We just completed our second stay at Alegranza on Saturday, March 16th, and I would once again say that it was amazing. We had such a good experience last year at Alegranza that we asked friends if they would like to travel with us to SJDC this year, and they agreed. Our family travelled as a group of five this year, and were upgraded from a standard three bedroom unit to a penthouse, which was very generous. The penthouse included a rooftop terrace with hot tub, BBQ area, and large seating areas, some shaded, and some in the sun. Views from the terrace were amazing, and we were able to see whales from our main terrace, and the rooftop terrace.
The unit we stayed in was extremely clean, and well stocked with all the standard amenities (toilet paper, Kleenex, dishwasher soap, dish soap, beach towels, bath towels, etc.). Each bedroom had its own bath with shower, and one master bath had a tub as well. The grounds at Alegranza are very well kept; pools are cleaned out each morning, grass is well manicured, even the flower blossoms are swept up from the grass. There are three pools (as others have said, the middle one is heated, but the others are very nice if the day gets really hot and you want a refreshing dip), two large hot tubs, fire pits, a nicely equipped little gym (which seems to be rarely used), tennis courts, an onsite restaurant, and more. Really, Alegranza offers everything that you would want in a condo accommodation. Our only suggestion would be to provide a few more plastic tableware items in the units, as we were concerned that some of the pottery dishes and glassware might be dropped and break on the floor or terrace.
Having the concierge service is wonderful. I stopped in many times to ask Lucy or one of the other concierge staff questions about restaurant recommendations, directions, etc. Any question we had was dealt with quickly and efficiently, in a friendly manner, and all of the staff in the concierge office speak English very well.
While many of the units were full, the complex is very quiet, and you never had to wait for a lounger by the pool, even in the middle of the afternoon. Alegranza is quite close to a Mega for groceries, and there are also a Walmart and Costco within reasonable distance (you require a car, or taxi/bus to go to the Costco). Lots of places to eat within walking distance, just ask Lucy for suggestions (we had a great time at a restaurant she recommended), but we ate most of our meals at our condo, since we had BBQ’s and so on right at our units.
If you are looking for a quiet place to stay, you should give Alegranza a try. Javier and the staff will try to make your vacation a memorable one.
- Also Known As:
- Alegranza Hotel
- Alegranza Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Alegranza Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alegranza Residential Resort is an exclusive community located on the serene residential golf course of San Jose del Cabo, one of the best places to vacation in Mexico, within walking distance to the beach and the historic downtown, where the best restaurants in Cabo and shopping can be found.From its hilltop location Alegranza dominates the entire San Jose Bay, from Punta Gorda to Palmilla, offering you magnificent unobstructed views to the Sea of Cortez, the best fairways and golf in Cabo, the estuary, the Puerto Los Cabos marina and the desert.Carefully designed by Carlos Herrera, the architect who built Las Ventanas villas, widely acclaimed for his tasteful Mexican touch, Alegranza is a celebration of splendid scenes, fresh sea breezes, incomparable location and architecture that will please your senses.This architectural masterpiece is the result of a detailed analysis of the most discerning clients’ needs, where comfort, open spaces, quality features and high-end finishes, perfectly harmonize with class, elegance and Mexican charm ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Alegranza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.