“Not bad” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Meson Del Angel

Meson Del Angel
Zaragoza 222 E/ Degollado y Guerrero | Centro Historico, San Jose del Cabo 23400, Mexico
624-142-2828
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

Great Mojitas, beautiful restaurant. Food was very good but not great. Very good prices and nice service.

Lone Tree, Colorado
“Blueberry Mojitos! YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

We stopped in during the "art walk" on Thursday afternoon to check out the Blueberry Mojitos that so many reviewers had mentioned. Alberto was there and made us some. We were not hungry yet so did not eat anything so I can't comment on the food. Alberto was truly friendly and professional. We are going to make the Blueberry Mojitos for our friends!

phoenix
“I Love Meson Del Angel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2009

On our recent trip to San Jose Del Cabo my husband and I ate at Meson Del Angel twice.
After reading reviews on Trip Advisor, we knew we just had to try it and we were not
disappointed. We so enjoyed our first experience there that we returned a second time and brought friends with us.

The courtyard dining area was beautiful with plants, flowers and Mexican paintings on
the walls. The decor was rustic and very well done. The ladies room was the cleanest
I had experienced in SJDC and had little touches like a decorative soap dispenser and
beautiful mirrors. The ambience was romantic and I just loved everything about Meson
Del Angel.

Hector and Alberto were very attentive and entertaining. Alberto muddled mojitos at our
table and Hector displayed a great sense of humor. The mojitos were excellent and it
was fun watching Alberto make them. We tried the traditional, blueberry basil and the
citrus tequila mojitos and they were all excellent and at a good price.

We loved the chips served with bean dip and roasted habernero salsa. The salsa was
quite hot, but very good. My husband ordered the marinated octopus and said that it
was excellent - very tender. I ordered the flounder in the creamy basil sauce and my
husband had the lamb shank on our first visit. Both entrees were excellent and were
served with grilled vegetables and rice. I loved those grilled veggies!

On our second visit I ordered the flounder with the ajillo sauce and my husband had the
flank steak. Both were done to perfection and very tasty. Our friends had the pork in the
chocolate sauce and flounder in creamy basil sauce. They also thoroughly enjoyed their
meals.

We all felt that Meson Del Angel was the best restaurant we ate at in San Jose Del Cabo.
The value and quality of the meals were the best we encountered during our stay in
SJDC. We will definitely be back and we highly recommend Meson Del Angel. Thank
you Hector and Alberto for a truly enjoyable dining experience!

Riverside CA
“Great drinks made at your table”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We went here on the recommendation of our resort concierge. They make muddled drinks at your table. I don't like Mojoitos that I've had here in the states but theirs are wonderful. They gave us a plater with tortilla chips a side of flavorful refries beans and a great salsa as soon as we were seated. We tried the fondito which is not like fondue but is very good. My friend had fajitas & loved them. I had pork loin with vegetables in a chocolate sauce. It was ok; flavors mixed well but I like my meat to be very tender and this wasn't. Service is very friendly. I will go here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Denison, Iowa
“Fabulous food, reasonable prices, and drop dead great Mojitos!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

Our resort concierge recommended Meson del Angel to us on our first day. He said that Alberto started out at the famous Tropicana, and that he makes the best mojitos in Mexico. He wasn't wrong--we absolutely loved this beautiful open air courtyard restaurant. The service was great, and it was so much fun to have Alberto table side prepare fabulous citrus mojitos first, then the blueberry basil (sounds weird, but they were awesome). Our meal was approximately $50 each couple, including drinks and tip--you could never get this quality of food and drink in the US for that low of a price--we will definitely go back next time we're in San Jose del Cabo.