with marinara she had asked for. He was rude, told her that they always make it with cheese and indicated that we might have to pay for the dish with the cheese. My daughter was almost in tears because how poorly the waiter handled this situation. We also attempted to have dinner at their fancier restaurant Arrecifes. But when my kids saw that the menu only had 3 entrees to choose from and only 6 total itmes on the enitee menue, we had to leave for the main restaurant which at least had more choices.
But the beach restaurant, La Playa, is the exception. The service there was always great and the food consistently good. The rooms are all very nice with great bathrooms. The pool area is beautiful and we very much enjoyed the beach too. And having access to the Royal Beach Club lounge was a real plus that we took advantage of. The grounds are beautifully maintained and the architecture of the resort is stunning.
Ultimately we did have a great family vacation despite the terrible service that we encountered. But we will never stay at this resort again. No reason to go back when there are so many other options in the area. I do highly recommend renting a car for your stay in Cabo. This gives you the freedom to explore the area and the restaurants instead of being stuck at a resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome at The WESTIN difference.Our Dedicated Staff will do the Utmost to be at your best and Feeling renewal. With the Goal of sending guest home feeling better than when they arrived, Westin has developed a wealth of refreshing signature products and invigorating sensory experiences.If there is anything you may need, just ask!Where the rugged desert meets the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez lies The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.A celebrated rendition of the Arch in Cabo San Lucas and nestled into the cliffs overlooking the intensely blue Sea of Cortez, this strikingly imagined resort offers both architectural majesty and a supremely relaxing vacation of renewal. The desert, the pacific and the sea of Cortez meet at the tip of Mexico’s Baja peninsula –Land’s End – a destination of sharp contracts echoed by the award-winning architecture of The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos.Leave the world behind and step into our desert Oasis. Live the good life as the white sands and soothing surfwash your cares away.Awaiting your arrival are luxurious Ocean view rooms featuring the heavenly bed® a Westin Signature, a Private Beach, Three Pools, A full service Spa including Westin Workout® and Plenty of Sunshine.Choose from four distinguished restaurant, each offering it’s unique cuisine and atmosphere from the informality of the food and view of the beach at La Cascada and La playa or indulge at our fine dining El Ciruelo and Arrecifes our 4 diamond award Restaurant.As Leader in the Market Segment, Westin is an icon of high hospitality in Los Cabos. Stunning remarkable contemporary architecture and combining both our experience and intuition will help you to create personal and memorable events.Designed to provide the warmth of the Mexican culture with soothing colors, ocean views, oversized showers, private sitting areas on the balcony and an indoor sitting area, the rooms at The Westin Resort & Spa, Los Cabos are an oasis that rejuvenate and replenish.A full menu of relaxation and recreation is always within reach, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Resort And Spa Los Cabos
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Westin San Jose Del Cabo
- San Jose Del Cabo Westin
- Los Cabos Westin
- Club Regina Los Cabos
- Westin Resort & Spa Los Cabos San Jose Del Cabo