“Great tacos in a shack in Cabo San Lucas” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great tacos in a shack in Cabo San Lucas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This little taco shop is worth the effort to find in the back streets near the marina. Pollo, chorizo or carne asada tacos are only 20 pesos each and are quite tasty and filling. The star of the meal for us, though, were the shrimp tacos. The shrimp are soooo good and the sauce and fixings were the perfect accompaniment! Throw in a cold cerveza and you've got a great lunch!!

The only drawback is that it is definitely a shack, with Beatles paraphernalia covering the walls and hanging from the ceiling, though I think it adds to the experience with the owner waiting on you hand and foot.

A must visit if in Cabo for multiple days and looking for some non-tourist tacos!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bullhead CIty, AZ
“I suppose Gordo's is a Baja legend, but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Well, we were not as impressed as the rest of the TripAdvisor crowd. Javier does a decent but not great torta and taco. The main attraction is the fact that Javier does in fact sing and that makes it kinda fun, but the overall experience was not what we envisioned. I have to say, wife wife and I were split on the food quality; I thought the tortas were pretty good, she hated them because the carne asada on her's was "dry and tough"; I thought mine with ham, cheese and mexican sausage (sort of like but not exactly chorizo) was better. The place is SMALL; think the size of a small bedroom, but Javier is a wonderfully nice guy and loves to sing. We enjoyed the tacos around the corner much better, and would probably not visit again given all the choices in Cabo. But, there is no denying the uniquness of the place, and the price makes it OK for you to go in and decide for yourself :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kent, Washington
“Best taco's in Cabo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This tiny hole in the wall gem is just that! Amazing decor, delicious food (get the chorrizo), and cute little Charlie hanging out in the corner under Gordo's chair (he's a poodle). My friends from Canada brought me here...we ate here 3 times on a 7 day trip! Highly recommended!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orange County
“Overly salted with soy sauce”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had high expectations going in given the raves on Trapper's list and tripadvisor. When we finally got to try the place, we were really disappointed in the taste. We ordered a fish taco and a beef taco, and both appeared to be drenched in soy sauce. It was hard to swallow, it was so salty. The service was fast and very polite. No complaints there. But we had to secretly wrap it up and threw it away down the street because we couldn't finish it. We asked a few locals and it appeared they were in agreement that Gordo Lele is no longer at the same high standard it once was. Locals recommended Los Claros and Gardenias for fish tacos. We tried Los Claros and I have to agree - much tastier.

Visited December 2012
Bellingham, Washington
“Go for the singing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Go to see Gordo sing! It's a hole in the wall spot decorated with Elvis and Beatles memorabilia.

We ordered a quesadilla and guacamole just to be polite. I especially liked the plate covered in a plastic bag to avoid washing (?). I can't comment on anything other than the itty bitty quesadilla; it was good.

Gordo was kind and sang for my friend's birthday. This spot, in my opinion, is all about the experience. It's quirky and fun. We stayed about 15 minutes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere