“The whole enchelada (except it was tacos)” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 363 Restaurants in Cabo San Lucas
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
Toronto, Canada
“The whole enchelada (except it was tacos)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was here again in March 2013 on my yearly vacation visit to this great country. This is only the second time I've been to Gordo Lele's for a meal and it is now officially a tradition.
I went with my family of 7 hungry travellers in Cabo and although we had to wait outside for about 10 min. (because the place can only hold about 20 people tops) we did have beer while watching the street (brought to us by a volunteer patron).
I love the simple and fresh tacos at this place. The embiance is real and the prices are outrageously low.
Plus we don't have to sing for our supper, because the owner does with our supper. Javier sings Beatles (and possibly Elvis tunes I'm told) for about 10 min every so often. Great fun.

I would suggest that you haven't received the whole Cabo San Lucas experience unless you visit and eat at Gordo Lele's for lunch at least once on your visit.

-Andrew (from Hamilton, ON)

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Allentown, PA
“Winner of Our Taco Quest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This place rules. If you're a fan of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, you absolutely need to get in this place.

We spent Wednesday afternoon and hit four places trying to find the best taco in Cabo. We hit three more joints on Friday night. We got a few tacos and a drink in each place. Our hunt hit restaurants, taco stands, bars, and this one wonderful little dive called Gordo's.

This is a tiny little dive. It seats about 20 people so you may have to wait a while if you don't time it well. One example to show what a true dive this is: for beverages they serve Presidente beer in Solo cups, soda or bottled water. That's it. No wine; no margarita; no shots. Wow, this guy is awesome!

Gordo cooks all of the tacos in the back. He has a few other guys walking around the place taking orders. Tacos: The menu is limited to various kinds of tacos. We had six people in our party and got a bunch of different kinds. I tried the beef, chicken, and shrimp. I would highly recommend the shrimp but every one I tasted I loved.

Then Gordo comes out, puts on a wig, hits his boom box, and belts out toons of the Beetles and Rolling Stones.

Dive bar, best tacos we found, and entertainment for dirt cheap. Run don't walk!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Midwest
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I have been eating at Gordo's with my family for years!! Every year we go to Cabo it is always a stop on the first day for lunch or a late afternoon snack...and then again for lunch at least 2 other days while we are there! His carne asada tacos are amazing! Gordo is a sweetheart and we love listening to him serenade us with The Beatles. Can't wait to return!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun place and the best tacos in cabo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

What an experience! So much fun. You can't help fall in love with Gordo LeLe and the tacos are excellent too.

Denver, Colorado
“you won't believe this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

They don't make many places like this in the USA anymore. It is about 10x12 feet and the walls are plastered with old Beatles memorabilia and a pair of mittens from Canada. Gordo Lele is gordo and he is making the food. It's like some kind of space capsule in there. The tacos are amazing!!! I got the shrimp and the carnitas. I have eaten lots of food in my life and so I like to play the game "What Makes This So Good?" I did not figure it out. Ingredients, love, and a lack of fear of fat may be part of it. I mean these tacos are not like the best tacos you can get in the southwestern USA. They are just better than that. People kept coming in (obviously after reading similar reviews here) and they look around quizzically kind of trying to put together the reviews with the actual ambiance. It's weird but stick with it. Order some tacos. Eat them. The next day (or the next week) you will think about them like a kiss on a railway platform.

Visited March 2013