“Perfect! Exquisite meal! Applause for voila!” 5 of 5 stars

+52 624 130 7569
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French, Mexican, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Located in the heart of San Jose del Cabo's Historic Art District. Voila serves award winning Mexican cuisine with a French twist. Featuring our world famous lobster burrito, fresh catch of the day, steaks and more. Open for lunch and dinner, full bar, indoor and patio. Ongoing special events and live music Thursdays and Fridays
Vail,CO
“Perfect! Exquisite meal! Applause for voila!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I can't say enough about this meal! Is is my new favorite restaurant. If you haven't been here, RUN to try it! I'm sorry I've spent years in the dark, and not eating the sublime food at this place. Roberto is a masterful chef who has trained his kitchen staff well. The front of the house is attentive and knowledgeable as they should be in a fine establishment. They, along with Roberto, made us feel very welcome. And what incredible atmosphere to enhance this delicious food! Dine under the stars, among torches, candles, and decorative lights, in a delightful courtyard, within an art gallery. This was nothing short of a perfect dining experience. I can't wait to go back. Have the nut encrusted sea bass, peppered prawns, voila salad, squash blossom/ mushroom Napoleon. You will be saying "mmmm" all the way through and then finish it off with the chocolate bomb in vanilla sauce!! No dieting here! The people in the next table were ordering their dishes plain grilled with plain rice and vegetables- the kitchen was happy to accommodate them. I was hoping it was due to some nasty food allergies and not because they were scared. But I thought it was noteworthy to mention to show how willing to please the customer they are at this restaurant. Anyone who is a foodie and likes 5 star dining will be giving applause to voila!

cabotip, Owner at Voila Bistro, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Hola Brett,
I sure was a pleasure talking with you on your visit to Voilá. I am very happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience , and what a great review you posted. Muchas gracias.

93% Recommend
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“local art night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

we wandered amongst the galleries and ended up here for dinner. it was packed and when i asked the owner who seated us if we were interrupting a private party he explained that he displays art for the local expats on tue. nights, as thursday's art walk is so busy with tourists. my husband had stuffed halibut with risotto which was delicious and my prawn empanada was o.k., it didn't really matter as the dining experience was so much fun. as i waited for my meal, i went into the store next door, "casa pauline" and could have bought most of what i saw there! friendly staff, enjoyed the displayed photographs, fun to see the local expats visiting. i'd go back!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cabotip, Owner at Voila Bistro, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for your visit and for your review. Knowing that your husband enjoys fisihing and dining, it was a very good compliment. Hasta pronto!!!!
Park City, Utah
“Glad we ignored the staff at Grand Mayan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Based upon some reviews in TA, as well as a quick glance at the restaurant while walking through the art district of San Jose del Cabos, we had decided to head to Voila Bistro for dinner. As we were walking out of the Grand Mayan hotel we spoke briefly with one of the staff, who tried to talk us into a couple of other restaurants...basically dismissing Voila. We stuck to our initial plans, and are we ever glad we did!!! As others have experienced at this time of year, the restaurant was quiet...only two other tables with guests. We were greeted warmly by Roberto and seated at a quiet table for two in the courtyard. It was a beautiful evening, with the stars and palm trees above and a perfect tropical evening for eating outdoors. My sweetheart started out with a mango margarita while I had a glass of malbec off the 'wines by the glass' list...and it was excellent! I started with the Voila salad...very fresh, beautifully presented, and with a very intriguing dressing...I'd highly recommend it! We both ordered the "World Famous Lobster Burrito"...and it justifies it's name! Absolutely delicious is all I can say. It was more than I could eat at one seating...wish I'd thought to take half of it back to the hotel for breakfast the next morning! Wish I could comment on the desserts, but didn't have room to even consider the possibility. We enjoyed the restaurant so much that we recommended it to several folks around the pool the next day. If you are in town, don't miss this gem...we will definitely be back on our next visit.

cabotip, Owner at Voila Bistro, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We are also glad you trusted your instincts and decided to give us a try, for which you were totally pleased. That is sometimes a problem with hotel staff when they put their interests above their guest´s, and actually do a disservice to them, by reffering them to establishments where they collect commisions. We honestly do not play that way.
We are happy you enjoyed your experience at Voilá, and look forward in serving you again.
Seattle, Washington
“Best Restaurant in the Cabo area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Voila Bistro is located in a beautiful courtyard surrounded by art galleries and shops in downtown San Jose. My boyfriend and I ate here twice because it was THAT good. Both times we were the only people in the restaurant which was very surprising because it was by far our favorite restaurant (we ate at about 7 different restaurants including Manuel Del Angel). I am guessing it may be a slow time for them because of the construction that is currently being done on the road that the restaurant is on???

The margaritas are amazing (I recommend the jalapeno margarita) and the seafood (sea bass and a lobster burrito the first time and halibut and shrimp the second time) was fresh and delicious. Prices are completely reasonable (about $100 for drinks, appetizer, two entrees, and dessert!) and I wish we would have eaten there every night. The staff was beyond friendly and I think that everyone who stays in the Cabo area needs to eat here at least once :)

• Visited November 2012
cabotip, Owner at Voila Bistro, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We at Voilá thank you for the great review regarding your experience. You are right about the street work, it has affected business greatly, but I am happy to mention that work has progressed quite considerably and we are now receiving a steady flow of patrons.
Thanks again for you comments and hope to see you again in the near future.
Austin, Texas
“Awesome lunch and drinks in a beautiful courtyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic lunch at Volia.
We went on a Tuesday afternoon in November, and surprisingly, the place was empty.
We had the whole place to ourselves.
Our bartender/waiter was prompt and courteous.
My wife had a glass of wine, and I had a margarita. The margarita was fantastic. Freshly squeezed limes, with some chili salt on the rim, served in a beautiful multi-colored glass.
For lunch, we both had the lobster burrito. It was delicious! A huge flour tortilla, stuffed with lobster, avocado, mango, peppers, cabbage. And a side of habanero chili sauce that had just the right amount of kick.
Also came with rice and black beans.
Simply delicious. And it was huge, so there was no way we were leaving hungry.

The space is beautiful as well. An outdoor courtyard, with lots of plants and interesting architectural details.

Great service, food, and drinks in a beautiful setting. A perfect lunch.
We would definitely return.

cabotip, Owner at Voila Bistro, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments, but especially for your visit. We at Voila are glad that you had a wonderful experience and hope to see you when you come back to San Jose del Cabo.